AB De Villiers Retires

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not sure I have seen a more naturally gifted cricketer than AB. Outstanding bat and freakshow in the field. My favourite cricketer of the last 10 years, always played in a great spirit. Injury has got the better of him over the last few seasons and probably cost him a shot at 10,000 test runs, and certainly cost him 10,000 ODI runs. Retires with a Test and ODI average in the 50's though - not many in that league.

He should be able to make a nice earner playing T20 for a few years. Here's hoping that one of the BBL sides sign him up (Sixers I'm looking at you), be great to see him out here giving it a lash.

Has been a pleasure to watch him play.

Not sure I have seen a more naturally gifted cricketer than AB. Outstanding bat and freakshow in the field. My favourite cricketer of the last 10 years, always played in a great spirit. Injury has got the better of him over the last few seasons and probably cost him a shot at 10,000 test runs, and certainly cost him 10,000 ODI runs. Retires with a Test and ODI average in the 50's though - not many in that league.

He should be able to make a nice earner playing T20 for a few years. Here's hoping that one of the BBL sides sign him up (Sixers I'm looking at you), be great to see him out here giving it a lash.

Has been a pleasure to watch him play.

Agree about AB .... in my generation the best I have seen was Garfield Sobers .......

Once I worked out he wasn't Fanie de Villiers , I enjoyed it a lot more.

AB could play!

Best of retirement luck to him.

edit: Also, Pakistan just thumped england at lords. Didn't want to start a new thread but beating eng is always noteworthy!

I didn't see enough of AB to work out where to place him in my list of greats but every time I saw him playing against us I couldn't imagine how we were going to get him out. Still not sure how we usually got him out. He probably got himself out with his attacking attitude.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2