Andrew Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What happens in the stables, stays in the stables.

(as long as you get rid of the lipstick)

As long as his influence remains strictly footy and not on other interests. That's the problem with these influences. It's hard to separate both.

Who cares , it's how he trains the halves that matter, and so far this year they are going great guns.

What he does with his personal life should not matter.

I agree with Gronk, Joey is the fall guy. Singo and gai have too much $$ tied up in this to fall out. Johns is the scapegoat. Singo is an embarrassment. The waterhouses are untrustworthy. Better for Joey to stick to manly and commentary, and keep out of his false friend's way.

I still don't really get what Johns did so wrong. What obligation is he under not to pass on info that a bookie gave him. All he is guilty of is dropping a friend in it, however that friend shouldn't have blabbed. The only one who really overstepped the mark is the trainer. This all seems like Johns is caught in the middle and taking the fall for others stuffing up.

psau14 said:
Personally

I do not care if Johns is a gambling, alcoholic, drug using, horde race fixing piece of garbage.

What I do care about; DCE and FOZ learn things from him and improve. This year they have - especially DCE.

Anyway, Johns may well be a scrub; "but" provided he "helps" and not "hinders" DCE n FOZ - he can stay and coach them.

Mind you I wish Cliffy would come back though - imho Cliffy was just as good (if not better in some aspects) as the immortal drug taker Joey.

I agree with your sentiments entirely especially those relating to Cliffy.

Bearfax said:
psau14 said:
Personally

I do not care if Johns is a gambling, alcoholic, drug using, horde race fixing piece of garbage.

What I do care about; DCE and FOZ learn things from him and improve. This year they have - especially DCE.

Anyway, Johns may well be a scrub; "but" provided he "helps" and not "hinders" DCE n FOZ - he can stay and coach them.

Mind you I wish Cliffy would come back though - imho Cliffy was just as good (if not better in some aspects) as the immortal drug taker Joey.

I agree with your sentiments entirely especially those relating to Cliffy.

Cliffy was shear genius but can you pass that on? Johns is more a tactical attacking player but cliffy was more pure logic defying spur of the moment skills. Bozo had trained the team to always have multiple options around so his freakishness could flourish - but can you teach it?

Jesus Christ guys. We are up the top of the table, and we look dominant with a side decimated by injury. **** me, I'm negative, but I couldn't be more pumped this season.

I just love our squad 1 through 25.

Jesus, even Toovey is growing on me.

Ryan said:
Jesus Christ guys. We are up the top of the table, and we look dominant with a side decimated by injury. f**k me, I'm negative, but I couldn't be more pumped this season.

I just love our squad 1 through 25.

Jesus, even Toovey is growing on me.

I knew Tooves would win u over eventually

2 pages in today's Tele about his influences and struggles. Easy to see why the Knights didn't bring him in. Party boy and trying to get the young guys out on the grog. Mix this with a brothel owner and there will be trouble for sure.

My school really considers mentors and leaders who mix with the boys. They are impressionable young men and I really hope his work is at Narrabeen and match day only. Surely a club official isn't seen drinking with the young players and trying to take them out? Can't believe Tooves would allow this if it's true!!

The article said his brother has got away from him again and sums up his problems and issues. A real problem that isn't going away for our club with this guy being around players in a social setting. As I said, the Knights never used him and wonder what we will do with this article. Let's hope we stick to the policy we keep harping on about. Joey seems a short term gain for a long term problem (Dugan)

After the smh article yesterday about news actively knocking the game, I think this Joey story is a bit of a beat up. News is pitching against channel 9, Gould, manly, the commission etc. all very murky.

Totally agree Shoe1 but if it's all incorrect (Joey should sue their pants off for character defamation) or it's a real issue that Manly are in.

Darren, one of those articles mentioned Brett Stewart out drinking with Joey. This really does concern me and I very much hope it's not true.

Its well known that Joey loves a drink. And of course he is going to be joined from time to time with guys from the footy team.

It is important to note at this point that he is a consultant rather than an assistant coach.

As long as the players aren't being led down the wrong path its not a concern. And when you consider that, I think you will find most of the footy players will be out consuming copious amounts of booze anyhow.
Just go to Shark Bar on a Saturday night if they played Friday to see it in action.

hordernnewt said:
Darren, one of those articles mentioned Brett Stewart out drinking with Joey. This really does concern me and I very much hope it's not true.

Why does Snake having a drink concern you so much? He is a grown man capable of making his own decisions - if this "demonic" influence of Joey Johns is his undoing then he is weak minded and not deserving of the position he holds in the heart of many supporters. If this statement riles people then maybe we collectively need to take a deep breath and back away from the hysteria

Voice ... I love Snake. I also see him still as an incredibly vulnerable young man who has been through way too much already. For me it's a little like seeing your kid hanging out with the wrong crowd.

voicefromthehill said:
hordernnewt said:

Why does Snake having a drink concern you so much? He is a grown man capable of making his own decisions - if this "demonic" influence of Joey Johns is his undoing then he is weak minded and not deserving of the position he holds in the heart of many supporters. If this statement riles people then maybe we collectively need to take a deep breath and back away from the hysteria
....and pour ourselves a stiff drink.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6