Another idea, access on reputation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fro said:
globaleagle said:
Jesus.

What if you don't have blonde hair and blue eyes?

Or a cool hat :)

TinFoilHat.jpg

will this one do?

FMD people just need to grow up & grow some ...................

If you dont like someone or the way they post dont bloody read it.

its not that bloody hard..

Rambofan said:
Daniel said:
I need to decide on what forum software we will be going with for the next phase of Silvertails to make this possible.

However I am looking at setting up a new forum, this forum will have a reputation level in order to get posting permissions.

Now there are two ways I am looking at doing this.

1 - I give out reputation points, based on your posts, so if I think the post was good/bad/whatever then you get reputation points and are added to the forum

2 - Not sure this is possible but was thinking about a way where the members of the forum give reputation depending on posts, when you reach a certain threshhold you are granted access to the forum, if you lose reputation points and drop from that threshold, you then lose permissions.

This way in order to stay in that forum you need to have a consistently good level of posts, as deemed by your peers.

The issue is that I would need to start with a default set of people who have those permissions and the people I choose may not be to your liking.

Dan

I am a shoe in then?

First one picked! Haha

I might start a forum for just me...

i think you have a members area where you must either :

have a certain amount of posts to be eligible ?

or to be chosen by yourself or a mod if their post count is low they can be chosen by other contributions they have made or if they are known to you or a mod as a genuine manly fan ?

high post counts should weed out trolls and so should choosing, i know it sounds elitist but it works on other sites i visit in regards to sensitive info

MANLY4LIFE said:
i think you have a members area where you must either :

have a certain amount of posts to be eligible ?

or to be chosen by yourself or a mod if their post count is low they can be chosen by other contributions they have made or if they are known to you or a mod as a genuine manly fan ?

high post counts should weed out trolls and so should choosing, i know it sounds elitist but it works on other sites i visit in regards to sensitive info

I suggested this a month or 2 ago wasn't well received

just throwing it out there :huh::idea::D

certain "manly" topics can be only in there and if one is started in the general topics area it can be moved their or deleted altogether

eg on a particualr site im on people own specific cars they dont want joe public to know too much about ie location or rarity etc and if they are chasing certain info you post in that area and you can somewhat feel safe your dealing with true enthusiasts who want to help you out and not help themselves to the car

Fro said:
globaleagle said:
Jesus.

What if you don't have blonde hair and blue eyes?

Or a cool hat :)

Well, quite!
Every Manly hat is a cool hat as well.

Topic: New users must wait 24 hrs before posting = gets rid of drunken trolls.

As for people from other clubs possibly posting stuff we possibly don't like possibly...... No one likes us and WE DON'T CARE!

Remember?

My view is this. Dan has supplied a forum where we can chat openly and free from pressure to express our opinions as we see fit within some fairly cool guidelines as long as we dont breach a few of societies taboo subjects or openly abuse and that is tolerated withing reasonable limits.Hell some people are just begging to be told. We all applaud and enjoy this and this is what we stand to lose with all this carrying on.

I respect you listening to your base Dan and this is no disrespect but having a dozen or so lobby you continually to achieve their own demands or standards is perfect illustration of why the ranking system would fail horribly. Give power to the people and it will be abused . Essentially we have a lobby group forming to inprint their feelings upon the whole forum society and I am against the lunatics running the asylum

The fact they find it more important to be heard and to dominate than to turn away and move on is the key here. In time we will get other supporters do the same, different clubs, different groups. Its just part of life

This is your forum, your rules, which should be governed by common sense and your gut feeling. You have a great product, be confident in it what makes it great. Free speech and expression

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6