Ashley Taylor and possble team next year ...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If they can't manage to convince DCE to backflip pretty sure they will go after carney as an experienced half with good kicking game then sign a young half from either taylor, cornish, hastings etc
That sounds good to me, I accept we won't be as strong in the halves for the next couple of years but I'm happy the club is going with youth and experience instead of two older players.

Both the Trbojevic boys and Gutherson need to be playing first grade from the beginning of next year. They have only signed until the year after and they will be garnering a lot of attention. They need to experience success at Manly and they will be needed to generate it.

I'm not sure how it works with Tafua, Hiku, Stewart, Lyon and Mata but it needs to happen.

Maybe Tafua and Hiku can be moved into the forwards to accommodate the kids coming through or maybe Lyon and Stewart start thinking about retirement or moving on.

I'm starting to doubt Cornish has anything more to offer than a JLJ.

Both the Trbojevic boys and Gutherson need to be playing first grade from the beginning of next year. They have only signed until the year after and they will be garnering a lot of attention. They need to experience success at Manly and they will be needed to generate it.

I'm not sure how it works with Tafua, Hiku, Stewart, Lyon and Mata but it needs to happen.

Maybe Tafua and Hiku can be moved into the forwards to accommodate the kids coming through or maybe Lyon and Stewart start thinking about retirement or moving on.

I'm starting to doubt Cornish has anything more to offer than a JLJ.
Cornish is a big no, Taylor is a much better option. The kid has a heap of potential, seems to be a good organizer and is a natural footy player. Under Joey he could develop right up to the top echelon of playmakers.

Cornish looking pretty sharp in reggies today
Looks like he can also kick a few goals.
Not so sure about defence

I think Tom Trbojevic is a ready made Brett Stewart replacement. No need to rush him. Have him as injury cover next season, and ready to step up a year later.

Last thing you want to do is rush his development.

Harness him, take our time and bring him on steadily. Don't burn him out. Don't want a kid with bung knees at 26 or something.

It's all about being steady.

Just saying, I saw on CH9 Sunday Footy show, Toovs was asked about the DCE saga, he said,
"I can't see the young bloke changing his mind".
Who knows?

2016. 2017. 2018.
1 Stewart / Trbojevic / -
2 Gutherson / - / -
3 Hiku / - / -
4 Matai / - : Leilua
5 Trbojevic / Taufua / -
6 Lyon / Travers / -
7 Taylor / - / -
8 Trbojevic / - / -
9 Ballin / - / Hodges
10 Lussick / - / -
11 Grevsmuhl / - / -
12 Symonds / Buhrer / -
13 Mateo / Symonds /Demetriou

14 Hodges / - / D.Lui
15 Sao / - / -
16 Buhrer / Mateo / TBC
17 Horo / Demetriou / TBC

Don't know much about him but seems worth a punt at the right price

Taylor has a great all round game. We should def' go after him. Knights, Gold Coast and Manly would be the only contenders I would think. You would think Manly would have the most attractive playing roster as long as our offer is competitive.

I saw Taylor play in qld intrust supercup a month ago and he got belted and had his pants pulled down by Wynnum Manly halves. Didnt see any quality to match the hype but it was only one game.

Timing hardly seems coincidental. Foran out Taylor in.
Win. Win.

I saw him play half for the Broncos v Panthers in May, thought he looked quite handy , with some development might be more than ok.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8