Aaron Woods to manly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He may have something to offer but he won't come cheap and there's not going to be much room in the cap.

I can't see this being true given the signings of Starling and Lui. And we need to keep Jake Trbojevic which will cost a bit.

I'd be happy to let him go elsewhere or stay where he is.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to offload Buhrer. He is now developing under the guidance of Joey and is modelling his game on Gift. He will develop into an able replacement for when Gift retires. Every bit of Buhrers game and physique reminds me of Gift's first couple of years. He took several years to develop his ball playing game and Ferris is coming along the same way.

mickqld said:
Why would anyone in their right mind want to offload Buhrer. He is now developing under the guidance of Joey and is modelling his game on Gift. He will develop into an able replacement for when Gift retires. Every bit of Buhrers game and physique reminds me of Gift's first couple of years. He took several years to develop his ball playing game and Ferris is coming along the same way.

Spot on mick. Aside from playing hurt at the start and end of the year I reckon ferris went well. I reckon he will get better every year and he won't peak until 2015-2016

^ Completely agree. Ferris had a great year and will only get better. Plus, he doesn't want to be anywhere else, which is important.

Oh I'm sorry. He is a crowd favourite among mods because he doesn't slip up and use the F word, therefore, he must be right in saying that the 2013 top try scorer, an origin player and a Manly jr/life member should be sacked. How could I be so silly not to agree with him.

It's a good sign when we are not all wanting to snap up a player of Aaron Woods ilk. I think he's a quality player for sure, but the fact we look at our forward pack and think....no we really don't need him, to me is a fantastic sign, and a big plus and endorsement for our recruitment team.

Not to mention our coaching staff that turn journeymen into quality players.

Funny how the rumours of Foran to Dogs cant possibly be true, but Woods to Manly is greeted by some.

Napper said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Napper said:
More of the usual drivel from DSM5. Mr Miserable.

Well why dont you astonish us with your knowledge rather than your usual diatribes that others have to clean up.

Oh I'm sorry. He is a crowd favourite among mods because he doesn't slip up and use the F word, therefore, he must be right in saying that the 2013 top try scorer, an origin player and a Manly jr/life member should be sacked. How could I be so silly not to agree with him.

Jatz wasn't referring to your comment where you called DSM5 "Mr Miserable". He was referring to your previous comment that was unapproved.

You have every right to not agree with what DSM5 had said (and I don't agree with what he said either) but your previous comment fell outside the guidelines of the Silvertails "Terms of Use" http://www.silvertails.net/about/site-information/5144-terms-of-use (under the headings "Rules of Usage" & "Inappropriate Language and Use") and also the Silvertails "Forum Terms Of Service" http://www.silvertails.net/about/site-information/5605-forum-terms-of-service

If you keep your comments within these guidelines then your comments will not be deleted/unapproved or give a reason for any moderator to clean up your comments.

the mauler said:
We should have plenty to spend with Foz gone.
g'day all,Aren't the hero and glen stewart on the last year of those backended contracts next year which means there should be some relief there as surely we wont be paying that sort of coin again.They might have to enter into another of their pay cut pacts?
cheers mike

Jethro said:
Napper said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Napper said:
More of the usual drivel from DSM5. Mr Miserable.

Well why dont you astonish us with your knowledge rather than your usual diatribes that others have to clean up.

Jatz wasn't referring to your comment where you called DSM5 "Mr Miserable". He was referring to your previous comment that was unapproved.

You have every right to not agree with what DSM5 had said (and I don't agree with what he said either) but your previous comment fell outside the guidelines of the Silvertails "Terms of Use" http://www.silvertails.net/about/site-information/5144-terms-of-use (under the headings "Rules of Usage" & "Inappropriate Language and Use") and also the Silvertails "Forum Terms Of Service" http://www.silvertails.net/about/site-information/5605-forum-terms-of-service

If you keep your comments within these guidelines then your comments will not be deleted/unapproved or give a reason for any moderator to clean up your comments.

Thanks for your efforts there Jethro.

mickqld said:

I agree that Buhrer is on an upward trend in terms of his importance to the team, but I'm not so agreeable with the Gift comparisons. I just see Buhrer being a more likely replacement to choc than Gift as his attributes are his speed and workrate, hopefully he'll have a few more seasons yet to develop with those 2 guns in the team.

Look, I might stand corrected with regard to Buher, but I've watched him for a few seasons and so far he hasn't set it on fire. He tries hard and might develop, but I just think he's about five kilo to light to make an impact. Lawrence, and Horo impress me more. Buher to hooker on the bench, but not in the pack per se. Kingy hasn't played for a couple of seasons and is of the age when they don't come back so readily, and Wolfs defence is his weakness, and from what I saw on GF day it won't improve. He's shot. And Bones, if we kept every player that made a GF, then we'd surely be dads army, and I might get a run. Regeneration is what it's all about.

So that's Barba going to the Bronks, Cam Smith going to the Bronks, Milford going to the Bronks and now DCE going to the Bronks. Somehow that seems a little more than your average salary cap transgression.

Milford will be signing with the QLD Reds.

I can't see any great need for Woods. Ben Teo put that massive hit on him in 2012 as Woods just runs predictable straight lines.

bob dylan said:
Funny how the rumours of Foran to Dogs cant possibly be true, but Woods to Manly is greeted by some.

I doubt either are true! Foz turned down moving to the Dogs with Hasler because he loves the Manly culture & his team mates. If he was going to go, he would have already been gone! There was an article about this.
As for Woods, not only does he love it at WT but with the Tigers having such a young inexperienced squad, the Tigers will aggressively move to retain the few experienced younger players they have left, especially Woods!

Brissie Kid said:
Milford will be signing with the QLD Reds.

I can't see any great need for Woods. Ben Teo put that massive hit on him in 2012 as Woods just runs predictable straight lines.

Wasn't it Matt Groat that Ben Teo smashed? Groat is pretty average so he wouldve been an easy target for Teo to line up! lol And from memory, apart from a couple of bench warming positions I don't think he's played NRL since!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6