Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Brocky

Reserve Grader
It’s rinse & repeat x 3

I still respect Des for what he did up to 2011.

And he’ll go down as being a very important part of our history.

But I think it’s time for a freshen up and some modern thinking.

We may well go backwards a little with another coach ( for a while ), but we won’t go forward with Des only just marking time !!
Hard to remember last time someone made a linebreak thru one of Jake's missed tackles too
Got to score points as well mate

winnyason

Bencher
he makes me sick
,,,,,she on the other and ....
rs_500x374-150107134605-Biden.gif

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You all know I have been and will continue to be in Team Des.

I would like him to continue for another year at least and have a crack with a fully fit side

However.

if that doesn't happen then Seibold is probably best of the rest in my opinion. We all know what happened at the donkeys but that might just have helped him be a better coach.

He's at least got runs on the board with souths and has probably had to answer some big self truths after the donkeys sacked him.

As I'm the eternal optimist I will fall in behind Seibold should he get the gig and support the guy. Although if he crashes then I will be the first to scream ' I TOLD YOU SO' from the rooftops at all those that wanted change for change sake. Don't forget I am captain Hindsight as labeled my some on here....

Ryan

Journey Man

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member

Ryan

Journey Man
Agree 100%. What’s the point? If it’s set in stone that Des is gone in 24’ then pull the trigger now so the club can make long term decisions. This rubbish has to end.
Spot on mate. Think to the future. That's called planning. That's good in any business sense. Hanging on for the sake of hanging on , particularly for monetary reasons is suicide.

We are 100% doing the right thing.

Bet Siebold brings in some pretty amazing names as assistants, too.

hozza

Bencher
Spot on mate. Think to the future. That's called planning. That's good in any business sense. Hanging on for the sake of hanging on , particularly for monetary reasons is suicide.

We are 100% doing the right thing.

Bet Siebold brings in some pretty amazing names as assistants, too.
Exactly.

Personally I’ll support whoever is coach because I go for this great club, not the Coach or player for that matter. If it’s Siebold then so be it, not my first pick but I do enjoy his insight when he’s on SEN radio. Personally I’d give him 2yrs to show signs of a good coach.. and definitely think he’ll bring in quality assistants.

If Des stays the pressure should/will be straight on as he’s had 4yrs. But this infighting being played out in the media just has to end.

JenEagle

Bencher
Exactly.

Personally I’ll support whoever is coach because I go for this great club, not the Coach or player for that matter. If it’s Siebold then so be it, not my first pick but I do enjoy his insight when he’s on SEN radio. Personally I’d give him 2yrs to show signs of a good coach.. and definitely think he’ll bring in quality assistants.

If Des stays the pressure should/will be straight on as he’s had 4yrs. But this infighting being played out in the media just has to end.
I agree. I’m a massive Des fan and believe he should have been allowed to transition into a head of football and we should have kept Kieran Foran to move him into an assistant coaching type role alongside Dce once Des moved upwards however if it’s siebold next year then of course we will all support him.

This will put huge pressure on to the owners though. They’ve had multiple ceo changes and now 4 coaches since 2015. Sacked Toovey when is results were amazing. Barrett was a disaster and resigned. Now they have fallen out with des over a 2/4 finals record with huge headwinds and injuries. If Siebold doesn’t work out they will have a lot to answer for.

Surely they won’t get many more chances in terms of choosing a ceo and a coach. I get they are the owners so they are not accountable to anyone however they are indirectly accountable to members, ex players, fans and the rugby league community plus sponsors.

There is also a huge amount of public scrutiny on their actions as owners. If this drama doesn’t stop and they don’t get some stability and some success the pressure will be unbearable for them and distract them from their other business interests.

These constant issues and mistakes over many years now will cost them at some stage either from a financial point of view or reputation damage.

With the time they had as sole owners we should look something like the roosters by now if they did a good job. They can’t keep blaming the coach and the CEO’s for ever.

Last edited:

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
That's the thing I really don't understand about Des ... that he thinks he has the right to decide who the club employs as coach once he's gone.
When I was a teacher I had no expectation that I would decide who would follow me in any given class. (The Hasler position)
When we sold our business, we did have control over who bought it, (The Penn position) but no say in how they would run it once it was theirs.
He doesn't seem to understand that it's not actually his club.

Last edited:

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Lowe did well with his coaching opportunities and made Manly competitive until Bob Fulton took over again and took that team to the next level and delivered another premiership in 1996. I'm not saying an outsider can't make this team competitive all I'm saying is history suggests that outsider won't win us another premiership.

I get where you are coming from ... and I too am a fan of Manly people for Manly ... but that is not what history suggests ... in the past 60 years and more we have only had 3 non Manly ... and as I said, 2 were untried rookies, and the 3rd went well .. before you can make the judgement you are making we would need to employ at least 6 more non manly coaches to balance the available data ... and even then you would need volumes written to qualify each case ...

Just on Lowe as a simple discussion .. he only resigned due to health reasons and it is not known how he would have finished otherwise .. he was certainly on the up ..

Perhaps We are at a stage with the club that our only Manly Mantra has resulted in an inbreed DNA of window lickers ... and it is time to inject some new spirited blood from the barbarians at the gate ..

Seems Des case should be against John Bonasera , his good mate, rather than the club which would be sad. Hate to see him sink his mate.

Well no, because it's about the club trying to enforce KPIs on him when the club made decisions which compromised his ability to meet them. It doesn't matter who in the club made the call.

Bonasera should get sacked for that though.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
13 7 6 133 14
12 6 6 77 14