Are The Seaeagles Better in 2014??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'll let you know after we have signed a replacement for Fa'aoso.

I'll let you know after we have signed a replacement for Fa'aoso.

Ralphie said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
Ralphie, Brenton Lawrence is a one-off. He had very little NRL experience but was a very strong physically mature man aged late-20's.
For younger props it will probably be harder to maintain consistency over a long tough season.
Look at the top props currently in NRL, they have all been around for a few seasons and were good when they began but definitely have improved over time. Including Scott, Tamou, Matolino, JWH, Fifita etc.

That's a fair point SER8 and I must admit that I change my mind on this week to week.

If we look at last season we really didn't have King, Joe or Fa'oso for big big chunks of the season, so saying we have lost Joe & Fa'oso is stretching it because we didn't really have them last season. Richie was out for a fair period as well. George was hit and miss depending on his fitness and Gower was just making up the numbers, which is why he had very little game time in the GF.

In my eyes we have lost Kite and half of Richie and George. To replace those two FTE's we have Kingy back, Turbo, Starling, Hasson, Lui, Andrews and Sene-Lefao and whoever we may sign in the next week or two. So we have 6-7 potentials to replace what was really only effectively 2-3 props lost from last season. Even allowing for a 50% failure rate of those 6-7 we have this covered.

I think we are stronger. As noted above our forwards aren't as big a difference as it sounds. The backs I believe have more depth. Our halves have more experience. And from what I can gather we are starting the season in better overall injury shape than last year. Plus our average age is coming down which may result in less injuries.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2