Anti Manly officiating has to end

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yup, watched the game with a Dogs supporter and a Roosters supporter (who were cheering Manly might I add!) and they reckoned it was a joke too. Cecchin has to go.

When will the nrl do something about the constant screw around of away teams..... Refs blowing emotion based penalties for nothing...especially when the home team is behind. Almost like they're getting caught up in emotion and willing the home team back into it... Eg- titans v eels , manly v dragons etc

I don't think it's deliberate anti Manly refereeing. It's just inept refereeing and we happen to be on the receiving end of it more often lately. If it was deliberate anti Manly refereeing, why would we get that penalty for a strip when Rose simply dropped the ball? That was the single worst decision of the night and did put us ahead 10-8. However, once the replays showed Cecchin got it wrong, it was so obvious that a square up would come at the other end, and it did.

Phantar said:
Frank Ponissi made Matt Cecchin an offer he couldn't refuse.

Yeah its called phelatio. The 2nd worst ref stitch up of the year. Dragons game was the worst.

mickqld said:
Phantar said:

Yeah its called phelatio. The 2nd worst ref stitch up of the year. Dragons game was the worst.

I really don't want to be seen
as a sexpert in the spelling of said act...but i think it's
fellatio Mick. :p

Bucko112 said:
When will the nrl do something about the constant screw around of away teams..... Refs blowing emotion based penalties for nothing...especially when the home team is behind. Almost like they're getting caught up in emotion and willing the home team back into it... Eg- titans v eels , manly v dragons etc

This is in fact what I think is going on.

It happened against St Merge and again last night.

A few of the MWTS were down there and I have seen comments made today on Facebook this morning saying the crowd were quite intimidating.

I think it's why "away wins"...and perhaps even "away draws" are quite special....you are often playing the 13 on the field as well as the 2 extra's on and the 2 extra's off.

wombatgc said:
mickqld said:
Phantar said:

I really don't want to be seen
as a sexpert in the spelling of said act...but i think it's
fellatio Mick. :p

Which ever way its spelt he's a c**k sucker :p

I've said it before and will say it again. It appears to be "angry vision" when the referees watch Manly and officiate on our games.

It may be a deep-rooted hatred of Manly that is at worst 'conscious' but more likely operates at a subconscious level. The hatred goes so deep it is having an affect on the officials of this game.

I'd like a psychologist to come onto this forum and offer his or her opinion.

The alleged comments of a former referee's boss on radio a few weeks ago may point to it being a conscious bias or hatred of Manly for it seems he even said on occasions that the player he had most problems (I am paraphrasing) was a Manly number 7 of a few years back. For even though he is no longer the boss he has worked with and recruited and promoted these chaps on their performance.

As we know a good employee is rewarded for their efforts, basically doing what the boss wants them to do and chastised for poor performance or doing what the boss doesn’t like.

Now I am not saying this is deliberate but subconsciously is another matter. But this statement is getting harder and harder to defend I must say.

NRL - it is now over to you.

Re: RE: Anti Manly officiating has to end

bones said:
I don't think it's deliberate anti Manly refereeing. It's just inept refereeing and we happen to be on the receiving end of it more often lately. If it was deliberate anti Manly refereeing, why would we get that penalty for a strip when Rose simply dropped the ball? That was the single worst decision of the night and did put us ahead 10-8. However, once the replays showed Cecchin got it wrong, it was so obvious that a square up would come at the other end, and it did.

Agreed. It' not anti-Manly, it's anti-football.

The officiating issue should be the NRL's priority right now or it'll cause much more pain for the game in the long term.

At the end of the day I think some Manly fans need to look at themselves, when before the last two games have came and said we will lose the game because of a few injuries, completely unacceptable and un Manly to even think that.

With tonight’s game I am happy with the one point as not getting any would off been a mental blow for the boys, we didn’t win but we didn’t lose and that 1 point will be very important in another few months time.

When watching the game live and at the fast pace it was, there were a few ordinary decisions and mostly in the second half I think we were lucky with a few as well the most notable one when smith kicked into touch at the end of the first half in extra time, I reckon we were very lucky the scrum didn’t pack down cause he called time off so he really should of let the scrum been played and who knows from there imagine if cronk kicked a field goal, to come away with no points would off been a disaster, one point is better than zero and not only that but its shown the new guys in the team exactly what the Manly spirit is all about in battle, can only be positive come September.

Anyway another massive effort to the boys and great for PR as everyone is talking about how good Manly were.

Go Manly

It's payback, albeit subconscious and unintended, for the 1970s-90s when Arko & Bozo ruled the world.

It is obvious that the referees have been studying Manly games from 2012 and now this season. They go into games with preconceived ideas about Manly. It's not just referees feeling pressure from home supporters otherwise Manly would be getting a better run from officials at Brookie games.

Manly1973 said:
I think we were lucky with a few as well the most notable one when smith kicked into touch at the end of the first half in extra time, I reckon we were very lucky the scrum didn’t pack down cause he called time off

Except at the 20m restart Smith was 2m over the line when he kicked it.

So why is that ignored but being back 8m not 10m at the play the ball in the 79th minute is penalised, even though the defender didn't even get involved in the play??!!

If you take a 20m tap at the wrong spot they send you back.

If you overstep 2m in a drop out its a penalty. Why not at the 20m restart? Manly should appeal the match result. We won.

eagle-rock08 said:
I've said it before and will say it again. It appears to be "angry vision" when the referees watch Manly and officiate on our games.

It may be a deep-rooted hatred of Manly that is at worst 'conscious' but more likely operates at a subconscious level. The hatred goes so deep it is having an affect on the officials of this game.

I'd like a psychologist to come onto this forum and offer his or her opinion.

The alleged comments of a former referee's boss on radio a few weeks ago may point to it being a conscious bias or hatred of Manly for it seems he even said on occasions that the player he had most problems (I am paraphrasing) was a Manly number 7 of a few years back. For even though he is no longer the boss he has worked with and recruited and promoted these chaps on their performance.

As we know a good employee is rewarded for their efforts, basically doing what the boss wants them to do and chastised for poor performance or doing what the boss doesn’t like.

Now I am not saying this is deliberate but subconsciously is another matter. But this statement is getting harder and harder to defend I must say.

NRL - it is now over to you.

See DSM5's post on this very issue after last weeks game.
It will answer your questions.

the refs were terrible - and I fail to understand why Klein and Checchin are considered NRL standard refs - but we have GOT to stop making errors in our own half.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/news/show/leagueunlimited-nrl-teams-2013-round-11

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Canberra Raiders
Brookvale Oval, Saturday 25 May 2013

Referees: Gavin Badger and Alan Shortall; Sideline Officials: Dan Eastwood and Brenden Wood; Video Referees: Steve Chiddy and Matt Rodwell

Rodwell was in the box with Horsehead for the Souths game which included the obstruction controversies, Wolfman's no try at the end & Matai penalised and put on report for a chest tackle on Burgess.

Matabele said:
I count 6 decisions that were errors, and each went against us. They enjoyed an extraordinary amount of possession because of it. Even in golden point they missed two Storm players touching the ball in our possession. Six again and we kick the file goal.

and one of those errors was early in the first half when Choc was penalised for holding onto the tackled player when all that he was doing was standing there with his arms out to the sides and holding the mark where the tackle occurred but the Storm player got up and tried to drive him back a few places forward of the mark.

Brissie Kid said:
It's payback, albeit subconscious and unintended, for the 1970s-90s when Arko & Bozo ruled the world.

It is obvious that the referees have been studying Manly games from 2012 and now this season. They go into games with preconceived ideas about Manly. It's not just referees feeling pressure from home supporters otherwise Manly would be getting a better run from officials at Brookie games.

Manly1973 said:
I think we were lucky with a few as well the most notable one when smith kicked into touch at the end of the first half in extra time, I reckon we were very lucky the scrum didn’t pack down cause he called time off

Except at the 20m restart Smith was 2m over the line when he kicked it.

So why is that ignored but being back 8m not 10m at the play the ball in the 79th minute is penalised, even though the defender didn't even get involved in the play??!!

If you take a 20m tap at the wrong spot they send you back.

If you overstep 2m in a drop out its a penalty. Why not at the 20m restart? Manly should appeal the match result. We won.

This is why golden point is a farce...the referees put their whistles away and wont blow penaltys.
Scrap golden point, footy is a 80 minute game and a draw should be draw

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4