AFL , no jab no play will NRL do the same

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
On the same topic but not footy has anyone read that many of the tennis stars that usually come for the Australian Open won’t be in attendance as apparently only 65% of males and 60% of females are vaccinated.

Absentee’s could include last years male winner.

Crazy some of these tennis players.

I only bet on two sports. NRL and tennis (I was never going to be a professional but played A grade when I was still able to run.)

There have been a few players that have caught Covid. Di Minaur, Dimitrov, Sabalenka in the women's.

Without fail, these players will all go like busteds for about 3 or 4 events post recovery. Sabalenka is still struggling. Grigor Dimitrov said he'd never been so sick. As soon as I hear they've got Covid, I bet against them when they return to the court. The odds makers at Sportsbet thankfully have yet to put two and two together. And it's worked out quite well. Ka-ching. Thank you.

While not everyone gets really sick, why would you take the chance is my attitude ? It's a no-brainer.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Clearly the feds and NSW ( followed by VIC) were the worst pre and post the timeframe you mention, hopefully we don't see the spike in cases they are getting in UK and Europe now. Massive numbers and deaths in those places, some who have a lot of vaxxed but hardly a mention in our media compared to the blanket coverage of Italy, UK and USA from a year ago
Yes , I’m less relaxed now ( as let’s face it it’s 18 months ) than I was in June.

But up to then, despite whinging about our Premiers seemingly lack of humanity , I think they’ve all done the best they could do.

Yes there were mistakes made by them all but I just can’t rehash a mistake from June 2020 less than 6 months in, I just do not think that’s fair.

The Feds backed AZ because it could be made here and that got them in the ****, but really you can’t blame them because the other vaccines were in high demand everywhere and they thought it was the right choice.

Dan in Victoria made multiple errors , protecting his union mates with the hotel quarantine instead of allowing the army in BUT he thought what was doing was right.

Gladys opened NSW far too quickly and suffered as a result , it was wrong but she thought she was doing the right thing.

None of them had a playbook.

But they do have now , so the time to judge is on what they do now , not what they did 12 months ago.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
To be fair , I really don’t blame ANY of the politicians for what happened from February to the middle of this year.

That’s state ( including my own Premier who I despise ) and federal.

There were no playbooks , no manual and yes they ALL made mistakes.

We need to move on and rake the politics out of the equation.

And that’s despite them all making lots of **** ups , and let’s face it each of them have.

Just for you to consider Mark .. let us say that we went the same way as the USA with limited lockdowns and some states just let it run policy .. the comparison and result would be based on pop, recorded cases and recorded deaths ..

USA .. pop 333 million .. 46 million cases (14% of pop) ... 750,000 deaths (1.6% of cases)

Then Aust pop 26 million .. est.3.65 million cases (14% of pop) ...est.58,000 deaths (1.6% of cases)

Given our less than 1500 deaths I would say erring on the side of keeping people alive was a pretty good outcome ..

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just for you to consider Mark .. let us say that we went the same way as the USA with limited lockdowns and some states just let it run policy .. the comparison and result would be based on pop, recorded cases and recorded deaths ..

USA .. pop 333 million .. 46 million cases (14% of pop) ... 750,000 deaths (1.6% of cases)

Then Aust pop 26 million .. est.3.65 million cases (14% of pop) ...est.58,000 deaths (1.6% of cases)

Given our less than 1500 deaths I would say erring on the side of keeping people alive was a pretty good outcome ..
Oh yes , I’m not suggesting the end result has been pretty good.

Mistakes along the way ( from all states and the federals as well ) but the end game is pretty bloody good by comparison.

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Spot on Woodsie.

I always said that every country had to choose their poison when it came to this pandemic.

You were either going to lockdown and pay a heavy economic price as Australia chose to do.

Or you could go the American, UK, Italian, Brazilian, (etc etc) route and pay a big price in human life.

But you couldn't save lives and just keep on living as before. Pick one.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
To be honest this thread is somewhat the problem. As much as all “ know” each other who knows if what anyone is actually being truthful ( like much of the internet) - all we can do is trust your medical professional and science…. Which is why I am double vaxd

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
To be honest this thread is somewhat the problem. As much as all “ know” each other who knows if what anyone is actually being truthful ( like much of the internet) - all we can do is trust your medical professional and science…. Which is why I am double vaxd
Exactly !!

• 👍
Reactions: lsz

manly al

First Grader
Damm hard virus to contain anywhere especially with the Delta variant . Even previously indicated or so called model containment locations with high vaccination rates like Singapore and others are continuing to have issues with sporadic outbreaks. . High vaccination rates still seem the key to reducing or mitigating its more harmful effects . Haven 't heard of any more serious virulent strains mutating or appearing for a while but not that well informed or aware . Spanish flu seemed to burn itself out or reduced to less harmful mutations after a couple of years but that was after killing something like 20 mil people world wide . Probably 4 times as many people on the planet now so maybe will take a bit longer to run its course so to speak with a way [ very way ] less fatality outcome surely more then possible . .

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Latest confirmed numbnut sighting is Luke Thompson the pommie prop at Bulldogs .. apparently refusing vax, wearing masks etc etc ... hard to believe he is the fruit of the loins of a race that conquered 3/4's of the known world with just a stiff upper lip and a couple of nutters with bagpipes ..

Kevinward777

First Grader
Clearly the feds and NSW ( followed by VIC) were the worst pre and post the timeframe you mention, hopefully we don't see the spike in cases they are getting in UK and Europe now. Massive numbers and deaths in those places, some who have a lot of vaxxed but hardly a mention in our media compared to the blanket coverage of Italy, UK and USA from a year ago
I thought the UK was over 90% vaxed. What's doing?

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Amen.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Latest confirmed numbnut sighting is Luke Thompson the pommie prop at Bulldogs .. apparently refusing vax, wearing masks etc etc ... hard to believe he is the fruit of the loins of a race that conquered 3/4's of the known world with just a stiff upper lip and a couple of nutters with bagpipes ..
I wonder if he's using it as a way of breaking his contract with the dogs & getting one elsewhere (i.e. at a better club)?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
11 5 6 -88 12