anyone want to work for manly. to get my buck customer service is helpful

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan if brands sold themselves people like me (marketing wankers...yes i know what i am...) would not have a job

Programs like the club are a valuable brand building exercise but it should not be your only approach

lsz link said:
Ryan if brands sold themselves people like me (marketing w****rs...yes i know what i am...) would not have a job

Programs like the club are a valuable brand building exercise but it should not be your only approach

Explain Tim Tams for example. Simplistic approach I know. You were probably given one, loved the things, and came back for more. They consistently give you quality product, and you probably have shown someone else them in your lifetime.

You try a quality product, you do the selling yourself for that brand.

Answer: Something that makes you FEEL good, is saleable.

NB: Something that makes people feel unwelcome, cold, siloist is NOT something that will naturally grow itself.

Ryan the fundamental difference is that a sporting team is fluid i.e. perceptions and attitudes change based on a number of factors

Tim Tams are consistent and non changing therefore far easier to market

lsz link said:
Ryan the fundamental difference is that a sporting team is fluid i.e. perceptions and attitudes change based on a number of factors

Tim Tams are consistent and non changing therefore far easier to market

Hmmm...valid point. But, lets then look at a constantly changing type product like a quality motor vehicle....the Mercedes.  Can't stand them myself, but people know, that whatever product or year you buy from them, you are buying a quality product.

Mercedes have had to evolve. They have always had to change to keep in front of their competitors.

They are an extremely over-priced product, yet why are there so many of the danged things on the road today?

Why? Because people know they are investing in something quality, something that adds value to their lives in their own way (I personally hate the things as I said), and something that frankly, makes them feel good.

It's that exact emotion our club needs to impart on its members. If any club had all its members feeling so satisfied, they referred just one to two other members through to the club (heck, I did so two years ago with at LEAST 4-5 members, and in fact Chuckwood did the same with me), we'd be going gangbusters.

For the life of me, I cannot feel myself itching to get out there and advertise the culture at present. I still love the brand. I just don't follow or enjoy the leadership direction.

Des & the lads who bust their balls each week is another matter entirely. They DO consistently give it all, and that's the reason I'm still a member.

I don't know mate, marketing & communication at this club is ill directed, and / or non existent, and if you read thoughts on this thread, whether right or wrong, this MAY be the perception amongst some, and that's not the best thing.  

Ryan link said:
[quote author=lsz link=topic=185501.msg298305#msg298305 date=1285584138]
Ryan if brands sold themselves people like me (marketing w****rs...yes i know what i am...) would not have a job

Explain Tim Tams for example. Simplistic approach I know. You were probably given one, loved the things, and came back for more. They consistently give you quality product, and you probably have shown someone else them in your lifetime.

You try a quality product, you do the selling yourself for that brand.

Answer: Something that makes you FEEL good, is saleable.

NB: Something that makes people feel unwelcome, cold, siloist is NOT something that will naturally grow itself.
[/quote]

Figures released recently to justify an impending interest rate rise, include sales for electronic gadgets is up and sales for items such as tim tams is down. True story

Its an interesting one really
Firsty is it Sarah's job, is she leaving, being pushed moving sideways or are they increasing there membership team.
Regardless of how you see the closing of the forum it has had an impact. Inside manly the impact would have been felt most by marketing and membership. In a year when Manly opened a big shop selling merchandise, in a year that manly released the best range of clothing ever, the discounts have been often, the discounts have been significant and the discounts are only available through the website. mmmm. Trying to get a failing website some hits
The decision to close the doors seem to have been made by individuals for the sake of individuals, not for the better interest of manlys bottom line. This is wrong regardless of where you stand on this issue

If Sarah is going i feel sorry for her as she was just following bad advice and pays as a result. In saying that more work could have been done to understand her fan base she was in charge of building. I know from experience

So at a time when our crowds are down , our website cant attract hits,our team is struggling a little, we are trying to attract a sponsor, we are dropping membership prices, selling manly stuff cheaper than target and looking like we are replacing or moving our membership manager after only 6 months on the job

Lets hope Kevin Rudd applies, at least he had the balls to say sorry

jbb/james link said:
Its an interesting one really
Firsty is it Sarah's job, is she leaving, being pushed moving sideways or are they increasing there membership team.
Regardless of how you see the closing of the forum it has had an impact. Inside manly the impact would have been felt most by marketing and membership. In a year when Manly opened a big shop selling merchandise, in a year that manly released the best range of clothing ever, the discounts have been often, the discounts have been significant and the discounts are only available through the website. mmmm. Trying to get a failing website some hits
The decision to close the doors seem to have been made by individuals for the sake of individuals, not for the better interest of manlys bottom line. This is wrong regardless of where you stand on this issue

If Sarah is going i feel sorry for her as she was just following bad advice and pays as a result. In saying that more work could have been done to understand her fan base she was in charge of building. I know from experience

So at a time when our crowds are down , our website cant attract hits,our team is struggling a little, we are trying to attract a sponsor, we are dropping membership prices, selling manly stuff cheaper than target and looking like we are replacing or moving our membership manager after only 6 months on the job

Lets hope Kevin Rudd applies, at least he had the balls to say sorry

Don't forget having to re-locate games to acquire cash (cash grab) at the expense of season ticket holders.

BUUUT, the owners are warring?? Yaaaaaaaay !

jbb/james link said:

I wouldn't think the resumes would be being sent to Sarah if she was leaving. If she was being pushed she wouldn't be taking applications for her own replacement.

Therefore I am assuming it is for someone to assist her, or she is moving to a different position in the organisation.

lol mark nice try i aint blurting nothing out  i knw what happend at the mwse  this yr when i told you`s info  , im just going to pm you mark..

OHHHH!!! I would do ANYTHING to be able to work for Manly!
Good to know that opp's are posted on here though- I'll have to 'watch this space' closely!!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7