• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've said it before, we shouldn't underestimate the value of what a player can offer OFF the field.

In this instance a player like Woods could be invaluable to guys like Fainu, Sykes, Dias etc - he's played 14 Origins and 17 for Australia so he obviously knew what it took.

Is he costing us any money? Talk is that's a no.
Is he past it? Yes
Is he likely to play FG? No
Can he offer experience and mentoring to the young up and comers? Yes
I can't remember any off field indiscretions and he's a likeable bloke so that's a tick too.

So far the two that are leaving aren't anywhere near first grade either, yes there may me be more upside but as yet they are unproven, time will tell.

We've gone from having a disastrous 2022 to an optimistic 2023. Who knows what lies ahead but at this stage I'm willing to back the club at making the best decision possible.
I really knew nothing about Mestrov before he came on board but he seems to be a bloke who knows how to get things done and I think he'll bust his arse to make sure we don't get walked over and that the club stays strong and competitive.

Hi Aaron, welcome to Manly.

I hope you bring the right balance of experience, attitude and youth-nurturing culture-enriching presence the club will be benefit from.

Whilst there are a lot of retirees on the Northern Beaches, you are not one of them and we expect a return on the loss of 2 promising young talents we nurtured since they were Eagles chicks.

Even if you play reggies for Blacktown each week, we hope to see you putting in like its your legacy, and not just winding out the clock on an impressive career.

And if you do just that, we will all love you.

AKA | TLDR

Please be like Ben Kennedy.
Please don't be like Nate Myles.

Seibold wants Woods to be our locker room leader. Consulted Jake and Tom first. So sure game time in A grade might be limited. But I'm not putting him in the Reserve grade only category just yet. Sounds a bit like he's seen as improving some A grade leadership issues.

If he's only mentoring Ressie's getting Jake and Tom's blessing first seems overly diplomatic.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't have an issue with Woodsy being here.
He played alot of rep footy played 250 first grade games so experience. He probably play tops 8 to 10 games around origin to bit of injury. It's not like with myles he expected to start.
There decent depth on middles already
Jake, Paseka, Aloiai, Bully and Sipley.
We not paying a thing and we get to upgrade our bluechip edge Olakau’atu.
And what makes it funny or sad neither of those boys want to be at saints.

Yeah I don't have an issue with Woodsy being here.
He played alot of rep footy played 250 first grade games so experience. He probably play tops 8 to 10 games around origin to bit of injury. It's not like with myles he expected to start.
There decent depth on middles already
Jake, Paseka, Aloiai, Bully and Sipley.
We not paying a thing and we get to upgrade our bluechip edge Olakau’atu.
And what makes it funny or sad neither of those boys want to be at saints.
Just playing devil's advocate here, but could it be part of a strategy to get Sione Fainu back to Manly in 2024.....???@;)

Last edited:
Interesting how he going at tigers ?
On the bench for NSW Cup with James Roumanos

Tigers this week

Tigers: 1. Adam Doueihi 2. Charlie Staines 3. Brent Naden 4. Asu Kepaoa 5. Junior Tupou 6. Brandon Wakeham 7. Luke Brooks 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. John Bateman 13. Fonua Pole 14. Jake Simpkin 15. Alex Twal 16. Justin Matamua 17. Starford To'a 18. Shawn Blore 19. Joe Ofahengaue 20. Tukimihia Simpkins 21. Daine Laurie 22. Alex Seyfarth

Team List:

1 DAINE LAURIE 2 ISRAEL OGDEN 3 SEMISI KIOA 4 TRISTON REILLY 5 JORDAN HILL 6 WILL SMITH 7 KADE HILL 8 AITASI JAMES 9 RUA NGATIKAURA 10 TUKIMIHIA SIMPKINS 11 JACK BOYLING 12 BRANDON MANSFIELD-WEBSTER 13 ALEX SEYFARTH 14 SIONE FAINU 15 JAMES ROMANOUS 16 JACOB ANJOUL 17 CHRISTIAN MA’ANAIMA 18 LIAM HARRIS 19 ZANE CAMROUX

Welcome aboard Shazza, I guess

Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

On the bench for NSW Cup with James Roumanos

Tigers this week

Tigers: 1. Adam Doueihi 2. Charlie Staines 3. Brent Naden 4. Asu Kepaoa 5. Junior Tupou 6. Brandon Wakeham 7. Luke Brooks 8. Stefano Utoikamanu 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. David Klemmer 11. Isaiah Papali'i 12. John Bateman 13. Fonua Pole 14. Jake Simpkin 15. Alex Twal 16. Justin Matamua 17. Starford To'a 18. Shawn Blore 19. Joe Ofahengaue 20. Tukimihia Simpkins 21. Daine Laurie 22. Alex Seyfarth

Team List:

1 DAINE LAURIE 2 ISRAEL OGDEN 3 SEMISI KIOA 4 TRISTON REILLY 5 JORDAN HILL 6 WILL SMITH 7 KADE HILL 8 AITASI JAMES 9 RUA NGATIKAURA 10 TUKIMIHIA SIMPKINS 11 JACK BOYLING 12 BRANDON MANSFIELD-WEBSTER 13 ALEX SEYFARTH 14 SIONE FAINU 15 JAMES ROMANOUS 16 JACOB ANJOUL 17 CHRISTIAN MA’ANAIMA 18 LIAM HARRIS 19 ZANE CAMROUX
Jez certainly not making an impression

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4