Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters

Eagles2nv

DESpicable Manly
Well what are his options...

1. Suck it up and pick Hastings (best option in my opinion)
2. Tom Wright. He can play 5/8, has been earmarked as a future 1st grader and goes alright in ressies. Let's blood him now, seasons gone, could be a diamond in the rough
3. Api to 5/8, Fainu at hooker and keep Poo at Utility.

The Indian

Bencher
89 was a bad Year as well . A team chock full of stars and finishing the year in 12th position. Sponsored by ADT and coached by Alan Thompson im sure.
Indeed. Ironic that twice we appointed different guys with the same name Alan Thomson/Thompson and both got flicked first year. Probably the only coaches we ever flicked after 1 year ?

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I refuse to watch Manly again until Jackson Hastings is Picked in the Halves.

Hard to imagine a Manly team with Jake/Tom/DCE/Taupau/Fonua-Blake/Koirisau is about to go down as the Worst Manly team in history.

Hastings should be wearing the no.7 jersey no ifs or buts.

He will steer the team around with ease. He is the complete package. Crisp selective passing, great organizationsl skills, strong kicking game, he is a talker, has some mongrel in him and his defence has improved greatly over the last 12 months.

Koirisau should never be selected in the halves ever. Never ever he is useless in the halves.

Lewis Brown is the best option to give Koirisau a breather for 20 mins (max) per game.

Taupau needs to give the weights a rest. He has the worst ball security of any forward in the game. The iron obviously doesnt help this.

DCE will be a million dollars with Hastings doing what he is clueless at achieving.

If Barrett ignores Hastings, he will go down as the worst coach in NRL/ARL history.

If he selects him well there is still some hope left for all involved.

I can't work out if you are actually Jackson or Lewis.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Jackson wasn’t the Mesiah today for BWSE, and in fact the commentators made mention that Manly were looking at Fanu ( can’t spell his first name) Brown from the Bulldogs for 5/8.

First I’ve heard of this!

Chuck

Reserve Grader
And from what Dale Shearer said a few weeks ago on FB.....he's regretted leaving Manly ever since. He said he should never have left.

I wonder what it would have been like had Rowdy stayed? Ridge coming in at fullback in 1990 would likely have seen Snoz and Rowdy as our centres. Or at worst Snoz and Williams with Rowdy on the wing. That would have been one very potent backline and with Cliffy, Tooves and Des running the show.....it could have been a golden era for us.

Not with that Raiders and Broncos teams running around. Still wouldn't have taken any of their premierships off them.

Cliffy's Jockstrap

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
It might make us look a bit silly next week but realistically Hastings is the only choice. Pretty sure TB will opt for keeping Api at Hooker as a first choice. I think the Hastings Question was put to TB at the Conf (struggled to hear the questions) - but I certainly didn't hear No.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
I refuse to watch Manly again until Jackson Hastings is Picked in the Halves.

Hard to imagine a Manly team with Jake/Tom/DCE/Taupau/Fonua-Blake/Koirisau is about to go down as the Worst Manly team in history.

Hastings should be wearing the no.7 jersey no ifs or buts.

He will steer the team around with ease. He is the complete package. Crisp selective passing, great organizationsl skills, strong kicking game, he is a talker, has some mongrel in him and his defence has improved greatly over the last 12 months.

Koirisau should never be selected in the halves ever. Never ever he is useless in the halves.

Lewis Brown is the best option to give Koirisau a breather for 20 mins (max) per game.

Taupau needs to give the weights a rest. He has the worst ball security of any forward in the game. The iron obviously doesnt help this.

DCE will be a million dollars with Hastings doing what he is clueless at achieving.

If Barrett ignores Hastings, he will go down as the worst coach in NRL/ARL history.

If he selects him well there is still some hope left for all involved.
Is that you Jackson?

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
SMH

By Adrian Proszenko
28 April 2018 — 6:38pm

Manly chief executive Lyall Gorman is adamant Jackson Hastings will be considered for selection this week as the embattled club considers asking the NRL for dispensation to pick players outside its top-30 squad to deal with its injury crisis.

Sea Eagles half Lachlan Croker will require a third knee reconstruction after again rupturing his ACL in Friday night’s loss to Newcastle, while forward Jack Gosiewski is expected to be out for two to three weeks after fracturing one of the metacarpal bones in his hand.

Continues at link:
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/we-ll-consider-picking-jackson-hastings-gorman-20180428-p4zc7w.html

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Yeah but didn't Barrett say in his impromptu press conference last week that he is the one who selects the side, not Gorman or the players?

When it comes down to it though, for Manly to remain even remotely competitive this year I honestly don't think Baz has a choice. He must pick Hastings because with Croker gone for the year we literally have no other realistic option.

However, I still fear that he will move Api to the halves, put Brown in at hooker and the bench utility will probably be someone like Jono Wright. And if he does that we may as well not bother turning up over the next 3 weeks.

Yeah but didn't Barrett say in his impromptu press conference last week that he is the one who selects the side, not Gorman or the players?

When it comes down to it though, for Manly to remain even remotely competitive this year I honestly don't think Baz has a choice. He must pick Hastings because with Croker gone for the year we literally have no other realistic option.

However, I still fear that he will move Api to the halves, put Brown in at hooker and the bench utility will probably be someone like Jono Wright. And if he does that we may as well not bother turning up over the next 3 weeks.

I can say hand on heart that if Api is in the 6 and Brown is the 9, I will not bother watching next weekend.

Let's hope sanity prevails.. ...or we sign someone this week!

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
10 6 4 -10 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 6 5 107 12
11 5 6 47 12
12 6 6 2 12