Ashes Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well at least the batsman are getting some runs in the lead up first class games, whether they can continue against the England remains to be seen.

Bowling has been a bit hit and miss. Patterson is the one consistently claiming wickets whilst the others have been ok bar Siddle who doesn't seem to be able to buy a wicket over there.

What are the predictions for the Aus 11?
Watson
Rogers
Hughes
Clarke
Khwaja
Warner
Haddin
Siddle
Pattinson
Starc
Harris

I would like to see Big Bird in there, but it's hard to fit him in.
Who fills the two spots available out of Warner, Hughes and Cowan.
All 3 have reasons not to be included.
Do we play a spinner?
Can't wait to see the final 11.

I would have presumed Cowan would be batting 3, and I'd say Lyon will definitely be playing

I think you guys will go a lot better than people are picking, but that chance goes down markedly if you have Hughes, Khawaja and Warner in your top 6. I have seen absolutely nothing of Khawaja yet to suggest I should rate him

Siddle hasn't caused much trouble in the lead up matches only getting 4 wickets in 6 innings but he has knocked up a ton so might slip into number 6 :p

Agar at 19 has been touring very well with 9 wickets in 6 innings and can handle a bat ok as well. Lyon has 12 from his 6 innings so is still ahead but good signs from the 19 year old.

Batting wise i think there is only 1 spot up for grabs, Clarke, Watson, Rogers, Hughes and Warner will all play, the question is who will be the 6th. Steve Smith with his wristies, Cowan to try and just lock down an end or kwhaja for some stroke making. I would choose Smith, has been going alright over there and at least offers some bowling and we know the poms struggle more with leggies than offspin.

Certainly interesting series with our bowling strong enough to take 20 wickets.

Haven't seen a thing of Agar so will be interested to have a look

I have mentioned him before, but keep an eye on Joe Root, he is an unbelievable talent, will be interested to see how he handles opening at this level though

Pattinson to rough him up & then knock him over early is my prediction KE! ;-)

Wow another orthodox spinner, how many has that been in the last 5 years ?? Be interested to see what he has got.

I'm not really a Steve Smith fan, but I don't think Warner deserves a spot given his recent carry on. Surely Cowan needs a big hundred in this test otherwise he'll be batting for his test career next game I feel.

Has Hughes got the Ashes heebie jeebies out of his system ?? must be some lingering doubt there after his last visit here. Especially on the back of a very poor Indian tour.

Pumped to see Haddin back, I think that is a great selection choice, some much needed experience. Hope he fires.

I like our fast bowling line up, I think Starc might have a good test. If we can get Cook early then that'd be a real confidence boost for the boys.

So many questions,.... so nervous. C'mon you Aussies

Clint said:
Pattinson to rough him up & then knock him over early is my prediction KE! ;-)

Lol the thing is Root wouldn't care if Pattinson has a crack, he seems unflappable for a young bloke

Well I didn't see some of that coming.

Thought Warner would keep his spot given there isnt much knocking on the door and Cowan can once again count himself lucky, no man ever has been given so many chances without showing anything.

Agar is a big call, the kid is showing big promise but first test of an ashes is big pressure, hope he just takes it as a big vote of confidence in his ability.

Watto is back bowling. I thought he was shelving that part of his game permanently. Good for us, he's a proven partnership breaker.

I see they have decided to ship Warner off to Zimbabwe with Australia A.

Pretty even start to the first session. Cook was a big wicket. If we can get Trott or KP early in this session than that'll be handy.

Very even so far and our bowling has been average at best. We are lacking consistency but still producing some wicket taking balls.

If we can tighten it up a bit then we might be able to get a few more before tea and take the lead

Siddle on fire, 5 for before tea after 4 overs of rubbish to kick it off, what a turn around.

Hoping he can keep bowling like this for the rest of the time.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4