Annesley's weakly "Why this happened" report - 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And there it is, confirming his own unconscious bias. So a team the ref thinks will try to slow the other team down get scrutinised more closely and end up penalised (or 6-agained) more often, while the team not under suspicion somehow holds down for longer but doesn't get pinged.
One of the most annoying things in the game.
Did he ever stop to consider why some teams are weaker than others? It's kind of the whole point being made. Idiot!

So the well fancied Eels get 6 penalties and 6 x 6 agains.

And the much less fancied Tigers get 4 penalties and ZERO 6 agains.

And we think the game isn’t “ massaged “ in some way !!
LOL and they still couldn't beat the worst team in the competition with all their old boys there to celebrate 75 yrs of misery minus 4. Which somehow we celebrated 75 yrs last year. Work that one out.

And there it is, confirming his own unconscious bias. So a team the ref thinks will try to slow the other team down get scrutinised more closely and end up penalised (or 6-agained) more often, while the team not under suspicion somehow holds down for longer but doesn't get pinged.
One of the most annoying things in the game.
This is the number one thing that pisses me off with the game today.

Jakie T is the perfect example.

So refs rate teams on a scale of weakness to strength yet there is no bias?

lol-troll.gif

Annesley said that teams at the bottom end of the ladder often concede more penalties because they have less possession so are therefore doing more defending.

“You are much more likely to commit offences when you are defending than when you are attacking - you will be offside more and you are much more likely to be committing offences in the rucks.

Annesley said that teams at the bottom end of the ladder often concede more penalties because they have less possession so are therefore doing more defending.
Lol, they certainly end up with less possession - but it's not always because they drop the ball, haha! The refs give more possession to the glamour sides through '50/50' calls on penalties and 6 agains, that is the whole point of this issue being raised!

Naturally I mainly recall our games but many times we concede some mysterious 6 again BEFORE we've ever dropped the ball and bingo, the other side has more possession, we're under the pump, and on it goes!!!

Lol, they certainly end up with less possession - but it's not always because they drop the ball, haha! The refs give more possession to the glamour sides through '50/50' calls on penalties and 6 agains, that is the whole point of this issue being raised!

Naturally I mainly recall our games but many times we concede some mysterious 6 again BEFORE we've ever dropped the ball and bingo, the other side has more possession, we're under the pump, and on it goes!!!

The other frustrating thing about that issue is the journos listening are asked if there are questions, and instead of mentioning what you just have (and/or what I said before) the only question was:

"so are you saying that coaches should be fined if they say this?"

I rolled my eyes so hard my retinas almost detached.

Annesley is placing all the blame on coaches for this so-called 'misconception' that the glamour clubs are favoured by refs. Why doesn't the NRL poll we fans and ask if we believe there is bias in the refereeing ranks. I'd like to bet that 95% of fans would scream YES.

so 2% storm fans, 2% roosters fans, 1% eels fans.

Now, that may seem low for eels fans but keep in mind 99% can't work out the internet.

More later but Annesley saying tupou was a mistake but

the bunker haaaaaas to make haaaaard decisions quiiiiickly wahhhhhhhhh

but that's nooot an excuuuuuse "leave britney alone"

Gawd I don't need annesley's aggravation at 10pm at night.

we do a great job and don't mean to make mistakes but we keep making them.

and like somehow a clothesline was not even a sin bin but like totes w/e hey?

the totally independent mrc called annesley to say the hip drop tackle by jwh was totally an accident so nothing to see here.

The b/s that annesley keeps tripping himself up is when he says things like:

I'm ok with Haumole being binned 4 minutes after the tackle because the bunker has certain indicators, they checked it and thought he needed a 10 min sin binning.

then he says: well the bunker got the rorters tackle wrong but they didn't mean to do it and have to make these decisions so fast it's hard for their little brains.

so why couldn't the bunker come back after 4 mins to sit the rorters player down?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

So, what would have happened if Guacca had scored, or been a part of a scoring movement, during the four minutes he was being assessed by The Bunker? Would the Bunker rule out the try because it involved a player who should not have been on the field?
This is bound to happened some day if the Bunker is allowed to take its time to make a decision.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8