Aus v Pak 2022 Test Series

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm here...where are you?

lol.

Coverage started at 10pm in this series and so i'm only around for a few overs and then I'm zonked.
Also 'willow tv' seems to be run for the east Indians (or Indians as you would say) because about two overs in, they decided to cut to someone going through all the people chosen for the Rajasthan Royals in the IPL..!!

So coverage of the game was cut for 20 or so minutes while we had to listen to the ramblings of some guy. totally unprofessional, but they are playing to their audience so they think.

An interesting fact and/or psa (public service announcement) that I remembered when typing the East Indian / Indian comment:

In north america, people from Pakistan, and the wider community, consider the word 'Paki' a highly charged racist term (like the N-word). It was interesting to find that out because I didn't think that Pakistani's in aust thought that was a bad word. I guess here, history has used it in the way the n-word has been.

Note: I'm not having a go at anyone or entering politics - just suggesting that if you travel to Nth america, don't have it printed on a t-shirt (lol) and that it was interesting to find that out.

cricket!
- a draw 'yawn' Maybe they need to get some experience in pitch preparation. I wonder how the one dayers and the T-20 are going to go?
A bloke got kicked out of a test match in Australia last time they were here for having the word 'Paki' on his sign in the crowd.

Great final day of cricket that. Sorry @wombatgc , I was watching but didn’t think to be on here at the same time!

I thought we were a bit unlucky not to get the win, but Babar was incredible and our dropped catches hurt.

Lyon bowled so well, as did Cummins.

Starc bowled well in the first innings, but did nothing in the last innings. Didn’t look threatening. I’d bring Hazlewood back for the last test, or Scotty Boland.

Swepson was also ok, I thought. Just needed to perhaps bowl a little bit slower and get a bit more flight.

So tomorrows the start of the third test. Is it too much to ask that we see a blade of green grass on the pitch….something. Just not another draw.
Good to see Rawalpindi taken off the rest of the tour (one dayers and T20 games), because of politics.

Interesting.

I wonder if there's much substance or if it is the stigma of Pakistan players being caught betting on occasion?

Jeez, I didn’t realise Mark Waugh had such a huge hooter. (Yes that’s my take away from the first session).

Khawaja once again standing tall with another 50. Easily our best batter this series. Smith doing well. They’ve managed to did their way out of the shiithouse start we had.

So day 2s off and running. I reckon 350 would be a good get on this pitch.
Do you reckon those bloody horns are electronic? The Paki fans surely can’t be blowing them normally. They start from the minute the players take the field to end of stumps. It was 36c yesterday and looking the same for today. These are the big questions that need to be answered.

lucky....

Hasan Ali to Carey, no run, Carey's been given out. He reviews. He was given out caught-behind, but in fact there's no bat involved and it has actually flicked the off stump on the way to the keeper. How bizarre. A yorker length delivery, Carey misses it completely, and the bails stay intact as it clips the stump

(cricbuzz)

Phew!!!

7EB12FE0-F23C-4E5A-A182-8E5BC4A88486.png

Green and Carey have done well so far. The pitch seems to have flattened out a bit as yesterday there was a lot of uneven bounce. @wombatgc i would have agreed with you earlier that 350 was a good first innings total on this pitch, but I think we should be greedier now!

Green and Carey have done well so far. The pitch seems to have flattened out a bit as yesterday there was a lot of uneven bounce. @wombatgc i would have agreed with you earlier that 350 was a good first innings total on this pitch, but I think we should be greedier now!
Yeah, as soon as I started thinking Green and Carey could get a 100 each, the mock took effect. Bang,Bang. Anything we get now will be a bonus. Hopefully the tail will wag. Bloody Naseems got it reversing all over the place.

So day 2s off and running. I reckon 350 would be a good get on this pitch.
Do you reckon those bloody horns are electronic? The Paki fans surely can’t be blowing them normally. They start from the minute the players take the field to end of stumps. It was 36c yesterday and looking the same for today. These are the big questions that need to be answered.
The kids must have Thorpies lung capacity. Pretty cool Pakistani dresses. Grandpas probably gone completely deaf by now.

29E330EF-9326-40DC-96C3-25D71A84B89B.png

I wouldn't mind knowing some more deets on this one! (not this series but posting here shall do I reckon.)

Jason Roy, the England batter, has been handed a two-match ban which is suspended for 12 months subject to good behaviour while he has also been asked to pay a fine of GBP 2,500 by March 31.

The ECB has not revealed the reasons for sanctions apart from stating that Roy "has admitted a charge of conducting himself in a manner which may be prejudicial to the interests of cricket or which may bring the game of cricket, the ECB and himself into disrepute, in breach of ECB Directive 3.3."

Usually, the Cricket Discipline Committee (CDC) - the body which conducts disciplinary proceedings - publish full written reasons for any action taken. Their guidelines do, however, allow them to refrain from doing so when the CDC determines that "for any reason that it is appropriate that they should only be published in part or not published at all."

Bugger it. Lunch time. Well if we’re not going to get any wickets on Pakistans holy day, then I’m getting in the time capsule putting it in reverse to when we had a bloody great time on the same holy day. Maybe they should put this on while they’re having lunch.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4