Australia Should Be a Republic!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know nothing thats laughable champ. You know your out of your depth here.

It must be hard being 18/19 and knowing everything The weight of the world on your shoulders already.

Now lets have a look at this according to your logic.

First of all lets clear up the definition of race

==============
# A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
# A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.
# A genealogical line; a lineage.
# Humans considered as a group.
===========================

I think that sums up Australians as a race.

2 - The party in power is the Liberal party. If we were to become a republic this year or within the next 3 years then the liberal party would be in power and you can assume therefore john howard would be the said leader.

Now if you want to continue to argue your baseless points then i am afraid you should take them elsewhere. Next time you want to offend me and tell me i know nothing you should do some research first.

Now let me also dispell your immediate comeback to this befre you have time to formulate it.

I understand that points 1 & 3 of the definitions don't necesarrily represent australia the others do.

Now shall I repeat you and say ehem... You know nothing.

Now stop trying to argue with your elders and obviously more experienced and intelligents as well. If you want an argument more on your level of understanding and knowledge you know the address to ME.

bye bye

Oh and on top of that when I said to CW that he is against howard, it was of course a passing satirical comment, but for one being so wrapped in a lower form of wit (sarcasm) you would have missed that.

now trot along with the rest of the common herd!

You know how it is with teenagers Dan. They think they know everything and hormones blind them to common logic.

Might be a marketing ploy from Clearasil perhaps?

Genetic commonality = convicts. :lol:

Just as well us immigrants injected some class to the gene pool.

I think c_eagle should spend some time on wikipedia.com and perhaps invest in websters dictionary.

I wonder how much it will hurt him when he finds out all the "kowledg" he has amounts to nothing. his parents spent too much money having a private school ween him off their teet when he could have learnt a lot more about life and general knowledge simply by having an interest and researching things

It must be hard being 18/19 and knowing everything The weight of the world on your shoulders already.

==============
# A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
# A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution: the German race.

2 - The party in power is the Liberal party. If we were to become a republic this year or within the next 3 years then the liberal party would be in power and you can assume therefore john howard would be the said leader.

Now if you want to continue to argue your baseless points then i am afraid you should take them elsewhere. Next time you want to offend me and tell me i know nothing you should do some research first.

Now let me also dispell your immediate comeback to this befre you have time to formulate it.

I understand that points 1 & 3 of the definitions don't necesarrily represent australia the others do.

Now stop trying to argue with your elders and obviously more experienced and intelligents as well. If you want an argument more on your level of understanding and knowledge you know the address to ME.

bye bye

Fire Up Bathurst Panthers.

That's incorrect. Just because a party is in power, doesn't mean that the "said leader" is automatically promoted to president. As CW said, he would suggest minimal changes. At the moment, John Howard effectively has as much power as any other MP, he's the member for Bennelong. The amount of sway he has in the party room is more to do with his influence than his actual position. The equivalent of the president is the governor general. A ribbon cutter.

The American political system isn't even comparible with our system, where the president is the leader of a country and essentially has autonomous power. The President of many countries, including the method of Republic which was denied via a referundum in 2001 is this ribbon cutting position. Howard would stay PM and a 3rd party would come in and become the President, someone like a Major General Jeffrey. This is the kind of system CW was talking about. You know nothing.

Grabbing a definition from Dictionary.com doesn't prove what a race is in scientific terms. Maybe you should have done YOUR research.

"A subspecies (race) is a distinct evolutionary lineage within a species. This definition requires that a subspecies be genetically differentiated due to barriers to genetic exchange that have persisted for long periods of time; that is, the subspecies must have historical continuity in addition to current genetic differentiation."

Australia is not a race. It's a fact.

Your little youth/arrogance claim was really cute (gosh, I'm using that word with you in mind alot, I wonder why.)

[quote author=Daniel]

That's incorrect. Just because a party is in power, doesn't mean that the "said leader" is automatically promoted to president. As CW said, he would suggest minimal changes. At the moment, John Howard effectively has as much power as any other MP, he's the member for Bennelong. The amount of sway he has in the party room is more to do with his influence than his actual position. The equivalent of the president is the governor general. A ribbon cutter.

The American political system isn't even comparible with our system, where the president is the leader of a country and essentially has autonomous power. The President of many countries, including the method of Republic which was denied via a referundum in 2001 is this ribbon cutting position. Howard would stay PM and a 3rd party would come in and become the President, someone like a Major General Jeffrey. This is the kind of system CW was talking about. You know nothing.

Grabbing a definition from Dictionary.com doesn't prove what a race is in scientific terms. Maybe you should have done YOUR research.

"A subspecies (race) is a distinct evolutionary lineage within a species. This definition requires that a subspecies be genetically differentiated due to barriers to genetic exchange that have persisted for long periods of time; that is, the subspecies must have historical continuity in addition to current genetic differentiation."

Australia is not a race. It's a fact.

Your little youth/arrogance claim was really cute (gosh, I'm using that word with you in mind alot, I wonder why.)
[/quote]

You really are showing your ignorance.

A definition has nothing to do with science. By the pure dictionary defenition Australians are a race. Sorry champ according to
1 - Websters dictionary
2- Dictionary.om
3 - Wikipediapedia.com

and a million other places.

You are wrong and as much as it pains you. You need to stop arguing with BS and start facing the facts. i find it amusing that you dare lock horns with me on a subject you clearly have a text book view on.

Australians are a race. - FACT

My howard comments stands as what it was a satirical retrospective comment made as a personal joke to CW.

you are again wrong because there is no set precedent for this topic and even if there were ne suitable it could not be satisfactoraly applied to the australian political system.

Now you can use the "cute" comment all you want. It wont change the fact you are wrong, and showing your age and lack of wisdom. one can only hope that the spoilt private school boy is taken out of you one day so that you can blend with society rather than riding through on a white horse of ignorance.

By the way the "scientific definition" is an absolutely non-sensical argument. Its time you dropped this false veil of knowledge and actually show me a precedent or cite somethin factual!

----
oh as further evidence in support of my argument e: race.

If you say something say about a french people you would be labelled a what??? a RACIST

If you said something about Americans you would be labelled a what? A RACIST

If you said something about Australians you would be labelled what? Not a racist??? no you would be called a RACIST

You really are showing your ignorance.

A definition has nothing to do with science. By the pure dictionary defenition Australians are a race. Sorry champ according to
1 - Websters dictionary
2- Dictionary.om
3 - Wikipediapedia.com

and a million other places.

You are wrong and as much as it pains you. You need to stop arguing with BS and start facing the facts. i find it amusing that you dare lock horns with me on a subject you clearly have a text book view on.

Australians are a race. - FACT

My howard comments stands as what it was a satirical retrospective comment made as a personal joke to CW.

you are again wrong because there is no set precedent for this topic and even if there were ne suitable it could not be satisfactoraly applied to the australian political system.

Just a little on dictionary.com, Usage Note: The notion of race is nearly as problematic from a scientific point of view as it is from a social one. European physical anthropologists of the 17th and 18th centuries proposed various systems of racial classifications based on such observable characteristics as skin color, hair type, body proportions, and skull measurements, essentially codifying the perceived differences among broad geographic populations of humans. The traditional terms for these populationsCaucasoid (or Caucasian), Mongoloid, Negroid, and in some systems Australoidare now controversial in both technical and nontechnical usage, and in some cases they may well be considered offensive. (Caucasian does retain a certain currency in American English, but it is used almost exclusively to mean “white” or “European” rather than “belonging to the Caucasian race,” a group that includes a variety of peoples generally categorized as nonwhite.) The biological aspect of race is described today not in observable physical features but rather in such genetic characteristics as blood groups and metabolic processes, and the groupings indicated by these factors seldom coincide very neatly with those put forward by earlier physical anthropologists. Citing this and other pointssuch as the fact that a person who is considered black in one society might be nonblack in anothermany cultural anthropologists now consider race to be more a social or mental construct than an objective biological fact.

Now, can Australia, with it's social paradigm being about 40 years old, since the official multicultural policy was put into place, be considered a race, considering such a large percentage of our country's inhabitants cling to their previous culture? The traditional definition of race is a biological one, i.e. race is based on pure genetics and aesthetics, the only true races considered were Caucasian, Mongoloid and Negroid. While these racial barriers have been deconstructed in the late 20th century, Australia's relative youth and obvious lack of individuality and cultural solidarity would mean to most that it doesn't qualify to be a race. As I said, we aren't a race.

I understood your Howard comment, which is great, you found a medium to convey your terrific sense of humour but it still doesn't disprove my point. There is no guarantee that Howard's power would increase, in fact, the chances are negligible.

oh as further evidence in support of my argument e: race.

If you say something say about a french people you would be labelled a what??? a RACIST

If you said something about Americans you would be labelled a what? A RACIST

If you said something about Australians you would be labelled what? Not a racist??? no you would be called a RACIST
That's evidence? Since when is colloquialism considered evidence?

what a bunch of crap buddy.

We never discussed the scientific meaning, if anything your quotes simply prove my point. There is no 1 meaninG. there is evidence for both sides of the argument. neither is incorrect necesarrily but to say Australia is not a race is just incorrect since there is clar evidence in MANY definitions that a group based on geographics can be called a race. You are using an old definition to argue against it.

And by the way colloquialisms can be used as evidence since the use of them are what makes the language evolve and grow. If it is listed as a definition in All the dictionaries that I can find then quite simply it is FACT.

Until you are able to see fact and argue with some sense instead of stepping around the point and evidence, then its hardly worth my time.

Quite simply:
Race does not specifically depend on genetics, skin colour or appearance.
Race is today primarily a sociological designation and some commonalities of culture and history..

You seem to feel that you need to define race as having some form of ethnicity.
Until you can see fact for what it is and see the various cites I have listed again its not worth my time.

[quote author=Daniel]

==============

bye bye

Fire Up Bathurst Panthers.

[/quote]

I may be missing something here Volley, but what does Bathurst Panthers have to do with this little handbag fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8