Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters
With trent in charge he might name (my prediction on who Trent will choose in backline):
1. Turbo
2. Tom Wright
3. Matt Wright
4. Kels
5. Aku
6. D Walks
7. DCE

My team (backline):
1. Turbo
2. Tom Wright
3. D Walks
4. Kels
5. Aku
6. Jacko
7. DCE
You are close. Manly has asked the nrl to add suli as a development player and will hopefully know tomorrow. If thats the case fair chance walker to 5/8 and suli to centre

Gorman said in the interview that Jacko would be named in the 21 but whether he is picked in the 17 for Sunday is up to the coaching staff so no certainty yet. I personally hope he is, not saying he will win games for us but with what we have left he is our best otion in terms of position and experience.

I voted yes , only because I think there’s a fair bit of pressure to do so , and for no other reason!!

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
Baz said he wants to keep Api at 9.

Seven news reported tonight that hastings is very likely to play (could just be BS) based on their interview with Gorman.

I'd say Hastings will play in the 6, and he will have a blinder.

Think he will play and think he should he will either tear it up against his old club or over play his hand.
The cupboard is bare id pick him

I am on the edge of my seat. Will the worlds most average footballer be picked for Manly.

With his bland, amoeba like averageness he will slot into this side well.

If Barrett wants to save his season and at least get some respectability back into the side, he needs Hastings at 5/8 and Tom Wright on the wing. I'd even bring Anderson up from the developmental players and have him on the wing, but that wont happen. Suli is apparently a top player but is overwieght from what I've heard and not fit enough yet. Fainu needs to be on the bench to relieve Api and maintain the thrust. I really believe what's holding this team back is not having a player who can effectively link the forwards with the backs and take the pressure off DCE. Hastings is the most likely to do that. Would love to have someone more effective at 5/8 but there is no one in the seniors at present with that skill. Hastings is the best we have.

He certainly will, ORDERS from above...

and he will lead us to a win and make barrett look like a goose..

Barrett doesn't already look like a goose?

He is doing a good enough job of that all by himself, without needing Hastings help.

Hopefully Hastings will slot in next to DCE. At long last it will give us something solid to talk about regarding Hastings' ability to manage the team and take pressure off DCE. He'll either be the messiah that many have heralded or a false prophet. Realistically anything in between will work for me.

As I said in another thread, Gus Gould said that while Hastings will be in the 21 (out of default) he’s a zillion to one to be picked in the 17.

Barrett is obviously close as can be to Gould so you can guarantee he won’t be picked. That leaves two options given Barrett said he won’t move Api.

Wright to 5/8th

Walker to 5/8th Suli/Wright to centre

I think the latter is more likely given we went to the NRL yesterday to gain approval for Suli to come into the 30 man squad.

I dunno.. I think Jackson will be picked at 5/8 tbh because if he's not picked and we lose hard again the sh1ts really gonna hit the fan. It's the logical selection based on 'picking the best team to get the win' given Crokers injury. The media will have even more ammo to hammer us and there will be more BS and innuendo as to why Jackson is permanently exiled. By stubbornly not picking the logical player in the logical position and keeping losing, by the end of the year there'll be no fans watching, no sponsors interested and TB will be on the 'never to coach NRL again' list. Surely TB isn't gonna just sit back and let the ship sink. Surely.....??

As I said in another thread, Gus Gould said that while Hastings will be in the 21 (out of default) he’s a zillion to one to be picked in the 17.

Barrett is obviously close as can be to Gould so you can guarantee he won’t be picked.
I heard Gus say that too, and don't want to believe it, but surely if the Penn's want him in the 17 (and even Gorman) they have much more sway over TB than Gus? (I'll admit I'm clutching at straws though...)

If we are to remain anywhere near competitive....then I believe he must pick Hastings at 5/8 and ACTUALLY play him there.

I'm not holding my breath though.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11