Anyone able to help

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Heres an idea from left field Dan....
Hows about organising an activity like touch footy & drinks somewhere on a Seaeagles gameday. Meet up at say 10- 11 at a designated field close to Brookie & pick some random teams. Everyone pays $20-$30 to play & the winning team gets a carton (after all its just for fun.)
Then everyone heads to the game to continue a fun day/night.
If we get 30+ people involved theres $600- $900 - a carton of beer.
The only request I have is for Jatz & I to be on the same team.....
Dont know if this is short of the $$$ required Dan but would be a good way to meet many on here in person & imo would be a great event.

Daniel, I don’t know you, have never met you, yet I’m deeply grateful for the wonderful job you do here. But oh, how to monetise the internet?

For every Zuckerberg and Bezos there must be a million who tried and failed – and ten thousand of them probably had great ideas. Selling membership or premium content is probably the worst idea – large corporations with a thousand times your market have failed with content that’s much more “valuable”. How can you charge people to read the drivel on this forum? It’s fabulous drivel and I devour it every day, but I wouldn’t pay to subscribe and I think you’d struggle to find new members.

It’s hard to go from not-for-profit to commerce. I’d happily toss in $50 to help you with the running costs of a volunteer-based community site but I wouldn’t pay $5 to subscribe to a commercially-run site.

So my suggestion is to keep the content free-to-air, but have links to money-makers like the tipping comp. Two of your key assets are access to a few thousand Manly fans and the respect of the club. So how about this: weekly sweepstakes where we each get allocated a final scoreline and the name of the player to score Manly’s last try. The winner gets the shirt this player was wearing, autographed and donated by the club, perhaps with a printed photo of the try from one of Silvertails photographers. It costs you nothing, we pay $5 a week or $50 for the season. Season ticket holders get entry to a special sweepstake in round 13 for two grand final tickets. That should cover the hosting fees.

I am trying to find prices on getting signed shirts and jerseys, unfortunately it is not something the club can donate, and I understand.

I may be able to get occasional tickets or memberships and if the comps pay for the prized I am happy to run them and put the money straight back into the site.

Love the idea of sweepstakes like the first try scorers at the ground

Daniel said:
I am trying to find prices on getting signed shirts and jerseys, unfortunately it is not something the club can donate, and I understand.

I may be able to get occasional tickets or memberships and if the comps pay for the prized I am happy to run them and put the money straight back into the site.

I think thats a great idea. Makes it abit more interactive. I think also a few silvertails premium super coach leagues. $10 to enter and pay 60 to premier 20 to runner up and 80 to the operating funds of silvertails. Im sure you could get a few comps running so there's a couple of hundred

Cambo said:
Daniel said:

I think thats a great idea. Makes it abit more interactive. I think also a few silvertails premium super coach leagues. $10 to enter and pay 60 to premier 20 to runner up and 80 to the operating funds of silvertails. Im sure you could get a few comps running so there's a couple of hundred

Cambo thats not a bad idea. I will set them up today or tomorrow and start promoting see if we can get any.

The club have offered a free family GA membership as a prize, but it means we would need to have the comp completed by round 3, we may be able to get a family pass or free tickets to a game to give away in other comps too

MK Eagle said:

LOL. I assume a few hospital passes would be the order of the day ?

MK Eagle said:
Hows about organising an activity like touch footy & drinks somewhere on a Seaeagles gameday. Meet up at say 10- 11 at a designated field close to Brookie & pick some random teams. Everyone pays $20-$30 to play & the winning team gets a carton (after all its just for fun.)
Dont know if this is short of the $$$ required Dan but would be a good way to meet many on here in person & imo would be a great event.

Im in if it gets done

The Eagle said:
MK Eagle said:

Im in if it gets done

Its a great idea, but would need someone in Sydney to co-ordinate it all. I will unlikely be able to make it to Brookvale this year for a game

I'm not really sure if this will help in any - but if you ever wanted some new graphics for the website or forums, I'm happy to help. I studied graphic design for the last 2 years and am currently sitting around trying to get myself a job. So I'm here if they helps you in anyway.

I might be missing something here but I'm pretty sure God can help you, all you need to do is ask.

Though God's spread pretty thin at the moment, but he can at least help you get your running costs down if you need, I may be able to help you with some other things aswell.

I find pm's preferable to prayers though.

manlyforever08 said:
I'm not really sure if this will help in any - but if you ever wanted some new graphics for the website or forums, I'm happy to help. I studied graphic design for the last 2 years and am currently sitting around trying to get myself a job. So I'm here if they helps you in anyway.

@[manlyforever08] urrghh I just paid $50 for a new logo that will be on the site in the next week or so.

Have you done any webdesign with your graphic design course that may come in handy as I need to do a redesign of the site.

Also for work, you can always jump on freelancer.com and pick up jobs here and there, well worth it to make extra cash, especially for designers.

Daniel said:
manlyforever08 said:

@[manlyforever08] urrghh I just paid $50 for a new logo that will be on the site in the next week or so.

Have you done any webdesign with your graphic design course that may come in handy as I need to do a redesign of the site.

Also for work, you can always jump on freelancer.com and pick up jobs here and there, well worth it to make extra cash, especially for designers.

@[Daniel] damn! ahh well.

I have done a little but not enough that I'd be confident enough to do right now. I'm thinking of doing a web design course in the future.

Thanks for that tip!

Don't forget to do your bit for Silvertails and sign up for tipping comp. Less than 48 hours till season kick off and it's $20.00 well spent.

Thanks C&C uptake has been greatly improved over the past week and we have our hosting paid for, for the next 6 months at least. I am confident that, mixed with advertising we should see out the year without too much of a hit. Good times.

Should have a good outlook of where we are/will be sometime next week.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6