Anyone Going to The Season Launch Tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
e31.jpg

It's going to be a wierd night tonight with all the talk going on.
I'm glad I'm not going I wouldnt add anything I'm in a pretty sombre mood.
NYEagle

NYEagle
I've been to one launch, 2008. Maybe I SHOULD go tonight...

Ohh I had that piece of garbage on ignore. Now I see why. Lowlife scum.

Yep me too, but saw what he wrote .

They just can't help themselves ( the Trolls), they come on to stir the pot , reckon they play nice and roll out the same line every time!!

They all seem to forget in a unanimous decision the jury took 8 minutes to declare him innocent, and some were crying as the verdict was announced.

That poor bastard, will probably never live it down !!

Yes I agree, unless they have some good news it's going to be quite a different sort of launch, probably more like a wake.

NYEagle
I am going . It does feel a bit strange. Its like when we were there at the same place when Des told everyone he was leaving. Stuffed the night and the good vibe after we won the comp. Oh well a few drinks will num the pain.

I am going . It does feel a bit strange. Its like when we were there at the same place when Des told everyone he was leaving. Stuffed the night and the good vibe after we won the comp. Oh well a few drinks will num the pain.

Shake Foz hand, and say, "thanks...for nothing".

@tookey is our undercover Silvertails reporter
Not a lot happened tonight.

Kelley said that Foran hasn't signed a contract to leave Manly and they were still hopefull of keeping him and DCE.

Both Foran and DCE seemed happy mingling with the fans and a couple of times people (fans who seemed to know him) took Foran aside for what seemed to be serious discussions and appeared to be talking/begging him to stay.

I have a feeling that Manly is waiting to see if DCE decides early next week to go to the titans and if they do they will increase our offer to Foran.

The new ground will be sensational if they can get it funded.

Would have liked to have sen more of the ex players there tonight. They invited past captains, Fulton, Vautin etc but they didn't attend. Also Arko unfortunately was on holidays.

Last edited:
Well I assume Foz will be at the launch tonight, and im sure someone will walk up and ask him given todays story. Im sure some reporters will be in attendance.
He is the type of person who tends to give something away. you see it in the post match interviews over the years, so you will likely see a story tommorrow morning based on that information.

Not a lot happened tonight.

Kelley said that Foran hasn't signed a contract to leave Manly and they were still hopefull of keeping him and DCE.

Both Foran and DCE seemed happy mingling with the fans and a couple of times people (fans who seemed to know him) took Foran aside for what seemed to be serious discussions and appeared to be talking/begging him to stay.

I have a feeling that Manly is waiting to see if DCE decides early next week to go to the titans and if they do they will increase our offer to Foran.

The new ground will be sensational if they can get it funded.

So Its good the CEO got up and stated that Foz hasnt signed, it would have helped quell the rumours at the launch. Im not surprised given todays article that many people were over talking to Foz about staying.

Well if there mingling and happy that is always a good sign (then again beer can do that;)).

Hopefully events like this make them appreciate how good manly is.

Tookey I know alot has been said about foz today, but was there any indication about DCE and what he is thinking. It was only a few days ago we were going through this with DCE.

Cheers Tookey :)

The body language of Foz looked awkward when he was questioned by reporters before the launch. I'm just hoping it was him being embarrassed by the attention on his contract situation & not that he has made a commitment to Parra...

So which players mingled and sat with DCE ?
How was the atmosphere ?
Did the Jamie's say if they'll be right for rd1
Same with Matai & Lawrence ?
Were the players drinking?
Was Zorba there ?

So which players mingled and sat with DCE ?
How was the atmosphere ?
Did the Jamie's say if they'll be right for rd1
Same with Matai & Lawrence ?
Were the players drinking?
Was Zorba there ?
Didn't see too many players mingling with DCE other than Bhurer as DCE spent most of the night talking to fans and sponsors

Jamie said that his injury had improved quite a bit this week and he was hopeful of playing on friday night after another week of rehab

Nothing said about Matai and Lawrence I didn't see Jorge there last night

Drinking mostly water and occasional wine. Foran and DCE didn't drink any alcohol that i saw

Zorba was there and saw him talking a few times to Toovey. Dispelled any rumours about the two of them not getting on.

Zorba also talked a lot to Foran and snake

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8