Andrew Johns is the latest recruit to follow former Manly coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele said:
Good riddance to Johns. A divisive and callow influence if I ever heard of one.

His work certainly was no good with Foran and DCE last off season, saw no improvement at all in them ...

It's going to take alot more than a few training sessions with Joey to bring the Dogs a title with those halves.
Theyl need Devine intervention and even with that their no certainty. Good luck Joey!

Geez, they're desparate for a story. He worked with most teams so unless Johns has signed an exclusive contract to only work with the dogs it's a non issue.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Matabele said:

His work certainly was no good with Foran and DCE last off season, saw no improvement at all in them ...

My concern is not the on-side influence, many people could have done that anyway. It's on the other side of the white line that concerns me.

Matabele said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Matabele said:

My concern is not the on-side influence, many people could have done that anyway. It's on the other side of the white line that concerns me.

Whatever you may currently think of him he was one of the best halfbacks ever to lace on a boot and seems to have cleaned up his life now
Working for 5 or more clubs on a casual basis with their halves is improving our game

I think Joey should get a bit of the credit for the way our halves performed in 2011. Tooves I am sure will be working closely with DCE & Foran during the off season so I can't see it as any cause for alarm if Johns does no further part time work with our halves.

Is Matty Orford looking for a skills coaching gig?!? :p

Mals said:
Is Matty Orford looking for a skills coaching gig?!? :p

Word on the street is that if Matt Orford comes onboard he will be teaching them 10 metre grubbers from in-goal restarts.

happened in the middle of the year tooks...here come the conspiracy theories re Des poaching middle of the year....

Matabele said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Matabele said:

As opposed to the white line itself? lol

Matabele said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Matabele said:

Because if it wasn't for Joey all our blokes would be going to Church instead of going out?

lsz said:
happened in the middle of the year tooks...here come the conspiracy theories re Des poaching middle of the year....

That explains it. Portlock has encouraged Des and the rest of the coaching staff to join the dogs

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4