Believe it or not - no team changes for Sharks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
The Sea Eagles have announced their teams for this week's match against the Cronulla Sharks.

Des Hasler has named an unchanged line up from last week.

See below the teams for NRL, NYC and the Queensland Cup.

NRL:

Ben Farrar
Michael Robertson
Jamie Lyon
Steve Matai
Tony Williams
Kieran Foran
Trent Hodkinson
Jason King
Matt Ballin
Josh Perry
Anthony Watmough
Shane Rodney
Glenn Stewart

Joe Galuvao
Brent Kite
George Rose
Chris Bailey
Matt Cross

Coach: Des Hasler

I may be the lone ranger on this one, but I am happy with that side being named

Give them 1 last crack to redeem themselves, with some on notice that they don't perform this week things may change

Kiwi Eagle link said:

Give them 1 last crack to redeem themselves, with some on notice that they don't perform this week things may change

Not the only one Kiwi. I would have done the same. Perry is on the edge though.

Kiwi Eagle link said:

think ure right mate
id drop bailey from the bench so we can have an extra prop on the bencj with cross

Look Des has to be admired for his loality to his team, it probably got us a premiership and hopefully will result in a few wins coming up but at some point loyality has to be replaced by accountability.

Hoping the bad publicity this week will spur the team.

Realistically who do we put in the team instead of these guys?  We have no reserve grade to speak of any more and the NYC guys are not ready this year to play more than a few games in fg.  

Prepared to give them one more chance but if we lose this game then the club will run of out excuses for them and they must offload a few more players at the end of the year even though their contracts are not up yet.    

It is the best team that we can put on the paddock, swap Bailey for Cross and and I would be totally satisfied.

They created this mess I suppose Des figures they need to fix it. Good luck to them they are gona need it.

Seeing as it looked like we lacked up the guts the last game, and the forward pack copped a blasting in the media, i think itll be a better performance all round.

The backline has had lyon injured on and off the last few weeks and has been disjointed, the forward pack has had interrupted preparations, so a solide week will see us back to normal. Expect Lyon and Gifty's side to score some points after more settled preparations, and also leak less with better preparations.

How Matai's contract dramas will effect him and the team is anyones guess though. But in reality, if we can't beat the sharks comfortably and the blasting from the media, i think it will show we lack the desire to win this premiership that other teams have.

Bigger involvement from Lyon and the forwards and that should see us through

We've got the team to win the premiership, let alone this game. As with when we won the premiership, we need the stars to align. We need players to be settled and injury free, and it seems we also need management to be looking after itself. Without it, the premiership won't come, regardless of how good the team is on paper.

Kiwi Eagle link said:

If only that were true. Even if we lose to Cronulla that same team will be selected next week and the week after.

"On Notice" my fat hairy Ar*s*!!!!!

Corso_Pete link said:
It is the best team that we can put on the paddock, swap Bailey for Cross and and I would be totally satisfied.
,, he hasnt done that all year i been wanting  him to do that also, but he wont... its like brandon costin has said theres no way im having him so you have to use him ..

I think he will this week. I reckon Baily was cover for Lyon and Stewart last week. Cross will add a bit of aggression to what should be the benchmark pack of the NRL.

To be fair it is one way to build up a culture - Des has a loyalty to his players and them to him

Like it or not you can see the logic

You know we're ****ed when people are wishing Matt Cross could get a start. He's the biggest plodder since Don Tweedle and his mate Shaun Wessels. Well I used to say that until Josh Perry circa 2010 showed up. I'm trippin balls at how he still hasn't been speared yet. Proves that Dazzler will never drop anyone on form. It's a worry.

Rook move using your real name.

Welcome though. Don't piss DSM or Cambo off too much, they've been known to go overboard, and using your real name could spell disaster.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4