Barrett’s bombshell for Manly fans!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whilst the lunatics assure us Yeah Nah isn't under pressure there's no doubt he is.

Journo's have a habit of stretching the truth and he may have only said part of what is printed, but if true it's really showing us that the pressure is very real.

I feel sorry for the poor bastard , just a puppet in all things but now copping the crap that goes with it!

As soon as it is being reported that you have the backing of the board, or in our case the backing of Bozo and some mobile phone company ZtC its time to at least collect some card board boxes. Isn't it.

Baz really seems likeable enough.

It's the way we are playing with him being listed as our coach which is impossible to like..

I have genuinely felt sorry for Baz at different stages this year.

I support this club and want what is in the clubs bests interests.

All this talk he isn't making decisions! Bozo is.

Someone has to be accountable.

I now find it impossible to feel sorry for an imposter.

If they take a job knowing their role is to do nothing but collect the glory and honours if things go good, but are willing to take the wrap and humiliation if things go bad.

In the words of Baz our coach himself. That imposter coach, "will finish where they deserve."

This looks to be a Zorba-inspired piece through a RLW stooge. Coach says 'nothing wrong with my preparation -come witness a training to see the proof'. Which means the blame lays at the players' feet for failing to execute on gameday! It's all about defending Zorba and Bozo's choice of coach. The rhetoric's completely changed from pre-season where the propaganda machine touted Bozo as our saviour and Barrett as a budding genius! More spin than a Warney doozra!

I'll second that great article. Can't wait to hear the dribble from some on here when we start winning games. I can see it now after we win on Monday night Barrett will still get bagged because we should have won by more. Can't please some

Are you guys delusional?? Have you seen the crap we are dishing up as a team this season. We are 1 game away from our worst ever losing streak, THE WORST EVER IN THE CLUBS HISTORY!!!!. The private owners of our great club made the stupid decision to hand over the future of our club during one of the most important transitional periods in our history to a rookie coach with ZERO first grade NRL experience, and a howler of a coaching record in the lower grades. As a result we are staring down the barrel of 8 losses in a row.

These same private owners systematically dismantled a backroom team that was the envy of a lot of clubs and signed the discard trainers and ex coaches from one of the most under performing franchises in the NRL the Titans. They made these stupid decision's so they can bloody well put up with the backlash that comes with the fact that blind freddy could see that it was stupid.

Second to that they (Zorba) orchestrated the greatest white anting job on a ultimate club legend with a barrage of leaks into the media and said that it was a results driven business, all whilst Toovey was struggling with a similar injury toll, however now those same issues are used as excuses for this seasons failings ad nauseam. I am not stupid enough to think that Toovey was our future, however why would you publicly humiliate and sack him to bring in an inexperienced ex player that had no success at any level playing or coaching to oversee this difficult transition, Toovey could have finished his contract after 2016 and we could have went into the market for a coach with a proven track record, the same way the Bulldogs did when they stole Hasler.

You guys speak like the winning is around the corner and we will all have egg on our faces. That makes me laugh. When did the GF winning start for Barrett during his career? When did the Titans finally click into gear and win? I will tell you when. When Barrett left St George they won and when Cartwright & Ferris left Titans they improved out of sight.

This isn't about our players, we have a great roster and like Trent says they put in the effort every week, even Snake I am annoyed that his career is ending under this disgraceful display of coaching. This is about a shockingly poor coach and backroom staff that are so out of their depth it is comical.

Only for the Knights we would be heading for the saddest day in our great clubs history and you guys are upset and calling us sh it fans because we are questioning the management and coaching that has lead us to this??

You guys might be happy watching Barrett fumble his way through his career using our great club as a learning experience but i'm not cheering him on while he destroys it.
Zorba and Penn have handed a machine gun to a chimp and we are supposed to support them on making such a stupid decision? I don't think so.

What, a single play the ball? Really? I would have thought we had bigger issues to deal with. I'm even more worried now. :)
The article isn't written that well so the fact they've plucked quotes like that doesn't surprise me. It was probably said in the context of naming other problems.

The article isn't written that well so the fact they've plucked quotes like that doesn't surprise me. It was probably said in the context of naming other problems.

If he named all our problems it would have been a book rather than a newspaper article.

Spot on.
Are you guys delusional?? Have you seen the crap we are dishing up as a team this season. We are 1 game away from our worst ever losing streak, THE WORST EVER IN THE CLUBS HISTORY!!!!. The private owners of our great club made the stupid decision to hand over the future of our club during one of the most important transitional periods in our history to a rookie coach with ZERO first grade NRL experience, and a howler of a coaching record in the lower grades. As a result we are staring down the barrel of 8 losses in a row.

These same private owners systematically dismantled a backroom team that was the envy of a lot of clubs and signed the discard trainers and ex coaches from one of the most under performing franchises in the NRL the Titans. They made these stupid decision's so they can bloody well put up with the backlash that comes with the fact that blind freddy could see that it was stupid.

Second to that they (Zorba) orchestrated the greatest white anting job on a ultimate club legend with a barrage of leaks into the media and said that it was a results driven business, all whilst Toovey was struggling with a similar injury toll, however now those same issues are used as excuses for this seasons failings ad nauseam. I am not stupid enough to think that Toovey was our future, however why would you publicly humiliate and sack him to bring in an inexperienced ex player that had no success at any level playing or coaching to oversee this difficult transition, Toovey could have finished his contract after 2016 and we could have went into the market for a coach with a proven track record, the same way the Bulldogs did when they stole Hasler.

You guys speak like the winning is around the corner and we will all have egg on our faces. That makes me laugh. When did the GF winning start for Barrett during his career? When did the Titans finally click into gear and win? I will tell you when. When Barrett left St George they won and when Cartwright & Ferris left Titans they improved out of sight.

This isn't about our players, we have a great roster and like Trent says they put in the effort every week, even Snake I am annoyed that his career is ending under this disgraceful display of coaching. This is about a shockingly poor coach and backroom staff that are so out of their depth it is comical.

Only for the Knights we would be heading for the saddest day in our great clubs history and you guys are upset and calling us sh it fans because we are questioning the management and coaching that has lead us to this??

You guys might be happy watching Barrett fumble his way through his career using our great club as a learning experience but i'm not cheering him on while he destroys it.
Zorba and Penn have handed a machine gun to a chimp and we are supposed to support them on making such a stupid decision? I don't think so.

This is the most accurate piece that I have read on here. It is factual, needed and very welcome. Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Barrett.PNG

Whaddya think of my new deodorant?

Whilst the lunatics assure us Yeah Nah isn't under pressure there's no doubt he is.

Journo's have a habit of stretching the truth and he may have only said part of what is printed, but if true it's really showing us that the pressure is very real.

I feel sorry for the poor bastard , just a puppet in all things but now copping the crap that goes with it!

Why have sympathy for TB, everyone has been very aware of the rubbish going on at Manly over the last few years, it has been under the media microscope for all to see(including TB). He was either completely stupid or completely delusional taking on the gig. I have been offered highly paid jobs in the past and after doing some research have wisely declined. Most people like a challenge but you have to believe you have some chance of achieving something positive. Wayne & Belamy would have knocked back the Manly gig even if they had been promised the world

What is the point to this article? To me it is just yet another flush piece from the propaganda machine.

I have no doubt that Manly train but what kind of training is it etc, etc? Anyway, being invited to watch them train will make what difference to the results? I will give Barrett a well done on fan engagement though. But the issues are much bigger than this.

What is concerning though is that Penn, ZtH and Bozo are living in lala land and are taking zero responsibility for the wrong decisions they have so obviously made. Hiring Barrett and Cartwright, both having far from great coaching credentials was just ridiculous. So from a results driven business model, makes no sense what so ever.

Some of the decision making at the franchise is hypocritical and lacks well thought out business sense and a certain type of professionalism. So when the franchise speaks they lack credibility and integrity and it is hard to believe anything they say.

Also I wonder if ZtH would ever speak on camera and say the Manly fans and the long history of the MWRLFC is so very important and that success is the Manly way. And even though we have had a rough start to the year this is unacceptable and we are working hard to rectify this. Now that is called media PR 101, bringing all Manly people together with a united focus on success.

There is currently an attitude of arrogance and delusion permeating from the franchise and it is leaking into the team. They must first start with sorting that attitude out and then go on to address the player and coaching issues.

And please don't bull**** the fans, many of us were not born yesterday.

Last edited:

Don't hold back mate. Tell us what you really think :)

Just a minor detail on the Brooky training run...have they disclosed what time today it will be?

Or maybe we'll find out tomorrow...

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7