Are the current commentators the worst in history?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Honestly I don't care who commentates our games. I'm more concerned with our players and the opposition. If they really detract from your enjoyment just hit mute.

Refereeing and Commentary are thankless tasks that only people that love the game would undertake. I love the game but wouldn't do either for love nor money. I get they can be annoying but try a lil bit of empathy before you rush to judgement.

Vossy good
Ennis good (but not with vossy)
Parker goooone
Anasta goooone
Brandy the best
Warren goes alright
Blocker gooooone
Dane is alright....
Blocker does corny one liners, put's on a variety of facial expressions and expects people to laugh at his so called jokes, seriously Blocker....it's time to go !!

There has never been anyone as boring as Cooper Cronk. Talks about nothing continually in a monotonous drone. Definitely mute when he is on.
Best part about Cooper is that he has nightmares about 40 nil. He was Key note speaker at a conference 3 weeks ago and they spoke about his grand final performances.

1. It ****s me that he claims 5 grand final wins when he really had 3? just saying
2. when he was telling the story about the 40 nil, I cheered and and he said that the nightmare got worse because there was a Manly supporter there! Management told me off so I told them to F off, it was what is was.
3. I asked him about being a cheat and really didn't like it, he said it was a management thing, not a player thing, I asked "really" you didn't realise you had the QLd SOA side and you didn't think there was an issue.....

I'll always have a soft spot for Rabs.
I don't mind Rabs either, although last year he was getting a bit forgetful with the player names. Actually I read today he isn't calling any footy games on 9 for at least the first 6 weeks for reasons unknown, though he's contracted to 9 to the end of 2022. At 78 I think the end is near for him...

The part I dislike is when Rabs and Gus are calling together and start blabbering on about everything other than the game being televised.

I don't have Fox - only 9 to watch footy. Aside from them as players, I quite like Gallen and Slater's commentaries as they're both articulate - unlike Lockyer and Thurston. Andrew Johns also provides interesting analyses of games.

Surely there would be so many former players looking for gigs that it wouldn't be hard to objectively find the good ones.
You overlook the amount of ex players that allegedly have off the book agreements for these gigs after footy. Doesn't leave alot of room for the "good ones "

Some perspective time

Imagine your deaf and can't hear the commentators whether good or bad.

At least you have the option to mute or change channels.

I'm just thankful we don't have to listen to the voice or ramblings of Justin Hodges anymore ,you could swear every time he came on it was after 6 schooners ,and although Gordy sounds like a moran he knows his stuff and is quite insightful.
I don't listen to chanel Nein as I cant stand all the Queenslanders on there and I think Rabs rambles alot now , and if I was Fox id steal Gal ,Andrew Johns and big Ru Simms and put her in charge of 360 rather than that twit Anastasia .

Honestly I don't care who commentates our games. I'm more concerned with our players and the opposition. If they really detract from your enjoyment just hit mute.

Refereeing and Commentary are thankless tasks that only people that love the game would undertake. I love the game but wouldn't do either for love nor money. I get they can be annoying but try a lil bit of empathy before you rush to judgement.

Thank you

I'm fairly indifferent beyond the fact I prefer Fox over Nine.

They are all fine enough IMO

Going against the grain here, but I like the whole NRL commentary.

But that's coming from someone more used to AFL as the Channel 7 offering is some of the worst TV that's ever made it to air.

You overlook the amount of ex players that allegedly have off the book agreements for these gigs after footy. Doesn't leave alot of room for the "good ones "
I often wonder who they let go as well, for instance they've got Benji on the books now, so who left for Benji to join Fox?. It's a bit like an NRL side, you can't keep them all !!

Brandy & Benji are the best for mine.
We all know Brandy is on the board at the Panthers but he doesn't come across as overtly bias in his calls.
Benji and Slater are great analysts and foils for the main callers, they deserve more air time.
Used to be impressed with Ennis but he's starting to go over the top and holier than thou as if the powers above are demanding it. His castigation of Tamou's hit on Walker the other night was over the top.

Vossy, Ginnane etc think they are the entertainment and seem to only touch the surface re info about players which the majority of league fans would know or in Vossy's case what his mother's middle name might be and what his favourite sandwiches are.

Unfortunately with every game televised, they need a commentary team so it stands to reason that they need a large pool to draw from.

I often wonder who they let go as well, for instance they've got Benji on the books now, so who left for Benji to join Fox?. It's a bit like an NRL side, you can't keep them all !!
Benji looks and sounds somewhat unhappy with his commentating gig.

Brandy & Benji are the best for mine.
We all know Brandy is on the board at the Panthers but he doesn't come across as overtly bias in his calls.
Benji and Slater are great analysts and foils for the main callers, they deserve more air time.
Used to be impressed with Ennis but he's starting to go over the top and holier than thou as if the powers above are demanding it. His castigation of Tamou's hit on Walker the other night was over the top.

Vossy, Ginnane etc think they are the entertainment and seem to only touch the surface re info about players which the majority of league fans would know or in Vossy's case what his mother's middle name might be and what his favourite sandwiches are.

Unfortunately with every game televised, they need a commentary team so it stands to reason that they need a large pool to draw from.
Love Benji, good mix of humility experience and humor.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10