Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Des had a contract stipulation to trigger an extension if manly finished in a certain position. The conditions 9 times out of 10 would have been met had the unfortunate jersey fiasco not happened.

I don’t really think personal opinion on Hasler matters; Penn promised to extend a contract based on a condition. A factor out of hasler’s control prevented that condition from being met. The club should have shown some accountability for their impact and stuck to their promises.

Instead they didn’t like the blame they got and want hasler gone because he called them out and has visions of staying as manly coach for longer to get us out of this mess. There’s not many that would have the passion to stick with this trainwreck of a club for the next few years. Yes he’s getting the big dollars but we can’t deny he has passion for manly.

The only other people are desperate to save their image and get back into public view. Seibold specifically seems to just be a friend of Penn’s. Who in their right mind would fall at their knees for a wooden spooner.

Our key players have called for stability and supported Des but by the sounds of it the higher ups have told them to keep quiet.

Flanno and Hannay are two of the only active coaches I would consider because Flanno is savvy and Hannay seems like a respectable, honest coach. But it’s ****ed that its come to this

It’s totally unfair stuff from Penn, again. And like the tigers we will be stuck with a string of ****ty coaches that promise more than they can deliver (and are desperate to do it quick). Slowly but surely will recede into a souless club run by politics,two-faced management and nepotism. We are already halfway there.

Bellamy and Des didn’t walk in and win premierships straight away when they started. Sure Des nearly did it at the Bulldogs but I think he learned not to try rush into success after what happened. If we are patient we will win one soon. If we try rush things like we did in 2016 we will fail in identical fashion. It’s insane to think the club are keen to abruptly fall into the same mistake
Penn said the current team should be winning premierships, he is very delusional this penny boy.

Penn said the current team should be winning premierships, he is very delusional this penny boy.
With the greatest respect to croker who would be one of the hardest tryers I've ever seen. He isn't a premiership winning hooker. He would be a number 14 in a premiership winning side maybe. Penn has 0 EQ (emotional intellegence ) and 0 rugby league intellegence. Just sell now you gronk

With the greatest respect to croker who would be one of the hardest tryers I've ever seen. He isn't a premiership winning hooker. He would be a number 14 in a premiership winning side maybe. Penn has 0 EQ (emotional intellegence ) and 0 rugby league intellegence. Just sell now you gronk
A plodder who won player of year award yet our birdbrain owner thinks its a title winning roster

Hope you're right re Seibold. Also very interested to see what calibre of players he will attract to the club, if he's appointed as coach.
A bunch of Isaac Moses clients no doubt

The only thing history shows is we haven't appointed enough non Manly coaches to be able to have a sensible conversation on the topic ...

.. and of the only 3 non Manly coaches in living memory ... Barrett and Sharp were 1st time rookies

.. and Graham Lowe has a higher win % than Hasler ...
To be fair, Hasler started with manly when they were a basket case and proceeded to one of the best eras manly have had

It didn’t work with seingbold at souths or brisbane and pennis thinks it will work at manly.I think I’m going to have a longer offseason from rugby league.
Penn's a tight arse, Penn will be wanting to recoup some money back on an early Hassler pay out. So, if Siebold gets the gig you can be sure it'll be at a discount price for Penn.

A
To be fair, Hasler started with manly when they were a basket case and proceeded to one of the best eras manly have had
Agreed that Des lead us back from the despair of the NE days but I reckon the role that Killer played in our GF sides should not be under-rated...
We made finals in 05 and 06 with Des coaching but got towelled up by Parra in 05 and then lost 2 finals games in 06 to go out in straight sets...
Enter Killer and we flogged the bunnies and Cows in finals games in 07 before losing to a generational drizzle team in GF and of course 08 followed... whilst we went out in the 1st week in 09 and 10, we lost to the eventual GF winner both times in the old 1v8, 2v7 etc system...
Killer was a winner and a leader of men - a shame that he wanted nothing more than to get back out of the city once he was done playing because we could sure use a bloke of his calibre around the club...

Last edited:
I am at very least hopeful should seibold actually get the gig, that we have some decent assistants lined up. If we can get some decent ones then it may soften the blow

Gotta say I didn’t enjoy a lot of what I saw on the field from us this year and I certainly did not enjoy many of our coach’s post match interviews. Des should not have fronted the press over Jersey gate and I can’t help suspecting it was an attempt to patch things up with that part of the squad. The squad had not been playing like a united group well before that incident and symptoms of this is can be a lack of resolve and effort. I saw both. You can’t sack the owner so the only sensible alternate is to empty the bath water completely and fill it up again. I just hope Penn doesn’t just half fill it to save money.

So we will get 2 player agents fighting for control of Manly,the Moses Tartak wars.
Should be entertaining to see who ends up with more players.

So we will get 2 player agents fighting for control of Manly,the Moses Tartak wars.
Should be entertaining to see who ends up with more players.
Definite concern...
Maybe we need to extend the 'No d*ckheads' policy to player's managers?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8