And we all thought wrong.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From an article by Brent Read posted by GE in the signings thread a few minutes ago. Thanks GE.

“We all talk about November 1, but you can talk to players any time you want. You just can’t table a deal until November 1 and put a deal in front of them.

No worries.

Just in case, link:

RIVALS CIRCLE EELS STARS AS NOV 1 FREE FOR ALL APPROACHES

Eels forward Marata Niukore has kicked off the free for all on a number of Eels players as of November

The Australian’s Brent Read reported on Triple M that Niukore, who is one of a number of Eels players free to sign elsewhere from November 1, has spoken to a number of rivals.

“Marata Niukore the back-rower is one of those November 1 guys and he has already had a couple of chats with a couple of clubs.

“We all talk about November 1, but you can talk to players any time you want. You just can’t table a deal until November 1 and put a deal in front of them.

“So while we talk about that November 1 cut-off date being a free for all, there are clubs actually talking to players now and we have seen that with Niukore last week.”

Expecting a lot of player movement in the Parra camp, plenty of players now of contract. Who goes and who stays will have a big bearing on them for next season. Would imagine it's going to take in the whole of the off season to sort this rabble out. One thing about Parra they never fail to entertain...lol.

Expecting a lot of player movement in the Parra camp, plenty of players now of contract. Who goes and who stays will have a big bearing on them for next season. Would imagine it's going to take in the whole of the off season to sort this rabble out. One thing about Parra they never fail to entertain...lol.
I expect lots of movement, with many still in a contract.

There will be a lot of sides trying to shore up rosters before the introduction of the 17th side in 2023.

I’m a bit of a nerd for this kind of thing, but I’d love to get my hands on a copy of the full salary cap rules to see how it works. The summaries that the NRL provides are too high level.

I’m a bit of a nerd for this kind of thing, but I’d love to get my hands on a copy of the full salary cap rules to see how it works. The summaries that the NRL provides are too high level.

Is about all you will find

Is about all you will find
Guidelines hey and not laws or rules.
Obviously written by the roosters...

I think I'm correct in assuming that Manly will have three players eligible for the $200,000 salary cap dispensation for long serving local players; DCE, Foz and Jurbo. Jurbo debuted in 2013....
That extra $600,000 will help a little.
I imagine Turbo will be inundated with third-party sponsorship opportunities from now on which should make him the best-paid player in the NRL.

I think I'm correct in assuming that Manly will have three players eligible for the $200,000 salary cap dispensation for long serving local players; DCE, Foz and Jurbo. Jurbo debuted in 2013....
That extra $600,000 will help a little.
I imagine Turbo will be inundated with third-party sponsorship opportunities from now on which should make him the best-paid player in the NRL.
My understanding of the long serving player cap dispensation is that it's a single amount of $200k per club, not per player?

$0.2 million – Veteran and Developed Player Allowance for eligible players who were either developed by the Club prior to becoming NRL players and / or have been a Top 30 player for at least 8 years at the Club or have been a Top 30 player for at least 10 years across the game

Its a bit ambiguous

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8