Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
They way I think, if Hastings doesn't get picked this week, he will never get picked. He obviously has done something that has highly offended those around him, something even worse than singing the team song in his budgies!

Not sure about suli on wing. I guess it all comes down to whether Barrett will backflip anti would be great to see all three on the field at one time, API, HASTINGS AND DCE. that could really supply an excellent combination let hope COMMON SENSE PREVAILS AND EGOS ARE CHECKED AT THE DOOR

Api will be 5/8 with brown hooker. Best case scenario and i doubt it is hastings off bench for brown.

Gus was also saying there is a lot more to it that we know.

Absolutely there is IMO and Barrett has hinted as much multiple times

Barrett is not interested in losing, he knows he is under pressure if he keeps losing so there is more to it than most think.

If Barrett is not picking him the way our season has gone im backing Barrett that Hastings is a royal &*%& up

Suggestions mate?
T Wright,or Kelly at 5/8 or
Fainu at 7?

Upgrading Fainu is the logical choice for me as he will more than likely be in the 30 next year anyways.
Fainu gets my vote as he can kick, already is used to defending in the middle and has a good reading on the play :nod:

Tom W concerns me with his touch footy attitude. Running with the ball and taking the hits has to feature in his game more @:cool:

Let's party like it's 2016.
Failed experiment Dylan Walker named at five-eighth.
That'll do me. The inside knowledge of snake oil Gould has come true.
Good luck gentleman
NYEagle

Got to hand it to Baz he's a man of his word. Good luck to him, would have been a completely untenable position for him had he named Cletus at 6.

I can actually live with Walker at 6, better than all the other non-Hastings options that were bandied around - i.e. Api and Wrights x 2

Could be a fun game with two headless chooks in DCE and The Phantom running riot either side of the ruck. We'll either look like genii or get rolled by 50. If the forwards put in like they did on Friday we may just get enough time and space for these two to work some magic.

Got to hand it to Baz he's a man of his word. Good luck to him, would have been a completely untenable position for him had he named Cletus at 6.

I can actually live with Walker at 6, better than all the other non-Hastings options that were bandied around - i.e. Api and Wrights x 2

Could be a fun game with two headless chooks in DCE and The Phantom running riot either side of the ruck. We'll either look like genii or get rolled by 50. If the forwards put in like they did on Friday we may just get enough time and space for these two to work some magic.
Well Walker is a genuine play-maker in the sense that he can create chances with skill and pace. With Croker, DCE had to do the majority of the "creating" and all the management which was never going to work. Walker might be able to take some of the pressure of DCE by having a presence at 5/8.

Lussick has been playing in the halves a fair bit and is very solid. He would have been a better option but he may not be part of the 30.

Tom Wright would be about the same as Dylan in the 6 - the difference being we don’t need to weaken our centres if Tom plays.

From the games i watched hastings play he was creative and scored and set up tries . Can actually kick inside the 20 and get results. Croker had some good one on one tackles no and again.
It's clear the media have decided to take Hastings side as it serves the Manly bashing agenda better.
Why not, he's a fringe player, never going to make much of an impact. They rather go after and disrupt the team's best player and create stories about a failing "team culture".

It's sad so many "fans" on this forum have bought into it and are screaming for Hastings to play.
Fact check everyone, he wasn't good enough to be selected by Baz prior to the latest incident, and I can't imaging he's suddenly improved dramatically.

The fans should get behind Baz's decision, accept the kid's a bad egg and burn this f***ing thread.

Walker @ 5/8? I’m hoping Jacko is a late inclusion, saves the media storm. Walker & Suli would be a powerful 3/4 pairing. Although, Hastings does have a dislocated finger. I know Hastings/DCE would work much better than the alternative.

He is the ghost of the ghost who walks. Not half the player he was prior to the multiple injuries, and now Twenty names him in a position he absolutely failed at 2 years ago.

Thanks twenty for restoring the faith we have in you. Oh wait ...

That’s fine! So why did the coach recruit him in the first place?
Baz explained on NRL360 this year that he was asked by Bozo what position he wanted filled, but Bozo was the one who identified the player and together with the CEO, the contract details.

This was after he got some warning regarding the Salary Cap findings.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11