Beijing Medal Tally Updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy link said:
and the all black pack wouldnt last 5 minutes again Michael Diamond

1.  Who is Michael Diamond?
2.  Unleash the All Black tight 5 onto a basketball court against the Boomers and it would be a highly amusing 5 minutes before they carted the boys in yellow away in an ambulance. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=178127.msg194234#msg194234 date=1219377236]
LOL at you thinking that blokes that play it are not tough, obviously someone who has never been to a high level match and watch the big boys hammer each other
  Bogut wouldn't last 5 minutes against the All Black pack - you know it.
[/quote]

And the All Black pack wouldn't last 5 mins against Shaquille O'Neal either, point being ? Don't think Pero Cameron would struggle too much either

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178127.msg194256#msg194256 date=1219405805]
LOL at you thinking that blokes that play it are not tough, obviously someone who has never been to a high level match and watch the big boys hammer each other
[/quote]

And the All Black pack wouldn't last 5 mins against Shaquille O'Neal either, point being ?
[/quote]  You'd bet on that???

To see an Aussie break the Chinese dominance in diving in the last event of 8 was unbelievable.

Aussies have excelled in events in the water!!!

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=178127.msg194285#msg194285 date=1219451526]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178127.msg194256#msg194256 date=1219405805]
[/quote]

And the All Black pack wouldn't last 5 mins against Shaquille O'Neal either, point being ?
[/quote]  You'd bet on that???

[/quote]

Yep, no problems betting on it.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Watched the end of the BMX today, what a weird format

3 heats in the quarters and semis, and only a 1 off medal race at the end

In the Womens final the Pommy chick was winning it, got clipped and fell off at the last corner by a frog who went on to win it, Kiwi girl came in 4th
Walker is a stunner and we were cheering for her. 1 race for the medal was nuts and Walker got taken out and the dream was gone.

I taped 14 hrs every day and watched anything that looked good. The softball semi was tense and exciting as it was so close, but it helps fast-forwarding during the play.

Some of the coverage was just disgraceful. Kiwis get a gold in women's shotput (i think) and they didn't have a minute of that comp. Joanna Griggs for me was the standout presenter.

Now I have time on my hands but I keep wanting to sit in front of the TV with sangers and drinks at the ready.

Your not wrong on Walker mate, that smile is sensational

I watched as much as i could as well, has left a big hole now, got used to always having something watchable on

The coverage over here was mixed, saw most of the kiwis competing, although some were delayed which was poor, saw all the main events and a decent enough mix of the other stuff i suppose. The Womens Volleyball was outstanding

Re: London Olympics 2012 Opening & Closing Ceremonies:

Yea, this needs to be in them (The Goodies):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raHNSIWOG4k

And this (The Young Ones):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVSlWD1yYA0

And you can't go wrong with Benny Hill:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRwv-BnWm5o

The ol' Dad's Army Theme would be brilliant somewhere during the opening:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxzkP0-iUUM

But the very first act after the lights go down in the main arena to start the opening ceremony, has to be this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xck9FaO_zA4

ssar link said:
Lol That's Pretty Funny (Yanks NBC's medal tally page) - But the REAL medal tally takes into account such results Per Capita, as is Shown Here (Beijing Medal Tally - Total Medals Per Capita page) considering the population base from which to develop our elite athletes.

And here is a funny Response by the Poms to beating Australia in the \"Total Gold Medals\" Beijing Medal Tally as well - look at it per capita buddies!

Aussie Aussie Aussie!

LOL at India...........1.1 Billion people and 3 medals in total. I also read that the Gold they won was their first ever individual Gold, and only their second ever after their mens Hockey team won sometime in the 50's or something.

They are officially the most unco race on earth.

In reality though the per capita thing is flawed in a big way

I read somewhere that for 1 Jamaican Gold Medal, to match it on that table China would have to win 1700 golds or something like that

The GDP/Population to gold (or all medals) is really the standard imo. It is a real indicator tempered by the actual spend on sport within a country. The winner is (drumroll) Zim. Probably as the only blacks getting near a swimming pool are scooping leaves :)

I thought some of the Pom stuff giving it to Oz was pretty funny - 'bout time the pasty faced lager lads and ladettes had something to feel good about.

MB - you didn't see the latest effort then. England only won 13 Gold and had to rely on Scotland and Wales for the others. We won after all!!!

ManlyBacker link said:
The GDP/Population to gold (or all medals) is really the standard imo. It is a real indicator tempered by the actual spend on sport within a country. The winner is (drumroll) Zim. Probably as the only blacks getting near a swimming pool are scooping leaves :)

None of the pools have water in them, and even if they did there's not the power to run the filters to keep them clean.  I saw a photo of the pool at my Primary School the other day.  Empty, everything overgrown and rusty. 

The pool at Mugabe's mansion is operational however.

1980 - Rhodesia = First world nation despite 15 years of sanctions.
2008 - Zimbabwe has lowest GDP in the world and highest inflation.

Thank you UN, thank you world. 

Canteen Worker link said:
MB - you didn't see the latest effort then. England only won 13 Gold and had to rely on Scotland and Wales for the others. We won after all!!!
True. The funniest effort was by the Sun newspaper with a billboard truck. The background was a Union Jack, at the top GB 19 Aus 14 and "Where the hell were you?", (having a play at the Bingle ads). Not bad.

And Mata, we got it about 50 posts ago. You know I support whatever measures that can and should be done, have spoken about how frustrated I am by the crap situation, but be stuffed if I am going to feel guilty. Never liked Fraser anyways.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8