Attention Tippers - Last Fan Standing Competition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Clint said:
Good work Nicci you rock.
When I am that far down the ladder that I can't win the comp, I'm gonna start picking the teams I'd go for over the teams I think will win. For example, whoever the Dogs are playing & whoever the Storm are playing.
After a quick galnce at the table, I may as well start that theory this week. :s

I try not to tip teams on my hate list and my hate list is large, doggies and storm topping it. Have never liked those silly horsies either and am surrounded by their supporters and media coverage. Hurl! Souths are quickly earning their way up my personal list.
When I think about it the list pretty much includes everyone except Manly. Go Manly!

My ten year old son just gave me a big hug when we both found out the Panthers beat the Storm. I didn't look at the result until this morning. Last night, however, before the game started, he ridiculed me for picking the Panthers. He said, 'What were you thinking? Just throw the competition away, won't you!' I could only reply, 'Mate, I made a mistake, alright... I don't know what I was thinking.'

I haven't seen too many questions about this, so I assume that everyone has got their head around the concept and how the competition will run ??

If you have any questions, concerns, ideas....whatever, then let's hear them. You can post here or PM me if you like.

Hopefully we will be ready to kick it off this weekend, just sorting out a couple of things and we will let you know.

Actually ... can you run it by me again? :)
On second thoughts, I think you answered all questions in your first post C&C:

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Attention-Tippers-Last-Fan-Standing-Competition?pid=490851#pid490851

I just want to know what you think of my strategy.

Tip West Tigers every week.

Let me know.

I like your tactic Bob. After two weeks that'll be one less tipper I have to beat to win the jersey !!

We are hoping to kick it off this week for Round 10, but just need to sort out a couple of things with respect to how we are actually going to administer it. It doesn't seem likely we can "automate" the process like the regular tipping comp, so trying to work out what the most effective, transparent and equitable way of receiving tips is going to be.

I will keep everyone posted.

I wonder if anyone has the kahuna's to tip Manly this week for the last man standing comp?
I will be tipping them for the tipping comp, but they won't be my team for the last man standing.

I will bag Manly to win the round on the 6th October, 2013 then :p

Other Teams are of no interest in WINS for me.
But I would participate in a DEATH RIDE Tipping contest to put the mock on all the pretenders :idea:

Clint said:
I wonder if anyone has the kahuna's to tip Manly this week for the last man standing comp?
I will be tipping them for the tipping comp, but they won't be my team for the last man standing.

I have the guts. It's hanging over my trousers :D

Clint said:

Not allowed to. It's against the rules to tip the Monday night game.

* bump *

Just a reminder that we will be kicking off the Last Fan Standing competition this round. We will set up each rounds choices as a poll and you will have to vote on which team you want to choose as your winning team for that week. Get it wrong and you're out, get it right and you stay alive for another week.

I will set up the week one poll tonight hopefully, that way everyone gets a few days to digest the info and has an opportunity to ask questions. Remember the basic rules

* You must be a paid up member to enter - i.e. if you have the golden silvertails logo next to your username you are eligible to participate
* You can only pick one team from the nominated list of teams - i.e. Monday night games are not included
* You cannot pick the same team in two consecutive rounds, so plan ahead. Breach this rule and you will be eliminated
* There is no default setting for failing to enter a tip, i.e. if you don't pick a team you are automatically eliminated
* The competition/poll will be locked on Friday evening prior to kick off in the first game that weekend. Once the competition is locked you cannot enter a choice and thus you will be eliminated.
* We will not be sending out reminders, it is your responsibility to ensure you enter your tips, so that means making sure you have access to a computer and an internet connection. No correspondence will be entered into with regards to technical issues.
* You cannot make tips in advance, only the current week of the competition will be available to enter at any given time. Refer to rule above
* The poll system is set up such that once you enter your choice you CANNOT change it. Therefore choose wisely as you cannot have a last minute change of heart.
* I am not an expert on accessing this site from mobile devices therefore I cannot guarantee the performance of the poll system through that medium. It is your responsibility to ensure you lodge your tip.

Any questions then fire away.

By the way if anyone wants to enter this competition and isn't in the normal tipping comp, then that is certainly OK. However you will have to pay your $25.00 entry fee before you are eligible. As a bonus you will also get a free entry into the lucky tipper prize draw at the end of the year. If you wish to join, PM me and I will give you the PayPal details to deposit into to save you signing up through the main tipping comp

Who can I blame if I forget to put my tip in? :p:p:p

Great job C & C. Love ya work mate. This competition will be exciting. Until I get eliminated, then I couldn't give a rats.
Good luck everyone, and dont forget to put your tips in first thing Saturday morning. ;)

Gee, with all this 'no reminders', 'locked out times', 'no advanced picks' etc etc etc I'd hate to be an overseas participant!

Or generally disorganised. ta dah!

The Army Of One said:
Where do I find the golden Silvertails logo.......I'm paid up but cant find it.

It's right there...next to your user name!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6