Aaron Woods to manly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bird Up said:
bob dylan said:
Funny how the rumours of Foran to Dogs cant possibly be true, but Woods to Manly is greeted by some.

I doubt either are true! Foz turned down moving to the Dogs with Hasler because he loves the Manly culture & his team mates. If he was going to go, he would have already been gone! There was an article about this.
As for Woods, not only does he love it at WT but with the Tigers having such a young inexperienced squad, the Tigers will aggressively move to retain the few experienced younger players they have left, especially Woods!

Brissie Kid said:
Milford will be signing with the QLD Reds.

I can't see any great need for Woods. Ben Teo put that massive hit on him in 2012 as Woods just runs predictable straight lines.

Wasn't it Matt Groat that Ben Teo smashed? Groat is pretty average so he wouldve been an easy target for Teo to line up! lol And from memory, apart from a couple of bench warming positions I don't think he's played NRL since!!

He needs the groat photos to play first grade.

DSM5 said:
And Bones, if we kept every player that made a GF, then we'd surely be dads army, and I might get a run.

Which grand final did you play in?

bones said:
Bird Up said:
bob dylan said:
Funny how the rumours of Foran to Dogs cant possibly be true, but Woods to Manly is greeted by some.

I doubt either are true! Foz turned down moving to the Dogs with Hasler because he loves the Manly culture & his team mates. If he was going to go, he would have already been gone! There was an article about this.
As for Woods, not only does he love it at WT but with the Tigers having such a young inexperienced squad, the Tigers will aggressively move to retain the few experienced younger players they have left, especially Woods!

Brissie Kid said:

I can't see any great need for Woods. Ben Teo put that massive hit on him in 2012 as Woods just runs predictable straight lines.

Wasn't it Matt Groat that Ben Teo smashed? Groat is pretty average so he wouldve been an easy target for Teo to line up! lol And from memory, apart from a couple of bench warming positions I don't think he's played NRL since!!

DSM5 said:
And Bones, if we kept every player that made a GF, then we'd surely be dads army, and I might get a run.

What's a groat?? Is it the offspring of a grot and a goat? Like if Ennis and a goat..........would that result in a groat?

mozgrame said:
bones said:
Bird Up said:
bob dylan said:

Brissie Kid said:

DSM5 said:

What's a groat?? Is it the offspring of a grot and a goat? Like if Ennis and a goat..........would that result in a groat?

Well he's not at all the most fortunate bloke in the looks department!! Poor kid he'd have to feature as one of the comps most ugliest players! Lol hehe

mickqld said:
Why would anyone in their right mind want to offload Buhrer. He is now developing under the guidance of Joey and is modelling his game on Gift. He will develop into an able replacement for when Gift retires. Every bit of Buhrers game and physique reminds me of Gift's first couple of years. He took several years to develop his ball playing game and Ferris is coming along the same way.

Buhrer stats say he has played 83 games. Considering the number of times he played only 10-15 mins. Does anyone know how many total mins he has played. I have a suspicion that he may be the most inexperienced player in the team with only about 15 FULL GAMES.

you only get better by playing. hard to fix problems in your game at 10 mins a time.

Why is Ritchie constantly airing confidential, internal Manly activities :huh:

At least he has elevated us from 4th, to Grand Finalists in this article :p

The maths skills are still basic - offer of 600K being 'nearly' double of the 300K that Woods is now on :huh:

Ben Kennedy had dodgy knees and he went alright. Still, he was coming to the end of his career when we got him, you wonder how long Woods knees will hold out when he's having problems this early in his career.
$600,000 is a lot of money. If we are chasing him I hope it's only for a short contract to see how how the legs hold up. We don't want to be paying big money to a bloke who's out for long periods with injury.

Agreed,

I think 600k is way too much. That money could also be spent keeping some of our quality players lie Jake T.

I reckon Woods is a gun & under the guidance at Manly would be an outstanding signing. Keep in mind Kingy will be lucky to play past 2014...
With Woods we would have arguably the best frontrowers in the NRL as Jake T will be up with the best by the end of 2014.
Keep in mind some of the best coaches prefer reliable front rowers who take less salary cap to allow the star players are not lost.
Agree the priority is to keep DCE & the players already in the system, but with increased cap & players moving on/retiring would like to see Woods at Manly.

At the end of the day, any play who is relatively talented at the Tigers will only shine at another club where there's quality coaching staff, personnel & a good culture!

Take Fafita for example, reality is that if he actually stayed at the Tigers he would not be the player he is today! I think Sheens, the culture he encouraged and his unwillingness to promote the youth coming through held many kids back from reaching their full potential at the club........ Unless, of course, you're a Balmain/Wests junior like Brooks, Moses and Sironen or a coaches favourite, then the FG door is wide open! Lol Not many kids get a 'fair' go which is disappointing from a club so rich with quality youth coming through year after year!

The Tigers have the Keebra Park nursery pool of talent to pick from each year and have done so since Benji started; but the sad story is that the club don't know what to do with them and they somehow get 'lost' in the system between U20's & first grade! I can tell you now, the Tigers let go 2 critical future FG players from their 2012/13 20's side this year, which I think will come back and bite them in the butt in due course!

Now imagine if Manly had that kind of talent pool to recruit from each year? The club would be unstoppable year after year as they know how to plan and recruit for the future! All as we would need then is a quality NSW Cup coach who knows how to take these U20 kids to the next level and nurture them into quality FG Manly men!! :)

Brissie Kid said:
I'd be trying to chisel Shillo out of the Raiders if I were Manly.

Don't think it'd take much chiselling mate. Like many players I think he has little time for Mr R.Stuart!

Woods would be a great signing however is he worth 600k. The only prop if throw that sort of cash at is jwh

I reckon it's a decoy by Manly. Whenever we want to sign a player just about every other club enters the race.

If he's got dodgy knees the club should be reluctant to spend 600k on him.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2