Barrett on 2sm radio now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Haha...if he came out and said "we are fked, hopefully we can beat Newcastle at some point to save us getting the wooden spoon"...
A few on here may start threads bagging TB cause he has no confidence in the team.

The bloke cannot win with you lot. Hopefully he can get us some wins on the park.

Haha...if he came out and said "we are fked, hopefully we can beat Newcastle at some point to save us getting the wooden spoon"...
A few on here may start threads bagging TB cause he has no confidence in the team.

The bloke cannot win with you lot. Hopefully he can get us some wins on the park.
Agreed, all this negative stuff in this thread aimed at supercoach Barrett is completely unfair. So far this season we have only lost 2 games, one by 4 points and the other by 5 points. We are 3:2 for this season so far, which puts us right in the thick of semi-final football at this rate.

Good times in 2017. :party:

Agreed, all this negative stuff in this thread aimed at supercoach Barrett is completely unfair. So far this season we have only lost 2 games, one by 4 points and the other by 5 points. We are 3:2 for this season so far, which puts us right in the thick of semi-final football at this rate.

giphy.gif

Bozo has issues with Barrett, big bust up late last year. The bloke from "Reading The Play" has said he won't last the year. Needs to win. Knives are out.

Bozo has issues with Barrett, big bust up late last year. The bloke from "Reading The Play" has said he won't last the year. Needs to win. Knives are out.
No way Bozo will be able to even slow down a ferry called Sea Eagle Express. Come to think of it, if Baz isn't on the ferry why would he......

I just listened to the interview and was pleased to hear him say that the left centre position is up for grabs. I was concerned that Matt Wright was a fait accompli.

From what Barrett said about Hastings - there is no doubt he will start with Blacktown as he hasn't been able to train much due to his surgery. It isn't a form thing, it's a fitness thing with him. I would suggest that by round 5 or 6, if Brown isn't having an impact off the bench, or Api isn't playing well - Hastings will come in.

I also picked up a clear indication that Myles will have to really perform this year or could find himself on the outer. He mentioned that for us to have a good season we really need to get the best out of Myles. I have a funny feeling that we will see a more productive and aggressive Myles this year.

He also mentioned the positive impact Green is already having on the team - as did Tom Wright in his member's zone interview. The big test is this translating on the field and I'd expect by round 5/6 this will have to be on song for us to really challenge for the top 8.

Sironen is guaranteed to start on the right edge - it's his to start with and let's hope he grabs the opportunity with both hands. He is the forward (out of our new recruits) that I think will have a break-out year.

I like him. Unlike the powers that be he is open and honest.
Right now I need a personality to care about due to the huge turnover. I'm down to the Turbos and TBaz with a pinch of Lussick.

Talking your team up before a game in public:
Potential Downsides:
Pressure on your own side
Puts other side on notice
Zero chance of other team being complacent
Potential Upsides:
Gives some forum posters a tingly feeling downstairs
They're professionals. It's their job to win. And it comes with the job title of sportsperson - competitive, desire to win. I don't get what you're saying.

Poor @Ralphie is gonna be so upset if we win a few games :rofl:

Talking your team up before a game in public:
Potential Downsides:
Pressure on your own side
Puts other side on notice
Zero chance of other team being complacent
Potential Upsides:
Gives some forum posters a tingly feeling downstairs
A measured response would be enough. You don't put them down but you still get a little tingle...

how about you cast your mind back to round 1 last year - everyone was talking us up against the bulldogs - but we didn't hear squat from des. And what happened - we got steamrolled from the first set. I'm old school - give the press and the other teams nothing - do your talking in the dressing shed. Obviously they are there to win, but you don't win squat in the press.

I am having difficulty trying to understand how Baz saying that he wants the team to always want to win is (a) talking the team up or (b) anything other than the attitude you would insist both the coach and team had.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12