Barretts threat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have another tin foil hat moment to contribute.

Is it possible that Gus was playing the long con in recommending Trent to Manly?

Does Gus perhaps see something in Barrett that many of us can't see but wanted him to "lose his cherry" as a first grade NRL coach at a club other than Penrith?

Did Gus figure sending Barrett to us while he got his Panthers house in order under Hook would either end in triumph (a GF for Manly) or tragedy (our current situation) but either way, his protege would gain valuable experience as a first grade coach?

We know Barrett confides in Gus regularly & that Gus advises him. Has Trent been Gus' Manchurian candidate these past 3 years & now it's time for him to come home?

What better way to fly under the radar by sacking Hook & leaking a story about Penrith going after Ivan Cleary? While everyone was looking over there, Gus has all along been in Trent's ear about returning to Penrith with 3 years experience under his belt.

I have another tin foil hat moment to contribute.

Is it possible that Gus was playing the long con in recommending Trent to Manly?

Does Gus perhaps see something in Barrett that many of us can't see but wanted him to "lose his cherry" as a first grade NRL coach at a club other than Penrith?

Did Gus figure sending Barrett to us while he got his Panthers house in order under Hook would either end in triumph (a GF for Manly) or tragedy (our current situation) but either way, his protege would gain valuable experience as a first grade coach?

We know Barrett confides in Gus regularly & that Gus advises him. Has Trent been Gus' Manchurian candidate these past 3 years & now it's time for him to come home?

What better way to fly under the radar by sacking Hook & leaking a story about Penrith going after Ivan Cleary? While everyone was looking over there, Gus has all along been in Trent's ear about returning to Penrith with 3 years experience under his belt.

How do you explain them offering the job to Cleary then (and longer term)?

How do you explain them offering the job to Cleary then (and longer term)?

Did they actually make him an offer though?

I know he met with his mate who is a manager at Penrith but my understanding was that they simply enquired after his interest in returning to Penrith.

Who cares ?
As long as the eternal rookie rides off into the sunset, I'm happy.
Penn could coach us himself, and that would possibly be an upgrade at this stage.

A potential Toovey comeback has me more excited than anything I have seen this season tbh.

I would say this is highly plausible. However Gould visited Wayne Beavis last Monday and told Griffin the board wanted Cleary to replace him. Maybe Trent was Gould’s back up plan. Either way, Gould is a mercenary bastard. Imagine working for him!

Gus has an enormous ego & he's in the business of empire-buildng.

Look back at the last 20 years of his career - he hasn't been an NRL coach but he's essentially shadowed the beginning of the coaching careers of Ricky Stuart, Brad Fittler, Trent Barrett & now Cameron Ciraldo.

He's managed to create a position of great power for himself at Penrith & can weave his spells out of the view of the media, & as we saw with his interview on the Footy Show last week, points the finger at everyone else & cries innocent when it was obviously him behind it all.

Anyone who thinks ZtH and co will bring back Toovey has rocks in their heads.

If @strone33 gets his wish, then I’d almost bet Neil Henry will get the gig as replacement.

And then how long until we get a #sackhenry thread going, I’d give it , say 6 weeks into the next season.
Not from me. If we play with some format and intent.
Unfortunately after 3 years of non improvement I joined the sack Barrett brigade and if, because I'm not a Barrett happy clapper, I have to wear names like numb nuts well I'll wear it gladly.
But if people are happy with the current situation then follow a non comp sport.
And certainly not Manly.
And I don't think we've improved in leadership either.
The Penn's should let Lyall run the show.
They employed him.

Well it will only be a matter of weeks until we know one way or the other - just hope the team ignores this crap and focuses for this weekends game

The more I think about it the more the Barrett leaving scenario makes sense and the reason why I think it makes sense is one thing, ZORBA! They claim in the paper that Barrett handed in his notice in July, right about the same time that Zorba started to question Barrett's ability publicly. The only thing that goes against this is Cartwrong and Ferris extending their deals to sync with Barrett. I really hope that they aren't thinking of making Cartwrong the Head Coach. After listening to Toovey on Controversy Corner you almost could see him Des, Donny and Crusher sitting around having a beer talking about getting the band back together. Considering none of them work for anyone else.

Another fine piece of journalism in today SMH by Chris Barrett....

Barrett was asked after Saturday night’s game about the reported ultimatum to Manly.

"I can’t confirm that ... at this stage,” he said. “You’ll have to ask Lyall. I haven’t been in the office today and I’ve had my phone off so I don’t know."

We all know this reply in the presser was in reference to Manly signing Kane Elgey but that doesn't stop them outright lying just to stick the boot in a little bit more. No wonder everyone hates these pricks.

The more I think about it the more the Barrett leaving scenario makes sense and the reason why I think it makes sense is one thing, ZORBA! They claim in the paper that Barrett handed in his notice in July, right about the same time that Zorba started to question Barrett's ability publicly. The only thing that goes against this is Cartwrong and Ferris extending their deals to sync with Barrett. I really hope that they aren't thinking of making Cartwrong the Head Coach. After listening to Toovey on Controversy Corner you almost could see him Des, Donny and Crusher sitting around having a beer talking about getting the band back together. Considering none of them work for anyone else.
I really hope they aren't considering Cartwright as well.
But it could well be shaping that way.
He's another one of Goose's world champion coaches of the future...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8