Aus v Pak 2022 Test Series

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Phew. Got thru those two overs. How good has the camaraderie been between both sides.
‘This is a classic shot of the last ball between Warner and Afridi .If I was a sports editor I’d have this pic full back page.(but I’m not, so it can go here on Silvertails.)

9C897994-EADD-4311-8428-1971461023D2.png

I was a young fast bowler in the late 90s and would watch McGrath bowl all day - together with Beaver, Pigeon was my childhood hero. So I don't say this lightly: Cummins is McGrath's equal, albeit that McGrath did what he did over many, many years. I never saw D.K. Lillee play, but if he was better than McGrath and Cummins, far out he must have been good to watch!

Phew. Got thru those two overs. How good has the camaraderie been between both sides.
‘This is a classic shot of the last ball.If I was a sports editor I’d have this pic full back page.(but I’m not, so it can go here on Silvertails.)

View attachment 20585
That was hilarious and it was good to see a few laughs at the end of the day.

Warner has mellowed, hasn't he? He needed to, that's for sure.

That was hilarious and it was good to see a few laughs at the end of the day.

Warner has mellowed, hasn't he? He needed to, that's for sure.
How was his "No Run " calls. Cummins and labuschagne up in the box pissing themselves laughing.

I was a young fast bowler in the late 90s and would watch McGrath bowl all day - together with Beaver, Pigeon was my childhood hero. So I don't say this lightly: Cummins is McGrath's equal, albeit that McGrath did what he did over many, many years. I never saw D.K. Lillee play, but if he was better than McGrath and Cummins, far out he must have been good to watch!
When we were kids we used to have contests to see who could do the Dennis Lillee bowling approach, and then the steely glare he’d give batsman if they had the audacity to hit him for four. And Jeff Thompson was like a wild man.
I was a bit worried that the captaincy might have a negative effect on Cummins bowling. How wrong can one be!

That was a great c&b by cummings!

fmd - Carey and smith really, really have to sort themselves out in the wk and 1st slip life.
It's seriously terrible.
Smith standing in front is a debacle and almost everyone thinks so.

It's like that ill fated time when Eng wicketkeepers tried to take the ball in front of the wicket during run out chances - it looked and was stupid.

watched these highlights...fyi

4/166 so far. We get Babar out, and then hopefully go on and clean their tail up like the first innings…..we’ve got this I reckon. Our bowlers plus Khawaja have been brilliant.

Wow! How did Babar not go upstairs with that decision. Rizwan was the last decent batter Pakistan had. Now Babar is in the same boat as the first innings, stuck with a five man bowling attack attempting to win the game.

Wow! How did Babar not go upstairs with that decision. Rizwan was the last decent batter Pakistan had. Now Babar is in the same boat as the first innings, stuck with a five man bowling attack attempting to win the game.
I think Babar wanted to save the review for himself!

What a win for Australia!! Khawaja and Cummins were incredible. Was also happy for Lyon today, he deserved a 5 wicket haul.

I must admit, I was pretty peeved when Langer got the boot, but credit where credit is due to the players. The only thing they could do was perform on the park to show that the right call was made, and that is what they did.

What a win! Well done to both teams, played in great spirit throughout.

The only downside…….a bloody Parra supporter in the crowd.lol

661ECD1D-870E-472B-A6FD-92321B94837D.png

I think Babar wanted to save the review for himself!

What a win for Australia!! Khawaja and Cummins were incredible. Was also happy for Lyon today, he deserved a 5 wicket haul.

I must admit, I was pretty peeved when Langer got the boot, but credit where credit is due to the players. The only thing they could do was perform on the park to show that the right call was made, and that is what they did.

Cummins is a hell of a bowler. And yes a great win, so tough to play over there.
I never quite got the angst over Langer myself. Surely a coach in cricket is not the boss, like in footy, rather more of a support person? I get that he was brought in to repair the 'culture' after Sandpapergate, the greatest shame on Australia since underarm, but big deal, that was years ago, and Payne quit in disgrace anyway so it's a new captain, best to let him set the culture now anyway.

Cummins is a hell of a bowler. And yes a great win, so tough to play over there.
I never quite got the angst over Langer myself. Surely a coach in cricket is not the boss, like in footy, rather more of a support person? I get that he was brought in to repair the 'culture' after Sandpapergate, the greatest shame on Australia since underarm, but big deal, that was years ago, and Payne quit in disgrace anyway so it's a new captain, best to let him set the culture now anyway.
What I really like about Cummins is even with all the horrific injuries he has sustained over the years, is his resilience to keep going, his never say die attitude. You don’t see too many fast bowler/captains in the game. Just shows how special he is.

Very happy for Usman to have done so well in this latest recall to the Test team.

Usi's success like that of Scott Boland will hopefully encourage young Australian players of all backgrounds to know they can make it to the highest levels. He's always been a class act, so congrats to him.

I understand that perspective with Langer.

For me, it was more the fact that he was hung out to dry by Cricket Australia after he did a lot to clean up and restore pride after Sandpapergate. It's also my perception that he cared about Australian cricket more than the players, which is probably why I had empathy for him when it seemed the players had turned on him. Add to that, a 6 month contract extension, I just think he was insulted and deserved to be treated much better (not necessarily with a contract extension though - if he was to be axed, axe him and don't lead him down the garden path).

I don't think a comparison with how badly our Club treated Tooves is too far from the mark.

Great to finally get a win.

The last wicket was a good ole two stump knock down..woohoo

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4