Almost felt like a loss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Bit deflating!

I know we lost Stewart and Taufua which really stuffed our structure and im not bagging anyone.

But gee it was frustrating losing the second half 24-6.

At the end i had the same feeling i do after a loss.

Anyway...got the 2 points, on towards next week!

Disco said:
Bit deflating!

I know we lost Stewart and Taufua which really stuffed our structure and im not bagging anyone.

Watch out, these people will eat you alive for honesty

There isn't much to be said, awesome first half, completely farcical 2nd half. The momentum changed with that bogus play the ball penalty a gainst t rex.

The worst part had we have kept the 40 point margin we would have leap frogged the broncos too.

Anyways, a win with no major injuries is the most desirable result every week.

I want to see foz start ball playing again, he has been so quiet on that front this year.

joeboy said:

So Brett and Taufua are ok?

Either way, i agree its not the end of the world and a win is a win, but i would have loved to have seen us really kick on

joeboy said:
There isn't much to be said, awesome first half, completely farcical 2nd half. The momentum changed with that bogus play the ball penalty a gainst t rex.

The worst part had we have kept the 40 point margin we would have leap frogged the broncos too.

I want to see foz start ball playing again, he has been so quiet on that front this year.

I'm glad someone mentioned that penalty because that was a joke. The touchie was standing right next to it, TRex wasnt "crowding" the play the ball as they call it these days, it was poor ball control in the tackle by the eels player. Should have been our scrum feed, nothing else.

What about he timing of Zorbas article in which he desribes us being in the 3rd phase of a 4 stage season. In that we arnt supposed to begin ramping up until around this time and hit our straps towards the finals.

Didnt look like that in the coaches box.

Agree, I was expecting a 50 point drubbing after the first half so I did leave the ground disappointed. They got my hopes up then fell away. In saying this there are reasons for the 2nd half.

I was looking up Centrebet to see what the odds were at half time that Parra wouldn't turn up for the second half.
How wrong was I.

It was a loss for me

I got back form a trip down ulladullah to see the 2nd half only.

How terrible it was :( and i missed all the goood stuff.

Still i think it puts the lads into top 4 and hopefully the rorters will do us a favour and knock off the sharkies.

As a cold 2nd half only Manly were terrible. Toovs has some work with that lot.

It's not unusual for this to occur after a first half like Manly had - and that is without the injuries sustained. 2 points and a little extra in FnA is gold in the end. But yes ****e 2nd half

Disco said:
Bit deflating!

Ditto and I'm sure that there would be plenty more who feel the same. :(

Disco said:
Bit deflating!

I feel exactly the same way

Napper said:
Disco said:
Bit deflating!

I feel exactly the same way
Not me , I'm pissed!!!

I agree. I hope Tooves gave them a rectum rocket.

And am I the only one who thinks T-Rex was a bit quiet?
The guy just needs to run straight. Joe could teach him a thing or two.

EagleRock40 said:
joeboy said:

I'm glad someone mentioned that penalty because that was a joke. The touchie was standing right next to it, TRex wasnt "crowding" the play the ball as they call it these days, it was poor ball control in the tackle by the eels player. Should have been our scrum feed, nothing else.

Should have just made the player move back to the mark and play the ball, no need for the penalty.

I still think T Rex may be hampered by this back injury. He seems a bit tentative and restricted.

Add me to the list of deflated ppl. For and against means alot this season, esp with the new finals system. Felt we should have run away with it. The bunnies won with a big margin against the knights, and with them just behind us, it stressed the importance of the big win.

I agree, in our defence, our back-line was a mess in the second half. Freddy said that snake and jorge were ok, and it was wise by 2V not to risk further injury when we led by 40.

Everyone looked tired, esp T-Rex. We fell to the danger of a huge lead, which is switching off.

In the end we won, we got the points and some for and against. Hopefully the injured players (esp snake) back up next week. Tooves will make sure we recover, train and come back stronger against a out-of-form knights.

mickqld said:
I still think T Rex may be hampered by this back injury. He seems a bit tentative and restricted.

Im not just saying this cause he is headed to the bullscum, but i get the feeling tony, like most back injuries, will be carrying it for years to come.

Like mini and tate, it will eventually be under control. But it is a concern

Yeah, I was at the ground and everybody was very quiet at full time. Nobody was happy that Parra were tearing us apart with relative ease. I bet the boys weren't real happy either.

I listened online as usual. Really miss watching Manly live. It was disappointing not to run away with it after getting ahead 40. The eel trys definitely took the gloss off the win and this is because the first half was so awesome that most saw 60 unanswered points coming. Bit of a let down but...we won:D. Rather be a Manly fan than a parra one. Go Manly!

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8