Barretts threat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I wasn’t referring to us at all but clearly ( well to me) Baz is well liked by the players and if sacked I reckon there will be a gigantic **** YOU to the Penn’s with three very big losses guaranteeing the spoon.

And we as fans get to share that misery too!!
If true then Baz is quiting and not being sacked, so players would be peeved that he walks with 3 games left of a lousy season :mad:

Somebody, think of the Members and Fans for a change :wait:

The Penn choices for coaches should twenty bwarret spill his lollies.

Top tier - Madge or De$
Mid tier - Hook, 2V, Henry
Lower tier - Cartwright, Any Storm assistant coach

Wildcard - Kev Walters, or Sprog of the immortal clown.

Any others ?

Of that only Maguire would fill me with ANY hope.

Previous coaches won’t get another run, both for different reasons.

Let’s not forget there’s also the other merry go round happening , Penrith and now the Donkeys.

Heard on local radio up here the Donks are considering a massive offer to Seibold and shafting Waynee Poo for the last year of his contract.

They’d need to payout Seibold contract to Souths , so costs for doing this circa 3 million plus.

Souths would then need a new coach and you’d have to say Maguire would be up there for that one.

Then there’s the Brennan to Panthers , Bennett to Gold Coast one as well.

FMD I can’t keep up with it.

F@## Barrett if he leaves. The bloke has form with keeping secrets, he did it for a year whilst he waited for them to sack Toovey. I for one won't miss him and he is exactly what Gould needs, a puppet. If we end up with the spoon it will be by his hand. If he walks we just get in a good old fashioned Manly "us against the world" mode and thrash whoever we have to.

I think the players you want to do the thrashing are well and truly in the Barrett camp ..... not many are going to have loyalty to Penn or Gorman or Zorba

What sort of coach do you think will want to join a club were the current coach left because they did not provide the support staff contractually promised ..... and twice when demanded ... refused to get the professional staff promised ....

But please .... don't let me stop the numb-nutts from somehow saying Barrett is the problem ....

As somebody who likes Barrett, I am starting to hope he does leave .... he deserves better than the **** this club keeps dishing up ... and good luck to any of the punchies that are left holding it together ..

I’m not a Barrett lover but I’m also far from the #sackbarrett crew who keep dishing up the “ no excuses are reasonable “ deal.

My argument is simply this, and of course this is over the three years.

Barrett has been stuck with a few good players and a lot of dead wood, many of which he inherited not chose.

You all know the ones , Winterstein, Perrett, Jono Wright ( and a long list unfortunately over 3 years).

He’s had some success with some of them mind you , AFB, Kelly and Lane are much better players than when they joined us.

And equally so he’s had some disasters of his own doing , Lewis Brown the prime example.

He had success in 2017 as our million dollar man needs a foil, and he had one in Green, we played finals football as a result ( wasn’t too bad that year was he).

Whilst “ the crew” will dismiss the injury situation it HAS greatly affected the 2016 and 2018 years and the simple fact that we’ve won the last two weeks running is because we managed to put THE SAME TEAM on the paddock each week (means nothing to them) but it’s a big factor.

Now, I’m the first to agree with “ the crew” that Barrett seems to have made some selection mistakes AND not using his bench correctly over the three years , I don’t disagree totally however that’s from a bunch of armchair coaches who really have zero inside knowledge ( me as the prime example ).

I’d really like to see Barrett get one year where we have a normal run of injuries , and with the addition of Elgey in 2019 a proper 5/8 for Cherry ( again),

But no, it seems “ the crew “ will get their wish and we will be doomed to more years of rebuilding with some other coach who’s really no better!!

I would be dissapointed to see the coach walk / sacked but not because I think he’s the messiah, more because of what I know will follow!!

Last edited:
AND, here comes the spoon as a result !!

Hope everyone is really chuffed with that.
I post some **** on forums (ok a lot) but that is the dumbest thing I have read to blame people on a forum for a coach and owner of our club who are clearly out of their depth. It is no more our fault that they may get the spoon than it was that Toovey was sacked all we can do is sit back and cry.

I post some **** on forums (ok a lot) but that is the dumbest thing I have read to blame people on a forum for a coach and owner of our club who are clearly out of their depth. It is no more our fault that they may get the spoon than it was that Toovey was sacked all we can do is sit back and cry.

Did I say it’s “ your fault”??

I simply said “ hope everyone will be chuffed with that”.

And the really sad thing is many will!!

I feel the same way as Mark and Woodsie. I am not anti-Barrett and feel it is the owners and their lack of acumen and financial willingness to invest more in the club that is the root cause of our poor season.
If the club is unable, or unwilling, to invest more in resources then we will become permanent also-rans.
We need a change of owners and structure more than we need a change of coach. But, if that doesn't happen and Twenty leaves/is punted then I hope we can bring back Tooves as Football Manager, Matt Balin or Donny Singh as Fitness Coach, and take a punt on the Walker Brothers as First Grade coaches.
We will never be able to compete financially with one-city clubs, or Leagues Club-backed teams, so we have to be innovative on the football field and try to squeeze extra talent out of journeymen. I think the Walker Brothers could shake things up.
Really, what have we got to lose? We are already a basket case.

Did I say it’s “ your fault”??

I simply said “ hope everyone will be chuffed with that”.

And the really sad thing is many will!!
Fair enough I read everyone as forum poster I'm in the sack Barrett camp but on this I believe he is correct Penn has to start spending some money on the football department or sell up. At the moment we are just existing not competing and it's just sad.

I’m not a Barrett lover but I’m also far from the #sackbarrett crew who keep dishing up the “ no excuses are reasonable “ deal.

My argument is simply this, and of course this is over the three years.

Barrett has been stuck with a few good players and a lot of dead wood, many of which he inherited not chose.

You all know the ones , Winterstein, Perrett, Jono Wright ( and a long list unfortunately over 3 years).

He’s had some success with some of them mind you , AFB, Kelly and Lane are much better players than when they joined us.

And equally so he’s had some disasters of his own doing , Lewis Brown the prime example.

He had success in 2017 as our million dollar man needs a foil, and he had one in Green, we played finals football as a result ( wasn’t too bad that year was he).

Whilst “ the crew” will dismiss the injury situation it HAS greatly affected the 2016 and 2018 years and the simple fact that we’ve won the last two weeks running is because we managed to put THE SAME TEAM on the paddock each week (means nothing to them) but it’s a big factor.

Now, I’m the first to agree with “ the crew” that Barrett seems to have made some selection mistakes AND not using his bench correctly over the three years , I don’t disagree totally however that’s from a bunch of armchair coaches who really have zero inside knowledge ( me as the prime example ).

I’d really like to see Barrett get one year where we have a normal run of injuries , and with the addition of Elgey in 2019 a proper 5/8 for Cherry ( again),

But no, it seems “ the crew “ will get their wish and we will be doomed to more years of rebuilding with some other coach who’s really no better!!

I would be dissapointed to see the coach walk / sacked but not because I think he’s the messiah, more because of what I know will follow!!
I never liked Barrett from day 1, but I put my feelings a side for a long period because I thought maybe he had something. It is clear to me that he is not the coach that this club needs. We need a coach that understands building a proper club culture from the top down. Barrett is a football coach and may be a decent one. but he is not interested nor does he have the capacity to achieve a cultural rebuild of a club. Just like Barrett is not a culture coach Manly is not a club that can operate on football alone. We need to get that extra 10% from culture not from fancy gyms. I wish him the best as I don't hate him, but I won't miss him. Hopefully the replacement will be better. but god only knows.

Seems that much of the current coaching uncertainty and speculation at Manly is mainly being influenced and generated by Gould 's present whims and maneuvering to try and get some stability at the Panthers and some face saving antics by him and that can hardly be in Manly"s interests . Just hope that there can be some very clear direction provided by at least someone representing the best interests of the club as soon as practically possible today to get a bit of stability and certainty back for the club"s on going season and short term future . Also seem to losing sight of the fact that the club has had two good fixture results leading into some still important spoon avoiding games so again even more reason to resolve and come to terms properly with all of this supposedly coaching uncertainly and speculation today so far . Fortunately it appears that there were quite a few important re signings last week with existing players and the last thing and consequences to avoid would be to lose very promising players such as Suli and Paseka and perhaps others with any avoidable and largely unnecessary club shenanigans at this stage of the season

We all know that TB has had a lot to deal with in terms of lack of resources, salary cap and player injury. I don't disagree. However, a lot want to keep the faith with him and see how he goes with more stabilty in playing roster etc.. I personally don't follow this line of thought. If he isn't good enough to deliver under times of adversity then he's not the right person to coach our team.. what really annoyed me about TB is the fact that he went outside the club and in particular to Gould of all people to voice his dissatisfaction of conditions at the club, obviously fully aware of the implications of doing so ... ie went into the public forum/ media which is not part of the Manly culture . He's done our club no favours by doing so. He lost me at that point.

what really annoyed me about TB is the fact that he went outside the club and in particular to Gould of all people to voice his dissatisfaction of conditions at the club, obviously fully aware of the implications of doing so ... ie went into the public forum/ media which is not part of the Manly culture
That is a very good point, however as the (perennial) devil's advocate...it will have occurred to you that the place is hardly crawling with ex-players and people who are part of the so-called Manly culture, so who was he to go to?
Fulton was gone, job completed (lol), who else is there? Zorba? (triple lol).
I suppose Beaver is still loosely associated with the club but (champion though he be) he probably lacks the gravitas of a club senior statesman to offer advice during a tumultuous time.
Like with most of Barrett's failings, not an excuse necessarily but certainly an explanation.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8