All charge-downs are now illegal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From a Psychological Perspective...

Foz was fazed into missing the kick by the power of intimidation from the aggressive quick moving raiders defence
What does faze mean ? It means to disturb and bother some one and put them off their stride
Credit must also go to the Intimidating quick moving raiders defence

Careful there @BOZO, the NRL will see this and the new buzz rule will be...."The Fazer".
After all isn't that what a "disrupter" is?

What got me was how the situation of the game is no longer considered. It was a wet night last play of the game and some desperation involved.

We have moved so far to black and white decisions - that is what the really good ref's used to be able to do. Look a the context of the game when making a decision rather than the black and white ruling

I have lost all respect for SJ after his dive and acting lesson, and the NRL have vindicated that it is fine to take a dive after charging Aloiai. Disgraceful.

Mark has an excellent point, golden point is dead. Needs to be golden try. Enough of this bull$%^t

Alternatively, at fulltime they toss the coin and the winner takes first shot, unapposed, from the 30 metre line while everyone watches. That is exactly how stupid this is,

NYEagle

Nothing mentioned by Anusly at today's media conference. No questions asked by media about the penalty.
Just shows you how little the NRL and the media care about Manly.

Nothing mentioned by Anusly at today's media conference. No questions asked by media about the penalty.
The media twits couldn’t even form a clear concise question about a hypothetical scenario. I thought Year 9 English would be a minimum to work in the field.

Last edited:
Maybe if our coach was prepared to protest the decision (as Bob Fulton, Des Hasler, Geoff Toovey might have) at the post-match press conference, Annesley would have no alternative but to address it.

Either of his own volition or after questioning by journalists in attendance.

Blame Seibold. If he is too weak (or whatever) to stand up for his players, the players will continue to cop bad decisions out in the middle.

Maybe if our coach was prepared to protest the decision (as Bob Fulton, Des Hasler, Geoff Toovey might have) at the post-match press conference, Annesley would have no alternative but to address it.

Blame Seibold. If he is too weak (or whatever) to stand up for his players, the players will continue to cop bad decisions out in the middle.

I'm guessing the coach, rightly or wrongly, is trying to foster an attitude of "just get on with it", and not give the players any excuses.

I am not a massive Aloiai fan but that was a great effort play after making the previous tackle. Still dumbfounded by the penalty.
Would have been a better play if he was actually square from marker when he became a victim of SJ's vicious kick. Penalty either way.

I liked his response in the media

Also I am big fan of coaches not blowing up refs in the media. That should be handled behind closed doors as the rest of the grand standing is for fans and to protect players - which just serves to run down the refs

See this

Been clear for years you don’t touch the kickers legs. Whether SJ milked it or not doesn’t matter if oshay doesn’t go anywhere near his legs. SJ was no hope of kicking it anyway

Gus Gould pointed out the laughable play-the-ball by AFB immediately prior to the field goal attempt. That should have been a penalty.
The Canberra player who charged down Foran's attempt was offside; that should have been a penalty.
Alaoi accidentally come in contact with an opponent's leg and it's a penalty, plus a suspension.
Everything surrounding a field goal attempt, especially in Golden Point, is murky because the outcome of that one kick can prove the decisive moment in a football match. It's unfair to the losing team.
I actually like the suggestion of a new points system: 4 points for a win, 3 for a GP win, 1 point for the losing GP team.

Not that I necessarily think Klemmer should have been suspended but he is free to play this week after very aggressively executing two swinging arms, and Aloiai makes soft accidental contact with a leg and misses a week. Well done NRL on being the dumbest governing body in Australian sport.

But Pap's classic hip-drop ... no suspension...
1713223021914.png

It was silly penalty to concede really. I liked he showed desperation but it was a low percentage play as Johnston had next to no chance of kicking that field goal. Aloaia should have kept his feet. Easy in hindsight I know. But an error none the less just like Jake stopping n the Line against the Eels. These errors are costly.

I have lost all respect for SJ after his dive and acting lesson, and the NRL have vindicated that it is fine to take a dive after charging Aloiai. Disgraceful.

Mark has an excellent point, golden point is dead. Needs to be golden try. Enough of this bull$%^t

Alternatively, at fulltime they toss the coin and the winner takes first shot, unapposed, from the 30 metre line while everyone watches. That is exactly how stupid this is,

NYEagle

I Don't blame SJ, it's the game.

He'd be a mug if he didn't carry on. I don't like it either but that's the world we live in.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8