After watching the Storm tonight....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Whilst we may match them for strike power, and even talent, the Storm are much better at mastery of the Rules than Manly - and every other team - hands down.

They control when they give away 6-agains and its done with purpose (to halt momentum), and they back their def to hold out a couple of extra tackles as the price of stopping the roll-on. This will be our test when we play them later - can we crack the way they control a game's pace?

They train for 1on1 strips and use it as an effective tactic. I can see Des would be prepping our guys for this, but it's hard to defend against when they do it with such precision - setting the steal up with 3 guys in the tackle, and then 2 drop off at the perfect time.

They use the substitution rules due to HIA / High-Shots very effectively to move players around and create extra substitution options. Discipline is extra important, and grubs like Munster know how to milk.

They target key players - Sam Walker tonight was bludgeoned out of the game and the Chooks got a bagel. They will have a containment strategy for Tom and will be out to hurt him.

And as we all know they control the wrestle like no other, they aim to turtle players on their backs and then lie in the ruck so the quick play-the-ball is reduced. Even if its a fraction of a second per play, it all adds up over a game, and again kills momentum.

Extremely well coached, with the shortest learning curve of any team for rule changes - and how best to exploit them. This is not a criticism on the Storm, actually its the opposite. They are just the most devious team in the NRL, and Manly are are not their league in that regard. Des has stacked up well against Bellamy in years past, but Bellamy is just in a class of his own with these new rules.
Tonight was the closest I've watched them all season and their ability to slow the PTB without being punished is still the best in the league by a country mile.

We need more composure when things are going against us before we can take on the Storm at their level.

They are just methodical across the park, we have a few that get easily frustrated like the roosters did tonight when things aren't rolling out way. Storm capitalise on that.

They are ruthless too, they smash a good player out of the game.

Fk I hate them.

Roosters were pathetic tonight. They have many good players, but their self belief & confidence is shot, esp. against the top teams. They lost Keary, their key playmaker, early in the season and since then Friend, Morris & Cordner have all medically retired. It appears they will need to start afresh next season.
Yep totally agree. Don’t let the big score fool you, this Easts team has come right back to the field. We’d make short work of Easts at the moment not a doubt in my mind. They will end up 6-8.

Whilst we may match them for strike power, and even talent, the Storm are much better at mastery of the Rules than Manly - and every other team - hands down.

They control when they give away 6-agains and its done with purpose (to halt momentum), and they back their def to hold out a couple of extra tackles as the price of stopping the roll-on. This will be our test when we play them later - can we crack the way they control a game's pace?

They train for 1on1 strips and use it as an effective tactic. I can see Des would be prepping our guys for this, but it's hard to defend against when they do it with such precision - setting the steal up with 3 guys in the tackle, and then 2 drop off at the perfect time.

They use the substitution rules due to HIA / High-Shots very effectively to move players around and create extra substitution options. Discipline is extra important, and grubs like Munster know how to milk.

They target key players - Sam Walker tonight was bludgeoned out of the game and the Chooks got a bagel. They will have a containment strategy for Tom and will be out to hurt him.

And as we all know they control the wrestle like no other, they aim to turtle players on their backs and then lie in the ruck so the quick play-the-ball is reduced. Even if its a fraction of a second per play, it all adds up over a game, and again kills momentum.

Extremely well coached, with the shortest learning curve of any team for rule changes - and how best to exploit them. This is not a criticism on the Storm, actually its the opposite. They are just the most devious team in the NRL, and Manly are are not their league in that regard. Des has stacked up well against Bellamy in years past, but Bellamy is just in a class of his own with these new rules.
Very well put and can’t say I disagree at all. In saying that there is something about Manly and Des that the Storm and Bellamy don’t like. We are a needle in their side. I reckon if there’s one team Bellamy doesn’t want to face fit and in form it’s us.

Great players.
Fantastic coach.
Well disciplined.
Best system in the NRL.
Masters of manipulation.
Biggest grubs in the history of the game.

Completely beatable as well.

What did you guys think of Welch’s tackle on Walker…….Late? High? Reckless? I thought no drama at all just unfortunate clash of heads yet hero Tedesco comes in & goes for Welch then ducks for cover when Welch grabs him Lolol. Coach Robinson blowing up & complaining it was late & reckless. That he’s sick & tired of his players copping late shots. Seriously? Obviously pi$$ed off his team got done again. So much for ‘the next big thing’ Suali. What’s he done since coming into 1st grade? SFA!!!! Media bringing up their injuries lololol. We still have more 1st graders on our injured list than they have. Obviously 3 of their saviours have medically retired. I’m sure things would be different if they were still playing……NOT. Fvck them. About time they were exposed.

What did you guys think of Welch’s tackle on Walker…….Late? High? Reckless? I thought no drama at all just unfortunate clash of heads yet hero Tedesco comes in & goes for Welch then ducks for cover when Welch grabs him Lolol. Coach Robinson blowing up & complaining it was late & reckless. That he’s sick & tired of his players copping late shots. Seriously? Obviously pi$$ed off his team got done again. So much for ‘the next big thing’ Suali. What’s he done since coming into 1st grade? SFA!!!! Media bringing up their injuries lololol. We still have more 1st graders on our injured list than they have. Obviously 3 of their saviours have medically retired. I’m sure things would be different if they were still playing……NOT. Fvck them. About time they were exposed.
Nothing in it at all. Walker is getting found out and targeted and his performance is being impacted. Suaali as well. Robbos outbursts are perhaps masking his underlying failures of bringing these guys in too soon. They’d want to be careful with Walker as that shot from Olam really knocked him around. Every team is going after him now. And when Easts are on the back foot (and they will continue to be a lot for the remainder of 21) Walker is target number 1.

Interesting, not sure what the commentators said but a hypothetical.
If that was an accidental arm, shoulder etc what would have happened?
Welch would have been binned yeah? Careless? Reckless?
Accidental head clash that could be construed as careless or reckless - if the NRL are fair dinkum regarding concussions etc then Welch should have at least penalised.
I don’t agree with it but far less accidental head contact has been - consistency is overrated.

Great looking bench mate, but I prefer ours.
14. Walker
15. Lawton
16. Taupau
17. Sipley/Keppie
Yep, great bench against the lesser teams but, as Nordburg alluded to, when the tough end of the season rolls around I want Keplie and Sippers both in...and Lawton is far more versatile than Walker. Just sayin'.

Yep, great bench against the lesser teams but, as Nordburg alluded to, when the tough end of the season rolls around I want Keplie and Sippers both in...and Lawton is far more versatile than Walker. Just sayin'.
Hopefully with Aloiai back our starting forward pack will be:
Aloiai
Croker
Paseka
Olakau’atu
Schuster
Jake
Res: Walker, Marty, Keppie, Sipley
I think this is the equal of any other pack & better than most!!!

We’d need to have a full strength team including Fainu and catch them on an extremely rare off day while getting every 50/50 call to beat them.

We’d need to have a full strength team including Fainu and catch them on an extremely rare off day while getting every 50/50 call to beat them.
This very successful NEW squad has only had 10 rounds together and have 10 more weeks to gel before the finals arrive. The drizzle MAY knock us off on the way but we have more upside than they do before this is done. The Dogs would have beaten the Rorters tonight.

Yep it's a great problem to have leading into the finals. We have so many players in form it's hard to come up with a bench everyone on here could agree to. It's very hard to leave Keppie or Sipley out as they both clearly deserve to be in.

I think Hynes has a tendency to hog the ball when he could be passing to someone in a better position.

Maybe he is under instruction, however I thought they missed a few scoring opportunities last night, when he didn’t pass when he could have.
Agree re Hynes. I actually don’t think he will excel outside Tge Storm. He might prove me wrong. I also thought he goes a bit sideways - in fact a number of heir players do.

Their D is was stood out the most to me, it Is outstanding, its hard to put into words and cover every aspect, they absolutely pumped their effort on the rosters when they were trying to come out of their red zone, they hold their line so well across the park, their backs basically stand in their corridor and don’t open for anyone, their forwards work their backsides off and slide either side of the ruck to cover the attacking play, they are always 3 in a tackle, 2 high, 1 low, they shut the ball down first and or try to steel it, they win the wrestle almost every time, they work every second out of the hold down, it has already been said, they control the oppositions roll on by willingly giving up set restarts, they don’t just complete tackles, they are physically looking to hurt in every tackle, no one ever gives up on a play and they set or reset their line like clockwork, no wonder teams are finding it hard to score points against them, they are relentless and next level, they are definitely the team to beat for this year’s title for mine.

According to Peter V its not the new rules that are ensuring blowouts but poor roster management. Who ever thought the roosters could be accused of poor roster management

Get ready Pete for the roosters to submit an application to fit 45 players under the cap next season

A few personal observations and views:-
Young Walker could have a very short NRL career, last night his wingmen went missing and he copped a hiding ... he already looks broken ...
to beat the Storm our defence needs to improve dramatically ....
Storm continue to get away with forward passes and off sides, and they don't need that help
I love the steady play that Croker has given of late but my team to beat Storm would have Lawton at hooker with Walker, Keppie, Marty and Sipley on the bench

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12