• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
niccipops said:
Q: What do you get when you cross Steve Menzies with Elvis?
A: Beaver Las Vegas

Terrible, I know. I'm bored.

Nicci's been on the alcopops methinks

Bearfax said:
Sshhober folksh! I just tell bad jokes.

Jatz Crackers said:
Bearfax said:

I do believe Nicci digs more sober & younger blokes.
True but I kind of have a thing for Santa and he has a beer at every stop.:p

Eaglette Fan said:
niccipops said:
Q: What do you get when you cross Steve Menzies with Elvis?
A: Beaver Las Vegas

Terrible, I know. I'm bored.

A singing Beaver
They could get the singing Beaver to do the National Anthem before international matches. Guess they may not show it on T.V. though...

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Shoe1 said:
Some passing maybe, but I don't recall gifty running in try after try like that!
Gifty has the occasional quiet game,beaver didn't.

That's not true no one loved Menzies more than me but he did have the occasional quiet game too

AN overnight Beaver double in Catalans victory over Hull KR - the guy is ageless, touching 40 and still as fit as a fiddle - long live Beaver fever....

Bradza said:
One of Beavers best attributes not mentioned above is his natural instinct and anticipation. The very best defenders know the shortest way around the paddock from A to B and take off a couple of seconds earlier than everyone else. The high angle shots used to demonstrate this beautifully with Beaver when he pulled off a cover tackle.

One of the best examples of this was the day we played the Dragons at Brookie in about 2003 or 04. We led by 2 with a minute to go and had the ball on their line (couldn't lose!). Hoppa went out of dummy half and managed to throw an intercept. The Dragon's player took off down field with the Manly defenders chasing including Hoppa running faster than he'd ever run before (except maybe when he was looking for a pen to sign Will's contract with the Eels). The Dragons player was brought down in our quarter and they quickly spread the ball wide to score a certain try. Beaver managed to get from the ruck on one side of the field and hurl himself into Cooper (I think) on the other sideline as he dived into score. On replay the ball was shown to be knocked lose and the bell went.

When combined with his faultless technique you couldn't get a better more reliable defender. Cliffy will always be my favourite but Beaver sits well at number 2.

Happy Birthday!

And go Mr Beaves.

Menzies starts farewell season with victory

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/menzies-starts-farewell-season-with-victory-20130204-2dti6.html

A article from the SMH today.
I really hope he comes back to Manly in some capacity, Id give him the keys to Brookvale upon his return and let him have any role he wished.

manlyfan76 said:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/menzies-starts-farewell-season-with-victory-20130204-2dti6.html

I really hope he comes back to Manly in some capacity, Id give him the keys to Brookvale upon his return and let him have any role he wished.

I know he wants to and it would be ridiculous beyond belief for the club not to find a role for him. Surely working with the team during the week and running messages on game day is tailor made for him. Plus he can be involved with memberships and sponsors as well.

manlyfan76 said:

I dislike that link with a passion hahahaha.Seriously,the "old man" has still got it and he'll score plenty more this season,of that i am sure

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4