Are we becoming peoples new number 2 team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

JBW

Reserve Grader
I was at a kids sport event today and chatting to Tigers, Bulldogs and Panthers fans, yes i know theres a joke in there somewhere... They all said the same thing, that we played well and they wished we beat the Rabbits.

After further discussion, they all agreed that theres little reason to hate Manly now. People love these Turbo boys, Jake in particular, and also appreciate the way we are playing the game.

I acknowledge that certain fans, Slime, Sharks etc will always despise us, but are we or have we lost that hated stigma that followed us for many years? The reality is, the Rorters are now the silvertails and we haven't won anything for 12 years.

How do we feel about this? I liked being hated! Do we need to tell Jake to pull his head in and stop being so bloody likeable as its creating a perception that we don't want?

Win some silverware boys! Become hated again!

Don’t know about their second team , but I think there’s less hate.

12 years of no success , and the 2022 year will do that.

• 👍
Reactions: JBW
Every adult I know outside of the North Beaches still hates Manly.

Time to sway the young ones to be cool and different and follow Manly 😃

• 👍
Reactions: JBW
There is certainly a more joking vibe to the 'I hate Manly' mentality I have noticed in recent year. This has definitely been aided by the Trbojevics who are just impossible to hate, and Tom is just so admired for being so good, and yet comes across as so humble.

Jake....he's just a big kid.....seriously I'd adopt him.

I like being hated, to me that tribalism makes Rugby League, and people typically hate you when you are successful, and we just haven't been dominant in the last few years. Some good runs, but not like 07 to 13.

Take off your maroon coloured glasses and you’d see Manly are still one of Sydney’s most hated. I think we’ve just dropped down a few notches in the most hated list.

People are just really starting to hate other teams more than they care to hate us.

Penrith - Smug / Luai
Souths - Favouritism / Latrell
Roosters - Rorting
Parramatta - Queen Gutho and Bitch Moses

I’d say the most hated player is DCE because he comes across as a bit smug sometimes but I couldn’t name another player that other fans love to hate.

How do we feel about this? I liked being hated! Do we need to tell Jake to pull his head in and stop being so bloody likeable as its creating a perception that we don't want?

Win some silverware boys! Become hated again!

I'm thinking your sample size is a bit small to say the tide has turned.

Also you may be a big scary mo-fo so everyone was being nice, haha.

When I bump into the rare fan over here everyone is usually polite to each other.

Only once, when Des went to the dogs, was I in some ski resort and a staff member went "hahaha we got yer coach...we got yer coooach nyah nyah etc" - which was intersting.

Real life isn't behind a keyboard so most strangers will be nice enough.

the closer to family (like my cowboy supporting uncle) you get, the more 'teasing' goes on.

I am finishing this post, it's too long and there's too many spaces between lines of text.

Thank you

I'm thinking your sample size is a bit small to say the tide has turned.

Also you may be a big scary mo-fo so everyone was being nice, haha.

When I bump into the rare fan over here everyone is usually polite to each other.

Only once, when Des went to the dogs, was I in some ski resort and a staff member went "hahaha we got yer coach...we got yer coooach nyah nyah etc" - which was intersting.

Real life isn't behind a keyboard so most strangers will be nice enough.

the closer to family (like my cowboy supporting uncle) you get, the more 'teasing' goes on.

I am finishing this post, it's too long and there's too many spaces between lines of text.

Thank you
I like the spacing. For those that are struggling to read, even with the heavy duty reading glasses

on, it is much easier to understand.

Everyone I speak to second favourite team is the Dolphins.

We aren’t the most hated team anymore, that seams to be the Rorters.
But plenty of people 30+ still hate us and when you ask anyone under 50 they can’t tell you why except they just do.

There is certainly a more joking vibe to the 'I hate Manly' mentality I have noticed in recent year. This has definitely been aided by the Trbojevics who are just impossible to hate, and Tom is just so admired for being so good, and yet comes across as so humble.

Jake....he's just a big kid.....seriously I'd adopt him.

I like being hated, to me that tribalism makes Rugby League, and people typically hate you when you are successful, and we just haven't been dominant in the last few years. Some good runs, but not like 07 to 13.
The main reason why we are so hated...it's two words ....Jealously and Envy.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4