Bad mistakes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We simply made sloppy errors at crucial times. The Tom bomb, Aloiai error fmd, Hamole obstruction call, Josh horrible effort on Jerome Hughes, or Hamole laying at marker at tackle 5.
Questioning he either Suli or Walker need to start for strike, we are close but need more extra effort.
Wouldn't mind resting Walker and giving Sulli a bench posse, Sulli has impact no doubt about it. We have enough ball players anyway.

This game was very much like the loss against the panthers. It leaves me feeling like yes we lost but we can beat these guys.

Come the finals we will have a real go.
Interesting take. I felt more upside and optimism for us after the Storm game than the Penrith game. Penrith really suffocated us that game until we managed to make it a close contest in the last 15 or 20 minutes before Martin scored. But no doubt, in that early-season run of form from Penrith, us and Melbourne were the ones that tested them the most.

Bad mistakes?
If no one made mistakes, games would be pretty boring.

Pressure, fatigue, luck, rub of the green, injuries….

Take your pick.

The ebbs and flows of sport, that’s why we love it.

So Tom dropped a bomb that led to a try, can’t remember last time he did. He’s well in front on the ledger.

Last edited:
All Storm points were directly from our mistakes.
Croker dropped ball early which leads to their first try.
Turbo dropped ball for a try.
Aloiai dropping the ball for a try.
4th try from a poor missed tackle by Schuster and a lucky bounce.
Chez kicking dead twice (unlucky)
Garrick throwing the ball away after a break.
Harper running out.
We can't afford to complete so poorly in these big games come semis time.
I understand there will be errors but these are all unforced errors that could very easily be avoided. We didn't deserve to win. We definitely have the game plan and team to beat them but will need to improve in our completion rate.
A young squad that many of would have be overawed with the occasion
The ball didn't bounce for us almost all game
We did not get an even rub of the green

I wasn't surprised or unhappy with our performance.

It was an invaluable experience, they did good, and we will learn from it and do better next time.

Bellyache knows we are coming for them.

Put the sword to the Squeels this weekend even without Sippers and Tent. Damned shame Kelpie won't be there.

Onward and upward for this squad.

Bad mistakes?
If no one made mistakes, games would be pretty boring.

Pressure, fatigue, luck, rub of the green, injuries….

Take your pick.

The ebbs and flows of sport, that’s why we love it.

So Tom dropped a bomb that led to a try, can’t remember last time he did. He’s well in front on the ledger.
Glad you're not coach. With a 67% completion rate, oh well mistakes happen. As I mentioned they were mostly unforced errors! That's the worry and it's a big problem we need to resolve. We have the worst completions rate in the comp!

Glad you're not coach. With a 67% completion rate, oh well mistakes happen. As I mentioned they were mostly unforced errors! That's the worry and it's a big problem we need to resolve. We have the worst completions rate in the comp!
Flanno had an interesting take on completion rates in the pregame yesterday. Apparently us and Easts have poor completion rates yet the bulldogs are one of the best. He went on to say that in the modern game success comes from expansive play and chancing your arm, inevitably errors are part of that. If you focus too much on completing sets you can become robotic, predictable and tend not to move the ball. I think more of the focus should be eliminating the errors on basic plays and in certain parts of the field. I think we def have the blueprint to beat Melb and Penrith we just need to get the balance a bit better. Too many errors on the weekend, sone very basic (croker, Parker, alioai) and on tackle 1 and 2 in our own end. And there were more than that too

Anyone else think it looked like Tom was attempting to catch the bomb in a position that would allow him to land in the field of play? He turns his back in a kinda half spin. Again, that's probably pressure Melbourne put players under. He is not thinking, catch the ball, he is thinking catch the ball and avoid giving away a repeat set at all costs; it ultimately led to the try.

In future, I think it's best that Tom plays % and just worries about catching the ball.

Better to have got that performance out of their systems now and not in the big games at the end of the year. At least they now know that they are good enough to beat Melbourne without the errors. They showed grit and hung in their which is a great start.

Flanno had an interesting take on completion rates in the pregame yesterday. Apparently us and Easts have poor completion rates yet the bulldogs are one of the best. He went on to say that in the modern game success comes from expansive play and chancing your arm, inevitably errors are part of that. If you focus too much on completing sets you can become robotic, predictable and tend not to move the ball. I think more of the focus should be eliminating the errors on basic plays and in certain parts of the field. I think we def have the blueprint to beat Melb and Penrith we just need to get the balance a bit better. Too many errors on the weekend, sone very basic (croker, Parker, alioai) and on tackle 1 and 2 in our own end. And there were more than that too
Yeah, I made a similar point in another post, Dogs at the top with 80% (along with scum) we're at the bottom with 70% with the roosters not much better, as you said if you make the errors on the 1st or 2nd tackle in your own 20/30mts against the top teams you'll get punished as we did on Sat night

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8