Anyone watching the Test?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will England or New Zealand win the Test Series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I said that Hiku handled himself well at 5/8, I meant through the entire series, not just this match. Remember that he hasn't played in the position since he was with the Warriors U/20's. In fact, he's played mostly on the wing since then.

For a utility outside back to step up and be a play making 5/8 in a test series is a pretty big ask, especially of someone who is inexperienced in the position. It would have been very surprising to see him play pivot for NZ at anywhere near the same level that we've seen from Foran and Marshall in the past.

Last edited:
New zealand looked woeful the entire series

They did. Looked like a group who'd been partying over there. They looked unmotivated. Hiku still looks like the Magic Pudding.

Hiku was ordinary (not bad), just very average at 5/8. I hope Barrett doesn't play him there.

Kiwis actually looked soft.

Hiku is a decent fill in 5/8 but far from convinced he has the vision or kicking game or take the best options , to be the long term answer there for Manly.....his attributes are best suited to centre.
He is a solid player who is a deserved international but the fact is, he was played at 5/8 simply due to a lack of options there.

Hiku is a decent fill in 5/8 but far from convinced he has the vision or kicking game or take the best options , to be the long term answer there for Manly.....his attributes are best suited to centre.
He is a solid player who is a deserved international but the fact is, he was played at 5/8 simply due to a lack of options there.
Yeah long term I would go walker

Id start kapow at 5/8 for say 20-25 then bring on Parcell or the last 15 of the first half.

England should also be given credit for winning not only this game but the series and appeared to want it more. They made quite a few last ditch and try saving tackles. Also their forwards played really well.

While the Kiwi's didn't play their best I thought England played much tougher overall. NZ having untested halves played a part but not as much as other factors did like the NZ forwards being outplayed.

Personally as a Kiwi myself, this series didn't really mean as much as it should for some reason. I saw this as a series to blood young players and build depth. If we were able to do this and win then cool but if not so be it. I must say I just really missed us playing Australia. No disrespect to England but like myself I don't think NZ's intensity level was anywhere near it is when we face our trans tasman rival.

Now as for this game I thought Peta went ok. Made a couple of handling errors but other than that his kicking game was alright. He ran and defended ok but wasn't as prominent as in the second test. The odd time his option taking might have been off but it takes time to learn when to pass and when to run. His style is a running 5/8 so that's not a suprise I guess.

As I have mentioned before the worst case scenario for Peta was to get some experience at INTERNATIONAL level playing 5/8. This wasn't U20's in the NYC, this was at the elite level of the game. Him gaining and improving his playmaking skills and versatility at Test level can only have a flow on effect in 1st Grade.

Overall as some have said, Peta probably was just average which I can agree with. Now considering he was a fill in who has limited experience in this position and was partnered by 2 other rookie halves there's no shame in that. He still has alot to work on as a playmaker but these games can only but help.

Now as for Tapau I thought he ran hard in his impact role and limited minutes. Would like to have seen him play more but Kearney seems to just use him in this role for the Kiwi's. Lewis Brown came on and did ok giving another dummy half option and had a few good runs.

Must say the main thing I was happy about was our 3 guys made it through the series and none sustained any major injuries.

Last edited:
What a ****e game by both teams. No wonder league isn't big in the uk. The 5 metres and playing so flat was so uninspiring. The ball seemed to never move further then 10 metres from the ruck. And the Kiwi's copied the UK style of play with little depth in there back line. Yak I can't even call that rugby league. But it was horrible to watch. Hiku was our best by far. Brown and Taupau were crud.

What a ****e game by both teams. No wonder league isn't big in the uk. The 5 metres and playing so flat was so uninspiring. The ball seemed to never move further then 10 metres from the ruck. And the Kiwi's copied the UK style of play with little depth in there back line. Yak I can't even call that rugby league. But it was horrible to watch. Hiku was our best by far. Brown and Taupau were crud.
Hardly encouraging

KIWIS HIT FORM

NZ are currently 2/313 at the WACA. Kane Williamson is currently 151 NO while Ross Taylor is 111 NO.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8