• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Australian headline says both Fifita & Tuitavake to Saints in swap for Woods (rest of article behind paywall, sorry)

8F47036D-4A8A-49D8-824F-24B8534AEA29.jpeg

Veteran front-rower Aaron Woods is on the verge of joining the Manly Sea Eagles for the final season of his career.
The 32-year-old St George-Illawarra prop is part of a swap deal between the Dragons and Manly

Manly’s exciting young forwards Alec Tuitavake and Viliame Fifita will make an immediate switch to the Dragons as part of the swap.

Aaron Woods is leaving the Dragons to join Manly. Picture: Getty Images

Manly coach Anthony Seibold sees him as an important mentor to the club’s younger forwards and his experience off the bench will benefit the Sea Eagles.

This will be the 32-year-old’s fifth club after stints at Wests Tigers, Canterbury, Cronulla, the Dragons and now Manly.

News Corp broke the original story of young forwards Tuitavake and Fifita joining Saints, effective immediately.

Veteran front-rower Aaron Woods is on the verge of joining the Manly Sea Eagles for the final season of his career.
The 32-year-old St George-Illawarra prop is part of a swap deal between the Dragons and Manly

Manly’s exciting young forwards Alec Tuitavake and Viliame Fifita will make an immediate switch to the Dragons as part of the swap.

Manly coach Anthony Seibold sees him as an important mentor to the club’s younger forwards and his experience off the bench will benefit the Sea Eagles.

This will be the 32-year-old’s fifth club after stints at Wests Tigers, Canterbury, Cronulla, the Dragons and now Manly.

News Corp broke the original story of young forwards Tuitavake and Fifita joining Saints, effective immediately.
“Important mentor to the clubs younger forwards”,are there any younger ones left?

Must be to free up cash to upgrade some of our other younger players.

We’ve got Jake, Paseka, Aloiai, Keppie, Sipley, Bullemor (& now Woods) in the prop dept.

Maybe the club sees the above as our pack for some time so rather than hold 2 young props back, release them to free up cash & recruit in other positions?

Must be to free up cash to upgrade some of our other younger players.

We’ve got Jake, Paseka, Aloiai, Keppie, Sipley, Bullemor (& now Woods) in the prop dept.

Maybe the club sees the above as our pack for some time so rather than hold 2 young props back, release them to free up cash & recruit in other positions?
Obviously it’s a financial decision because Woods is only signed for this year,thankfully

Comes down to potential vs experience. Perhaps our coaches prefer the latter. Many a club has banked its roster on potential and lost. I'm backing the coaches.

Strange comparison but here goes: besides Manly, my other addiction is a game called Hearthstone. There's a mulligan at the start where you get three choices of cards to keep or put back in the deck for later. Sometimes I keep a card that can't be used for five turns (it's complicated) because it will be a killer when I get to use it, only to die before I get the chance.

I guess what I'm saying is potential is always just that until it actually blooms.

OMG I suggested this as a joke when the story 1st broke about these 2
Little did I think it would come true
Very disappointed esp in losing Fifita
Woods is a light of other years
Surely there is some other reason here , is it cap ? Is it that grubby manager, or is it just dumb decision
Time will tell I guess
In any case Go Manly tonight!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4