Andrew Johns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Maybe that is just his usual prep? Anyone spotted him yet getting ready for tonight's big game?

I doubt he'll be there tonight. He needs help. Regardless of what has gone on in the More Joyous affair, he is still a employee of the footy club, hopefully someone is looking out for him.

Crusher_Cleal said:
As a staff member, why was he drinking so much on game day?

In evidence he said he had 4-6 beers ( 6 to 9 std drinks) and could not remember exactly what was said???? hmmm

So Tom has no case to answer even though Gai was charged and horse ran near to last and Joey + others new it was off from Tom (via Gai or Robbie) just a big stitch up racing Australia or whoever is running this show trial think that we are all mug punters who cant put 2+2 together. they have calculated what will cause the most damage ( corrupt bookmaking/Gai - tom Waterhouse bedfellows Vs Gai didnt disclose everything but Tom is upstanding buisnessman) and gone with their "best" option. If you bet with Tom Waterhouse you get what you deserve.
Joey said 12 times in giving his evidence that he could not remember something. Alan Bond syndrome...

Johns wouldn't want to put Waterhouse in. Not least because of the sway the bookie has with Channel 9.

Anyhow I hope he concentrates on football this week, we may need his input to get right for the Melbourne trip.

There is a long-standing deeply entrenched drinking culture in Rugby League. Players' right to have a drink is simply not a moral issue. They have every right to drink just like every other member of society.

And if you were going for gold at the Olympics, would you drop the drink to win gold? Until players act as if they were going for gold at the Olympics, they will never reach their potential.

When Sir Alex Fergusen took over Man U in the 1980s there was a deeply entrenched drinking culture in English soccer and at Man U. That changed under his reign. The trademark of Ferguson's tenure at Man U is ruthless determination and ruthless discipline. He simply did not tolerate players who didn't give EVERYTHING to win. The turnaround, and the record, speaks for itself.

The question is how much do we want it?

Rex said:
There is a long-standing deeply entrenched drinking culture in Rugby League. Players' right to have a drink is simply not a moral issue. They have every right to drink just like every other member of society.

And if you were going for gold at the Olympics, would you drop the drink to win gold? Until players act as if they were going for gold at the Olympics, they will never reach their potential.

When Sir Alex Fergusen took over Man U in the 1980s there was a deeply entrenched drinking culture in English soccer and at Man U. That changed under his reign. The trademark of Ferguson's tenure at Man U is ruthless determination and ruthless discipline. He simply did not tolerate players who didn't give EVERYTHING to win. The turnaround, and the record, speaks for itself.

The question is how much do we want it?

Very good points Rex. If I was a football coach I would deeply admire players who gave up the drink to focus on performing better.

I think Will Hopoate was a player who didn't drink due to his personal/religious beliefs. Maybe that is why he was such a phenomenal player at such a young age. He didn't even need time to adjust to first grade.

If alcohol was invented today there is no way that it would be legal. We as a society don't question it because it is so accepted, even after a hangover or hurting ourselves (or worse) while high on the stuff we never question it's role in society.

ABC 4 Corners will reveal the truth on the More Joyous matter in the coming weeks.

manlyfan76 said:
If alcohol was invented today there is no way that it would be legal. We as a society don't question it because it is so accepted, even after a hangover or hurting ourselves (or worse) while high on the stuff we never question it's role in society.

That'd be a pity 'cause I'm drunkish now!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6