Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ranga

Bencher
Tipping Member
I found this comment illuminating about Seibold:

“One thing Shane is good at is bringing the group together under a little bit of adversity. He’s in a really good position there. He loves coaching and I was keen to give him that opportunity. What I want to see for Flanno is for him to do a great job at Manly and then get another opportunity as a head coach.”

That last sentence shows a lot of maturity and humility, something that I’m not sure Seibold had a few years ago. The fact that he sees his success tied to the success of his support staff bodes well, I think.

One of my favourite things in life is a redemption story. The scene is set. Bring on 2023!

EOL now nesting on the GC

Official NRL commentator of the UK Royal Family
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So does the official announcement of Seibold as MWSE head coach also signify the commencement of the official Silvertails pile on the new MWSE head coach? How many of us are actually backing him in, and more importantly how many have already begun the traditional Silvertails death ride on Seibs & Co?
I'm 100% behind the new team given I support the club not the owners or any other faction.
I will say I think getting rid of des was a mistake at this very moment however its done and all I want is to see the team win.
If Seibold can do that then great. If he fails Ala the donkeys then there will be some dark days on these boards.
Remember over the last 4 years we had 2 great seasons. 2022 was tough but we finished 12th so a Mediocre season and 2020 which was tough again for a number of reasons.
If Turbo stays fit and players like Saab, Koula, shoe and Hamole go to the next level we could do anything (same goes if des was still in charge)....

40 nil

It's only a game ...
YouTube if interview

I'm very impressed with Seibold's overall plan and his intention to focus on effort areas of the game plus unlock players' potentials. He mentioned the importance of pathways players whose talents have been earmarked early, as well the importance of giving local juniors opportunities in the top grade. He has assembled an experienced coaching team and I am confident he can help make the Sea Eagles a winning club again :trophy:

Last edited:

Pete W

Bencher
I'm very impressed with Seibold's overall plan and his intention to focus on effort areas of the game plus unlock players' potentials. He mentioned the importance of pathways players whose talents have been earmarked early, as well the importance of giving local juniors opportunities in the top grade. He has assembled an experienced coaching team and I am confident he can help make the Sea Eagles a winning club again :trophy:
I think a little too early to be impressed. Surely you're not that easily sweet-talked? Effort areas, unlock potential, local juniors... these are just buzzwords. I'm hoping for the best but very wary

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
That’s exactly what Steve Renouf (the Pearl) said about him from his time at the Broncos.

Let‘s hope he’s really learned from that disaster.

He never had any support at the Broncos. It's been interesting to see how some of the younger players coming through back then (Carrigan, Flegler) rate him now though. Seibold also gave Bullemore his debut back in March 2020 as a middle, and knows his game really well. Bullemore seemed to play last year without any confidence in his role. I can see him having a breakout year under Seibold.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I’m quite excited I must say at the new coaching group , personally I think it’s one of the better ones in the league with effectively two first grade coaches , one of whom has won a premiership in recent years.

We all have been complaining about selections , game plans , performances and have been very easily blaming the players, so let’s see how they go with a new broom through the place.

Pepi

Bencher
That’s exactly what Steve Renouf (the Pearl) said about him from his time at the Broncos.

Let‘s hope he’s really learned from that disaster.
The pearl changed his tune over a few years

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
The media has gone from bagging Manly for sacking their coach to forming the best coaching team in the NRL.

Golden Greek

Tipping Member
The blood pressure is nearing normal again and I have almost recovered from the pain of the Penn vs Desi circus, But I now realise its time to move on, since there is nothing we can do about it !! Anyhow the new freight train has started rolling and its not stopping for anyone so I think its time to jump on board and support Manly and the new coaching team ( I dont support the owner though) and I think Dymock and Flanagan will offer great experience to Siebs since presentations and interviews doesnt win premierships - lets just hope it all works
Go Manly for 2023

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Results will be the only guide and most importantly, not to expect some stunning turnaound in form from day 1.....the true indicators will be mid season and if somewhere sniffing around the 8 at that time, could well come home with a wet sail.
My prediction is plenty of heat and mixed judgement early, into pure Silvertail joy by seasons end with a finals campaign and a strong, fighting team which is all we can hope for.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12