Backup plan for Snake...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
niccipops said:
HappilyManly said:
Makes no difference how many year's contract Snake has left, every year we see less and less of him on the field. I wasn't suggesting that Snake is mentally spent, just physically.

2v was right not to play him against the Sharks, as after the Rabbids game, Snake was not running freely in the GF :(

Saw it with Gibbsy and Luke Phillips in the past :angel:
I get a little defensive of Snake so please don't think I'm arguing. I do understand he's injured a lot and agree he wasn't his fittest in the GF. Are you suggesting that the club might push Snake into retirement as of now? Sounds a bit nuts to me. He was gold on many occasions this year and he has months to heal.

No - Im not suggesting anything untoward - calm down :)

We are merely discussing who is Snake's potential backup, as his injuries are catching up to him too frequently now.

Those of us old enough to have seen Johnny Gibbs' and Luke Phillips' untimely exit are just fearing a repeat of the same scenario.
The Player's body giving out - not the Player nor the Club nor the Fans want this :exclamation:- its merely a physical limitation of being flesh and bone:(

HappilyManly said:
No - Im not suggesting anything untoward - calm down :)

We are merely discussing who is Snake's potential backup, as his injuries are catching up to him too frequently now.

Those of us old enough to have seen Johnny Gibbs' and Luke Phillips' untimely exit are just fearing a repeat of the same scenario.
The Player's body giving out - not the Player nor the Club nor the Fans want this :exclamation:- its merely a physical limitation of being flesh and bone:(
I do remember Johnny Gibbs playing when I was a kid. Probably wasn't old enough to know the impact or extent of injuries back then.
Just used to turn up to Brookie and scream my head off for Manly with the family.
Much older now. Even more obsessed with Manly and want to know every detail of everything the second it happens. I'm also out in the bush with the wallabies and possums so I get most of my Manly updates through Silvertails.
Thanks Silvertails.:heart:
As for Brett I know he won't last forever but I honestly think and hope there's quite a bit of magic yet to come.
I haven't seen anything of Gutherson yet but he sounds very promising and I like Hiku a lot.
But long live the Snake.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
MK Eagle said:
... How many games did Brett play in 2012 & 2013??
At a guess... a lot more than in 2009 and 2010.
Really - that makes it so much better.
Only helps support the idea that solid backup is needed in this position.
@ Niccipops - all good - Brett is the best so understand the support & theres no doubt of his dedication to Manly, I know he also knocked back a massive Illawarra offer to stay, his dedication will never be questioned, but his physical ability can only go through so much. Personally I wish he could stay healthy for the next 5 years but in reality we need to look at alternatives...

Donny Singe was answering a few questions on Facebook last night and i asked him the following about snake.

Q: One last question Donny ,sorry mate.
Will Brett Stewart have problems with his hamstrings the rest of his career? I rate him our most important player in attack, and also in the way he directs the defence.
A: Paul you are right about Snakes contribution and no his hamstrings are not problems as such ,as you saw this year, they are fine mate but the amount he puts into games and the type of game strategie we play can leave him sore.He reaches some freakish speeds out there, but no no career affecting problems with his hamstrings. good night mate, you sound calmer about the refs! I like that.

MK Eagle said:
Firstly I will state Snake is not only my favourite Seaeagles player but THE most important player at Manly.
The thing is, his legs seem to be getting worse & quickly.
Anyone who has had major knee injuries will know they effect strength, balance , speed & confidence, plus have a snowball effect on other areas including hamstrings & back(though Knees contributed to his injury this year).
Brett has done a better job than most estimate with the amount of serious injury issues he takes into every game but this has become a major problem.
That GF Snake was 60% at best & while everyone points fingers at where it went wrong, I dare say having Brett at 100% we win regardless.
The problem is even when Snake plays now he is only ever half fit & though we have to milk every last game this champion can muster, its time to look to the future.
Theres Gutherson & Hiku - who will take over???
As we have seen Hiku is a tough reliable type but lacks the creativity, pace & positional play of Stewart. He is whole hearted, strong & good under the high ball.
Gutherson has good pace & vision, the potential is there to create his own name & can adequately fill in on the wing, but maybe a year away to earn the 1 jersey.
There may be a tragic day where this becomes a permanent option by 2014, who do you think is the best option??

I've heard it said, and it's true I'm sure, though I have absolutely no first hand experience *cough*, that one of the best back up plans for snake is a tube of KY and a website called redtube.

I hope Brett sees out his contract and enjoys the next few seasons injury free after a well rested off season. I wonder if he'd consider changing his diet to Wolfies? Could be worth trying for a month or two to see what results he gets with his injuries etc.

mozgrame said:
I've heard it said, and it's true I'm sure, though I have absolutely no first hand experience *cough*, that one of the best back up plans for snake is a tube of KY and a website called redtube.

I hope Brett sees out his contract and enjoys the next few seasons injury free after a well rested off season. I wonder if he'd consider changing his diet to Wolfies? Could be worth trying for a month or two to see what results he gets with his injuries etc.

Probably has his own finely tuned diet cause of diabetes etc.

bones said:
Donny Singe was answering a few questions on Facebook last night and i asked him the following about snake.

Will Brett Stewart have problems with his hamstrings the rest of his career? I rate him our most important player in attack, and also in the way he directs the defence.
A: Paul you are right about Snakes contribution and no his hamstrings are not problems as such ,as you saw this year, they are fine mate but the amount he puts into games and the type of game strategie we play can leave him sore.He reaches some freakish speeds out there, but no no career affecting problems with his hamstrings. good night mate, you sound calmer about the refs! I like that.
Bones I could only like that post once but I triple like that post.

bones said:

Thanks for asking Mr Bones. Always appreciate a bit more info than one can get off the website. Minus 10,000 cred points for being calmer about the refs! Report to Donny for preseason hill training.

Is Joshua Robinson still signed with us? I know he's still only young but in a few years he could be in the mix, we definitely would'nt lose anything in speed with him at the back.

bones said:

Just thought I'd bump this up.

I'd play Delroy Berryman he used to play Fullack Wing and centre, he has blistering speed and knows how to find the tryline.
Our side lacks pace and he has it in spades.

StuBoot said:
bones said:

Just thought I'd bump this up.

I thought about this at the game last night after Snake went of again. Either I was misled, or they didn't see what happened last night coming. I read somewhere recently where Tooves also said Brett's hamstrings are 100%. I guess we shouldn't believe everything the club says.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2