Attention Tippers - Last Fan Standing Competition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
HappilyManly said:
Chip and Chase said:
Well it's back up and running. If we don't get all eligible entrants lodging a pick then I will have to re-assess the situation then. But at this point it's business as usual so get a pick in.

Help, I don't see a link anywhere to the competition.:-/

Look for the Last Fan Standing Week 2 Thread. Which is basically the Week 1 thread by a new name. The poll at the top of that thread has been changed to show this week's eligible choices.

@"Chip and Chase" - Maybe the weekly thread should just be made into a sticky.

We're lucky this forum has an abundance of err opinions and the LFS thread can get lost in the 'white noise'.

You know it makes sense. I'm Globaleaglevich

Yes good idea, will probably be the case. I'm getting hammered at work at the moment so I don't have a lot of spare time to sort this.

Our plan is to relaunch for Round 13, which is pretty much a full round of games. That'll give me the best part of two weeks to publicise and make sure everyone is on board this time around.

OK after a temporary hiatus we have re-opened the LFS competition. Next round of tipping is Round 13 of the NRL so you have 2 weeks to get your thoughts together and get a choice in.

There is a completely new thread for the LFS comp and you will find it in the sticky thread zone at the top of the forum or follow link below

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-Last-Fan-Standing-Comp-OPEN

Chip and Chase said:
Yes good idea, will probably be the case. I'm getting hammered at work at the moment so I don't have a lot of spare time to sort this.

You're drinking at work?

Nice. You a pilot?

Doctors! Pfft glorified butchers that lot.

Still, I like M*A*S*H so tis all good.

Please dont be alarmed everyone, Dad has not risen, although he did say he had a list of people that had pissed him off during his life that he was coming back to haunt, btw Des are you hearing things that go bump in the night yet?

I havent had the chance to really say hi to all and intro myself. I am currently deployed with the Aussie Defence Force and I dont get to spend a lot of time on here as you would probably understand. We are not permitted to indicate where we are deployed.

I am Jeremy aka Jezza, Earnie's youngest son, firstly I can assure you that Dad would be quited humbled about this, probably to the point of being embarrassed about all the fuss. I personally am lost for words and think it is a wonderful gesture,...thank you.

I have been useing Dads handle here for a while and did contact Dan about how to change it, but being a "grunt" aka an Infantry Soldier, I cant work out how to do it..lol.

I cant decide whether to keep the name, alter it or retire it, so I have decided to be guided by what people here think.

Earnie had a very dry sense of humour, a few weeks after his service, his memorial plaque had been placed on the wall in the local cremitorium gardens, we had no idea what would be on it as he prearranged it all. When we first seen it we just laughed and laughed, the bottom line reads "told 'em I was sick",that was classic Earnie, my best mate and a wonderful dad.

cheers and Go Manly.

G'day Jeremy (Jezza),

I wouldn't be alarmed if your Dad had risen, I'd just remind him to get his footy tips in!

His memorial plaque is hilarious. I've heard the joke before but have never known anyone to have actually used it.

As for changing the name, etc it's really up to you but as you've asked I see it in a couple of ways:

Keeping it: It's easier with nothing to change. We will still be reminded of the wonderful Earnie when you post.

Changing it: Retiring a name is also a good memorial. We also have the Last fan Standing competition now in his honour. (If Chip and Chase ever gets his act together lol, Kidding c and c).

Also, you can join up under your own name. It's free and easy (Like Dan) and your Dad's account is 'preserved' and we get to interact with you as you which we would like to do even though as you say you cant be a regular. But maybe you're not even a Manly supporter??? lol -cough

So again, it's entirely up to you. If I had to "vote" I'd say get your own account, preserve you Dad's and say Hi when you can!

But I am but a lowly worm on this forum so it's up to you!

On another note: Your Dad and I emailed a few times and had spoken about you so it's a real honour for me to see you post here. Without trying to sound too mushy, you and your mates have my thanks and gratitude. Now keep your bloody head down!! (Best wishes to your Mum too.)

Earnie the Eagle said:
Please dont be alarmed everyone, Dad has not risen, although he did say he had a list of people that had pissed him off during his life that he was coming back to haunt, btw Des are you hearing things that go bump in the night yet?

I havent had the chance to really say hi to all and intro myself. I am currently deployed with the Aussie Defence Force and I dont get to spend a lot of time on here as you would probably understand. We are not permitted to indicate where we are deployed.

I am Jeremy aka Jezza, Earnie's youngest son, firstly I can assure you that Dad would be quited humbled about this, probably to the point of being embarrassed about all the fuss. I personally am lost for words and think it is a wonderful gesture,...thank you.

I have been useing Dads handle here for a while and did contact Dan about how to change it, but being a "grunt" aka an Infantry Soldier, I cant work out how to do it..lol.

I cant decide whether to keep the name, alter it or retire it, so I have decided to be guided by what people here think.

Earnie had a very dry sense of humour, a few weeks after his service, his memorial plaque had been placed on the wall in the local cremitorium gardens, we had no idea what would be on it as he prearranged it all. When we first seen it we just laughed and laughed, the bottom line reads "told 'em I was sick",that was classic Earnie, my best mate and a wonderful dad.

cheers and Go Manly.

G'day Jezza,

It's great seeing your Dad's account popping up every once in a while. :)

As for your Dad's account, I'm not fussed on which way that you go except that if you do decide to keep using your Dad's handle then maybe in the signature section under where you have "His spirit lives on.:angel:", you could put "Jezza, son of Earnie".

In the mean time, whilst you're deployed, take care, stay safe and as globaleagle has said, keep your bloody head down!!

Jezza, I assume that you are the son that Earnie managed to brainwash, I mean convert, to follow Manly. That other brother of yours didn't seem to keen on the whole Sea Eagles thing. LOL.

Anyway welcome aboard, if you have half the passion of your old man then you'll fit right in. As for the little honour we have bestowed on your Dad by naming the Last Fan Standing competition after him, you can thank the good wishes and generosity of some of the posters here who interacted with your Dad and wanted to do something to remember him by. Not the least of which was @globaleagle. So don't forget to get a tip in for the comp, and maybe if your old man is looking down on you he might guide you all the way to the signed Cliffy jersey.

As far as a name change goes, then that is up to you. It's nice to see the Earnie name pop up still, but you are your own man so do what ever suits you. If you decide to change it and need help then send me a Private Message (PM) and I can help you sort it out.

Stay safe.

Bumping this thread up as a reminder that we will be kicking off the 2014 LFS comp in about 2 weeks time.

I am hoping that everyone is familiar with the process of how the comp operates. If not have a quick look over last years LFS thread

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-Last-Fan-Standing-Comp-OPEN?highlight=last+fan+standing

You can also ask any questions here and I will answer them.

This year's prize is a Geoff Toovey signed '96 Retro jersey, which should appear below if the computer Gods are on my side.

Chip and Chase said:
Bumping this thread up as a reminder that we will be kicking off the 2014 LFS comp in about 2 weeks time.

I am hoping that everyone is familiar with the process of how the comp operates. If not have a quick look over last years LFS thread

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-Last-Fan-Standing-Comp-OPEN?highlight=last+fan+standing

You can also ask any questions here and I will answer them.

This year's prize is a Geoff Toovey signed '96 Retro jersey, which should appear below if the computer Gods are on my side.

lol....looks like the computer gods are on their side!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2