Another Slater howler

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've said it before and I'll say it again (although with Snake barely being on the field the last 2 years I don't get to say it as often as I like) but:

Slater makes the simple look spectacular
Stewart makes the spectacular look simple

Jerry1 said:
And the standard of posts slips to record lows.

and that's the reason why the last few posts have been deleted.

Obviously consideration wasn't taken into account that kids also come onto the forum too before the two posters submitted their deleted posts.

Please keep your mouths out of the gutter guys.

effnic said:
He is a grub but i cant deny his talent and he has loads of it.

Please don't take this personally, but the back half of your statement is a gross overstatement. He has two abilities, his speed and his propensity to support a play. His defence is rubbish, he goes very quiet if you hit him hard a few times and he has many, many errors in him.

To call him the best player in the game is an offence to the intelligence of all but the media and the purple filthy grubs fans. I would sooner have Hoppa at fullback than him.

The Eagle said:
I thought you would be happy,we were discussing grammar :p

It was a good thing for you they were deleted people would of thought you were even more stupid than they do now.

look guys i hate him too but players who play at 100 miles an hour make errors.he is not the best player in the game but he is easily the best fullback.who is even close(i do not include brett as he simply hasnt played for basically 3 seasons).

my reference to williams is simpy comparing a bloke like slater who goes 100% all the time compared to a bloke who is in 3rd gear all the time.give me a 100% tryer like him any day who makes the odd error..choc is another slater,makes errors but never gives in and that why we love him.it is not slaters fault the media drools.he simply plays and they comment.

yep,you got me cambo.i m a sucker for a well placed bait.

Re. the 'is he the greatest fullback' qn, no I don't reckon. Very good overall, probably in the great class in attack, but prone to some critical errors (eg. lost us a world cup final, almost coughed up a gf against the eels... )

(a miserable grub from the purple ones, too, but most are agreed on that here)

'great' class fullbacks? (sorry, too young to pronounce on the little master) Changa, Wombat
near misses: mini, belcher, mick potter (as the absolutely always there with the right play player)

let's hope stewie can have a couple more seasons and get close to his best as he has the stuff to climb up this list.slater edges him in attack but stewie's overall quality is superior (I don't see him making those howlers in big games).

And,in the words of that famous jeer
"There's only one billy slater
there's only one billy slater....."
Better not finish,I'll be on max demerits..lol

I suspect that if Slater was playing for us the comments on here would be very different. I don't like the grub either but he has consistently been the best fullback in the game for a long while.

He has 2 great assets. His speed is obvious but when you couple that with his anticipation he is electrifying. He can be found out in defence but the positives far outweigh the negatives with this little turd.

Some Do Mark.

But then some people would be hard pressed admitting the sky was blue instead of Maroon :)

He is the only player in the NRL that I cheer and say out loud "suck s**t a**hole!" when he makes a mistake! :)
Chris Sandow is getting close to being my second! :)

its typical of him to do something freakish one minute then disastrous the next.

nothinn beat when he handed Benji and the kiwis the win in the dying seconds!

suked in Willy

Masked Eagle said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again (although with Snake barely being on the field the last 2 years I don't get to say it as often as I like) but:

Slater makes the simple look spectacular
Stewart makes the spectacular look simple

I think this statement was evident tonight but not from any of the tries he scored. Watch the little short ball he gives for the no try when Buhrers pass was incorrectly called forward. That just had so much skill in it, its not funny but because he made it look so simple it didn't even get noticed in the telecast.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8