Anthony Seibold - Manly coach. "Official"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

tookey

First Grader
I think he is impressively unimpressive.

I read the ‘highlights’ in the SMH puff piece. I can’t listen to Marv’s voice
The SMH comment - "Seibold, who will join Manly at the end of the month after finishing his commitment as England rugby union assistant coach, said his big downfall at the Broncos was his relationship – or lack thereof – with key figures within the team." is a concern

Looks like he will go down the Barrett path of getting close the DCE and the turbo's That worked well for Trent

Or maybe the senior bronco players just thought he was a useless ****wit?

tookey

First Grader
I'm very impressed with Seibold's overall plan and his intention to focus on effort areas of the game plus unlock players' potentials. He mentioned the importance of pathways players whose talents have been earmarked early, as well the importance of giving local juniors opportunities in the top grade. He has assembled an experienced coaching team and I am confident he can help make the Sea Eagles a winning club again :trophy:
Penn said that Manly have a premiership winning team and now a premiership winning coaching staff

I have sold the house cashed in the super and put everything on Manly to win the comp this year because they are a sure thing

What could possibly go wrong?

40 nil

It's only a game ...
I think a little too early to be impressed.
I like that Seibold is proposing to do the things Des wasn't doing, especially developing players with potential, and also that he has a very experienced coaching team. I am feeling much more positive about the future of the club now. It appears Des had lost the ability to be innovative and when he did try something different, it didn't work.

eagleron

Bencher
Apparently we play the Dogs first game ,it was supposedly leaked but I see have a bye round one so we are off and running lol
Yes I wondered about that when I read that Ciraldos first gig as a first grade coach was against the Sea Eagles after the previous day reading that we have the first round bye, very confusing

eagleron

Bencher
I'm very impressed with Seibold's overall plan and his intention to focus on effort areas of the game plus unlock players' potentials. He mentioned the importance of pathways players whose talents have been earmarked early, as well the importance of giving local juniors opportunities in the top grade. He has assembled an experienced coaching team and I am confident he can help make the Sea Eagles a winning club again :trophy:
One thing's for sure, the new coaching set-up won't accept repeated failures, expect to see players dropped to Blacktown if they're not up to scratch, I want to see players hungry for a spot in firsts not simply given it due to their pay rate

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'm personally much more excited and optimistic with the Seibold/Flanagan/Dymock coaching team coming in than i would with another season of Des.
Sadly I think Des is past it.

Not in a man management sense , the players love him BUT we’ve spent two years whinging and bitching on here about about,

Selections
Game plans
Loyalty to underperforming players
Use of the 17th bench position
Not giving the youngsters a run

And there’s sure to be more and I feel this is like a new broom being swept through the place.

Now I’m the first to admit we are still short a few players and we all know what they are but let’s see, with a new coaching style , fresh ideas and a different approach, who knows , we might be top 8 material.

eagleron

Bencher
I'm on board in support of the new coaching team! Although I won't lie I am somewhat nervous about seibold as head coach - I am willing to give him some time to prove himself.
If we're all fair dinkum Manly supporters we have no choice other than to get behind our new coach and his assistants, while I appreciate the loyalty shown on here for Des Hasler if Siebold were to achieve no better success than the Hasler Mk2 era this forum will go off deluxe, let's all just give the new era a fair go. Imo this change had to come, our brand of football was becoming uninspiring. I never went into a game rating our chances, not even against the lowest of opposition, we had become easy beats, I'm 74 and I reckon I'd have moved faster and with more intent than half our blokes, I don't expect a title in our first couple of seasons but I do expect us to compete instead of laying down and showing no respect for the Manly jumper. I don't give a rats about Siebolds gravely voice, for mine it's a step up from unintelligible mumbling, I'm really excited about next year, bring on the changes and a new attitude from our team

Eagle 1

First Grader
Sadly I think Des is past it.

Not in a man management sense , the players love him BUT we’ve spent two years whinging and bitching on here about about,

Selections
Game plans
Loyalty to underperforming players
Use of the 17th bench position
Not giving the youngsters a run

And there’s sure to be more and I feel this is like a new broom being swept through the place.

Now I’m the first to admit we are still short a few players and we all know what they are but let’s see, with a new coaching style , fresh ideas and a different approach, who knows , we might be top 8 material.
And not to mention Des's excruciating pressers, they were just painful to listen to.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
12 6 6 2 12