Another Dogs' staffer goes. Imagine if Manly.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If u win 2 premierships u deserve a pay rise!
I think any reasonable person would assume this fact! Whatever system he used it worked...
Mr Hasler requested a pay rise and was entitled to one! I have never said he was greedy..When Mr Hasler requested a payrise from the board last year he had only won one premiership and the chances of winning the title in 2011 were about 26 to one! A second premiership in 4 years (with a limited budget) convinced me he's a top coach! But a rat...

runningrugby said:
If u win 2 premierships u deserve a pay rise!
I think any reasonable person would assume this fact! Whatever system he used it worked...
Mr Hasler requested a pay rise and was entitled to one! I have never said he was greedy..When Mr Hasler requested a payrise from the board last year he had only won one premiership and the chances of winning the title in 2011 were about 26 to one! A second premiership in 4 years (with a limited budget) convinced me he's a top coach! But a rat...

You dont always get what you deserve.

Manly LOST $1.5M last year.

Des was still contracted for 2012 because before June 30 last year HE exercised the 2012 season option on his contract.

He has gone

He will always be the mastermind behind our 40-0 thrashing of the storm and the 2011 re-emergence of one of the most feared superpowers in rugby league's history (Brisbane and Melbourne are the 2 other superpowers)

He re-installed the old manly culture of success and fearsome defence

He also tried to take over the entire club,become a polly and tell the board what they can and can't do,he used a system of player KPI whilst not liking KPIs on himself (I tend to believe if you win a premiership 40-0 you dont have KPIs,but our board was what it was)

At some point he signed with the Bulldogs to try to turn their club around on the field,purely for financial gain which is understandable,not commendable but understandable (If you go for money,honesty is all i expect from you and i will wish you well) ,as a player he lost his position on the field to a rookie the year after he won a premiership,personally i disagree with what the club did back (He got a little dudded) then but it allowed my childhood hero to take his role and he became the toughest son of a bitch ever to pull on any jersey,let alone one of ours (And a one club legend to boot(Yes **** you David Middleton,he played for ONE club))

Then he started to just piss me off,taking each and every staff member he could get his grubby little hands on and allegedly (He isnt taking legal action,read into it what you will) trying to take a player/s across to the dogs with him,hopefully to no avail

Im sick to death of Desmond Hasler,his new club and 99% of their wanker fans

Yes,every club has wanker fans and while they are a small percentage in most cases (Bar Tigers/Eels/Rabbletohs) they are still annoying as **** telling the world how their "Champion" team is going to win from now until the rapture,what they dont know is they have poor cattle which will need to be weeded out and for the most part released at the end of their contracts,year 4 of Des at the dogs is when they will be truely a powerhouse with true contender status for the premiership

They have no fullback,Their wingers are basic model with rubbish centres,they have a horrible 5/8 with a tackling machine in the number 7 (To bad he is born for the 6 or 9 jersey)

Their front row rotation is easily one of the best in the nrl and their back row is what id suggest to be skinny with little depth

So im suggesting they try to build from the front row,because it is the only part of the team worth keeping,Ennis goes alright to i guess and i like his kind of grubbyness as opposed to the Issac Luke style of being a grub

Their 7 needs a positional change,he would be a brilliant 6 or 9 but is a sub par 7...he lacks flair which is unfortunately untrainable,you have it or you don't,his future is not at halfback but i will say god he can tackle,Now before you Hodko fans get to rough on me remember take this point,Choc Watmough,Glenn Stewart and Tony Williams would all be **** halfbacks,Snake may have been good there but that bloke is a freak,the 3 mentioned players are absolute superstars in the back row,but god they would make **** halfbacks

MadMarcus said:
eagleE said:
I think by all reports Des went for a pay that was less in the end. It was not about the money for him. I think he will do reasonably well. I hope there are no grand finals in that. I do hope he fails though.

LMFAO!

Des took a pay cut to head to the Dogs. The Eagles offered more money in the end. The Dogs to not need to hide any payments made to the coach as it is not part of the cap. I understand the Eagles were paying an extra $50 000 per year, but he no longer wanted to be here. Maybe he did sign with the Dogs mid season when they were offering him more, but they are towing the line of he signed just before the Grand Final.

We have 2 premierships
He is gone for more money as far as I'm concerned $850k apparently, we would be paying Toovey far less so it's all good for me
Bring on 2012

mickyj said:
Dogs sacked Moore who had the 4th highest winning % of current coaches who had coached mroe then 50 games at the time.
If Des does not get the Dogs at least into finals this year and GF the following year and then win in 3rd year he will be looking for a new job.
Maybe he can be Tooveys assistant :D

eagleE said:
MadMarcus said:
eagleE said:
I think by all reports Des went for a pay that was less in the end. It was not about the money for him. I think he will do reasonably well. I hope there are no grand finals in that. I do hope he fails though.

LMFAO!

Des took a pay cut to head to the Dogs. The Eagles offered more money in the end. The Dogs to not need to hide any payments made to the coach as it is not part of the cap. I understand the Eagles were paying an extra $50 000 per year, but he no longer wanted to be here. Maybe he did sign with the Dogs mid season when they were offering him more, but they are towing the line of he signed just before the Grand Final.

You're missing the point. When he signed the contract with the dogs he had definitely signed for much, much more than what he was on with us. Whe he was offered the contract by us he was not in a position to sign as he had already signed with the dogs (as far back as April or August apparently).

The point is how is he supposed to have signed for less to go to the dogs if he had already signed for more to go to the dogs? He had already signed for more coin and it irks me when people say any different.

Before I believe anything about what the bulldogs say when Des signed a contract I will believe Perry's account of what happened throughout the year with the negotiations. It became apparent to him and the board that Des was not negotiating in good faith. They kept meeting his demands and each time Des moved the goalposts. He had already signed so therefore could NOT negotiate. I believe he was merely trying to conceal the fact that he had already signed with the turds.

Until Des comes out and offers his side of the story i think it is too easy to pass judgement

Who knows the real story?

Well said GG. Agree 100% with your version if events. Also gets my blood boiling when people say he went for less money.

At the time he signed (which was months before the GF) the Dogs offer was almost double what he was on at Manly at the time.
He signed then and there.

In the end we did offer atleast what he signed with Dogs for. But horse had already bolted as Des had signed months earlier.

Des deceived the club for months and that's what's left a bad stench about the whole episode.

eagle-rock08 said:
I think De$ will make little or no difference to the dogs.

I think in a few years he may regret that decision to go to the dogs.

Its a pity - De$ could have been rememebred as the greatest coach of Manly of the modern era. Now he'll simply be remembered as the coach that tried to break the club apart.

And if he is unsuccessful at the Dogs he'll probably probably be hated at Belmore as well. He'd probably win any of the most hated man contests which I think he doesn't deserve. But we live and die by our choices I suppose.

When you seriously think of all that has happened in the last few months surrounding Des's appointment at the Dogs and departure from Manly it is quite a negative chain of events. A chain of events that did not turn out the way Des wanted it to, tippified by him being sacked by the club he is (or was) so passionate about..

Sure he got the power of being a great coach in demand, the headlines (media) and limelight, a lot of which turned sour pretty quickly.

Whilst acknowledged by Manly fans as a successful coach - now the majority are not a fan of Des. If he does not produce outstanding and fast results at the Dogs he will be disliked over there.

So basically he was king of the castle and sorta loved by the pensinsula and Manly fans further afield and now - duck egg.

Of course he would regret going there - there is not much positivity in the move, the way I see it. But he will not lose face, cos he is too egotistical for that. Bad decision in my books.

I will even go as far as saying worst business decision I have seen in a long time. :p

I wanted to invest in shore front property in the next ten years, but all my money is tied up in ostrich.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8