All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Im in Newcastle every few weeks, stay out at Merewether . Head into Newcastle city with the wife for a coffee down on the main strip and a stroll through hunter st . Maybe a drive along the beach to kill some time which just about covers everthing . I'll guarantee one thing , this place will not suit Mitchell Pearce .
haven't you been to horseshoe beach?
he'd love it there!

for those not in the know its a dog friendly leash off beach in newcastle:giggle:

So, if we get Pearce, in a couple of years our recruitment team will have landed Tapau, Walker, Lussick, API, Siro, Winterstein, Kelly, Uate, Lane, Tanginoa, Paseka, Metcalf, Green, Cullen, Hastings, and now Pearce. As well as upgrading the Turbos and 7 members from our premiership winning team. @NLSeaEagle where are you mate?

Kevvie, are you missing me?

I don't understand your post? It seems to contradict itself?

We have landed Tapau, Walker, API, Uate ...good players!
And also landed Winterstein, Kelly, Lane, Metcalf, Green, Cullen, Hastings.........................very f***ing average players.

So what are you saying?

Anyone who thinks our recruitment team knows what they are doing has very low expectations.

I've said this before .........if you throw enough darts, you eventually hit the board, and maybe also the occasional bulls eye.

There's a massive list of failures recruited recently (say 2014 on)

Lewis Brown, Matthew Wright , Shaun Lane, Jackson Hastings, Cameron Cullen, Nate Myles, Jarrad Kennedy, Pita Godinet, Luke Burgess, Jayden Hodges, Isaac John, Blake Leary, Nathan Green, etc etc etc

I'm sure everyone can add to this list.

p.s. let's see what happens with Pearce, I think they will f*** it up............and more evidence of how we have recruited badly is that we do not even really have players to offload to make cap room. We have some stars who everyone wants but we don't want to get rid off (TT, JT, MT, DCE, Api) .................and then a whole bunch of players who no one wants!!!

Thanks mate, it's a fine line trying to trip around confidentiality, trying not to make it non evident where the source comes (to protect them) and the phone calls saying "I didn't tell you to share it", to sharing info about the team we care so much about, and want to share with you guys & girls. I get direct info on mostly 2 clubs but with the extra relationships it grows to 4. It is amazing that most management teams of each NRL team actually read the posts on this site. Guess that's on Dan for building a great website!
Keep it coming mate.

Not to scare everyone, I had also heard today from a total wanker that Manly had been asked by Pearce's management team to withdraw it's contract because Pearce had invoked his 10 day cooling off period because Knights had offered $1.2mil next 2 years . Of course I was having the preverbal heart attack, but this is unconfirmed, if Pearce wants a Premiership - Manly the place to be!

What does your source say about this?

Kevvie, are you missing me?

I don't understand your post? It seems to contradict itself?

We have landed Tapau, Walker, API, Uate ...good players!
And also landed Winterstein, Kelly, Lane, Metcalf, Green, Cullen, Hastings.........................very f***ing average players.

So what are you saying?

Anyone who thinks our recruitment team knows what they are doing has very low expectations.

I've said this before .........if you throw enough darts, you eventually hit the board, and maybe also the occasional bulls eye.

There's a massive list of failures recruited recently (say 2014 on)

Lewis Brown, Matthew Wright , Shaun Lane, Jackson Hastings, Cameron Cullen, Nate Myles, Jarrad Kennedy, Pita Godinet, Luke Burgess, Jayden Hodges, Isaac John, Blake Leary, Nathan Green, etc etc etc

I'm sure everyone can add to this list.

p.s. let's see what happens with Pearce, I think they will f*** it up............and more evidence of how we have recruited badly is that we do not even really have players to offload to make cap room. We have some stars who everyone wants but we don't want to get rid off (TT, JT, MT, DCE, Api) .................and then a whole bunch of players who no one wants!!!
Mate, many of the players you list as being abject failures, have been signed on potential, or as back up. And I dare say when viewed as such, they are in fact decent signings. For example, Matthew Wright is a backup player with over 130 first grade games. He was never signed with the intent he was going to be in the top 17, so your argument there is ridiculous. As it is when you list players signed on the cheap with potential in mind. No club has superstars 1 through 17, it's not the eighties champ. It also appears that Manly have been chasing Pearce for a good while, during which time you have been going on and on about how no one wants to come here and our team is ****. Yet all the papers report that Pearce is leaning towards signing with us because our squad is high quality and full of potential. So...who is correct? Pearce with his 240 first grade games? Or you, with zip? Calling Metcalf average, at 20 years of age, and before he's even had a chance in first grade says it all really.

"Even with Green gone, Manly have only $500,000 in next year’s cap. They would have to pay Pearce $2.2 million over the following two years."

This can't be correct. From buzzs article.
I saw Buzz this afternoon in the Coopers Arms Hotel. Shortly after the article came out. Needless to say, he was on the sauce, and his fat head was a shade of red that would kill most people. Let's not forget, he stated emphatically that the Broncos were after Pearce. Only for Bennett to expose him as the sh1t talking town drunk that he is.

Last edited:
Im in Newcastle every few weeks, stay out at Merewether . Head into Newcastle city with the wife for a coffee down on the main strip and a stroll through hunter st . Maybe a drive along the beach to kill some time which just about covers everthing . I'll guarantee one thing , this place will not suit Mitchell Pearce .

Hey Brad, I live there. Next time in town call me we will go for a beer!

So...who is correct? Pearce with his 240 first grade games? Or you, with zip? .

Me.............what a stupid question! @;):hi:

Let's be fair..........................we could only have been "chasing" Pearce since the Cronk deal materialised.
And who wouldn't have worked that one out!! Green wants out, we needed a half!

And this is one of my points................we have been woeful at successfully identifying potential.
Very few of these bargain buys on potential have worked out.

And let's be clear I have never said our team is sh*t, we just have a lot of sh*t players. (e.g. Wright, Lane, Hastings, Kelly, Green)
I have stated all along that we are only 2 or 3 positions short of being really competitive.

I think we needed a quality number 6 (highest priority), an outside back and a strong running forward.
We are probably going to get none of them.

And regardless of what the papers say, we are going to have to find more money to land Pearce.
If it's true, a 2 year deal at the Knights on $1.2 vs a 2 year deal with us at $900k...............theres no f***ing way he comes here no matter how much "potential" he sees at Manly

Yep it would be madness to break the bank for him. Having two halves on a million or Pearce coming in on 700-800 would make salary cap situation impossible.
Yeah. But that’s what we will have... pretty limited recruitment for the next couple of years.

By the way if you think the Manly staff don’t read what we say ( with the exception of the great Zorba) then you’ve got rocks in your head.

Every CEO I dealt with from 2005-2013 practically lived on here.

Plus every journo from every source.

Let’s not forget @Dan has done a wonderful job with this website for a very long time and it would be one of the most respected of the fan sites.

By the way if you think the Manly staff don’t read what we say ( with the exception of the great Zorba) then you’ve got rocks in your head.

Every CEO I dealt with from 2005-2013 practically lived on here.

Plus every journo from every source.

Let’s not forget @Dan has done a wonderful job with this website for a very long time and it would be one of the most respected of the fan sites.
Not sure we have that much respect but I and everyone has worked hard to make the site credible, functional, fun and informative.

Last year was a good year and I was able to open good dialogue with a number of parties and even being out of country have managed to work on those relationships.

I like seeing the site grow and would love nothing more than to see it grow even more in the coming years

Me.............what a stupid question! @;):hi:

Let's be fair..........................we could only have been "chasing" Pearce since the Cronk deal materialised.
And who wouldn't have worked that one out!! Green wants out, we needed a half!

And this is one of my points................we have been woeful at successfully identifying potential.
Very few of these bargain buys on potential have worked out.

And let's be clear I have never said our team is sh*t, we just have a lot of sh*t players. (e.g. Wright, Lane, Hastings, Kelly, Green)
I have stated all along that we are only 2 or 3 positions short of being really competitive.

I think we needed a quality number 6 (highest priority), an outside back and a strong running forward.
We are probably going to get none of them.

And regardless of what the papers say, we are going to have to find more money to land Pearce.
If it's true, a 2 year deal at the Knights on $1.2 vs a 2 year deal with us at $900k...............theres no f***ing way he comes here no matter how much "potential" he sees at Manly

You're sure that Pearce isn't going to sign? Also Metcalf, Kelly, J Wright, Parker, and even Hastings and Lane, as well as the 7 players from our premiership winning Toyota Cup side, are ALL based on potential. And therefore, very astute additions. M Wright is a more than handy back up should any of the starting 1 through 5 get injured. Then we have DCE, Tom, Jake, Walker, Tapau..all stars, who are complemented by Uate, Tafua, Sironen, AFB, Lussick, API, Perrett, who are above average first graders, or at the very least first graders with a huge ceiling of potential. Add to that Paseka, Tanginoa, Sipley, Lane, Gosiewski, Winterstein, Cullen and Croket. If 2 or more of these boys fire....WOW. And lastly, maybe Pearce. My opinion is, you are very wrong, and if Sportsbet had a market where I might be able to wager a bet on how very wrong I think you are... I wouldn't be shy when it came to throwing the dollars down.

Be funny if we didn’t hear about wether he’s coming or not until #nextweek

Just think, I’ve been away for almost 3 #nextweeks and we still haven’t made a player acquisition.

I tell ya it could even be #nextmonth

Fair points Bear, but if I had to chose a halves pairing to play for a premiership next year, I would undoubtedly chose Thurston & Morgan over DCE & Pearce.
Thurston has unparalleled vision and can still kick goals from just about anywhere on the field.
Kick goals? Who needs that?

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10