Ben Barba suspended indefinitely

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think 90% of posters have felt compassion towards Bens plight. Our main source of joy is because it's the bulldogs this is happening to & not Ben personally. Have a look at your own backyard Vargs & take a look at what some of your fellow bulldogs posted on here during the Brett Stewart affair & De$gate. People in glass houses Vargs. On ya bike son. Later!

Vargs,

I think you are giving Greenburg and the club way too much credit. They are looking after the club's interests first and of that you can be sure. The rest is just good PR and spin to make it look like they are doing it for Ben and some greater altruistic motive.

It's a smokescreen, he's done something and they are in damage control. If it wasn't Ben Barba, current gun player, he would have been sacked and no concern for his welfare exhibited whatsoever. He is their key player AND their number one marketing tool, they are trying to keep a lid on this and still maximise their "investment". Bulldogs first....Ben Barbas welfare second.

I think Ben Barba is a nice kid who has made some wrong choices.
Such as signing with Canterbury and not a decent honest club like manly.

susan said:
I said in a previous post he seems like a good guy on the face of it. Having read about his past conquests and spoke to a couple of guys in the last couple of days I need to revaluate that and declare him an even bigger goose .......XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ........Please!

If this was you or I we would be rightly pidgeon holed as a drunken aggressive dickhead looking for some violence to wash down the piss.

But no,we have a ""health"" problem for star footballers.It is only a matter of time before we get ADD or undiagnosed bi polar trotted out.Why cant people come to the obvious conclusion that there are decent people and there are d...ckheads with a predeliction towards violence.Good people/bad people.It aint hard.Violence on the street is getting worse by the day.Jail the f..ckers.

ps I m biased having spent 2 weeks in hospital for severe head injuries after being bashed by 3 blokes on a bender outside a restaurant with my missus.

Hopefully these guys were caught by the cops and your brother was able to arrange for some old fashioned QLD police justice.

One only has to watch this weeks 4 corners show to realise how bad drunks and violence has become on the streets and what effect it has on some victims.

tookey said:
susan said:
I said in a previous post he seems like a good guy on the face of it. Having read about his past conquests and spoke to a couple of guys in the last couple of days I need to revaluate that and declare him an even bigger goose .......XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ........Please!

If this was you or I we would be rightly pidgeon holed as a drunken aggressive dickhead looking for some violence to wash down the piss.

But no,we have a ""health"" problem for star footballers.It is only a matter of time before we get ADD or undiagnosed bi polar trotted out.Why cant people come to the obvious conclusion that there are decent people and there are d...ckheads with a predeliction towards violence.Good people/bad people.It aint hard.Violence on the street is getting worse by the day.Jail the f..ckers.

ps I m biased having spent 2 weeks in hospital for severe head injuries after being bashed by 3 blokes on a bender outside a restaurant with my missus.

Hopefully these guys were caught by the cops and your brother was able to arrange for some old fashioned QLD police justice.

One only has to watch this weeks 4 corners show to realise how bad drunks and violence has become on the streets and what effect it has on some victims.

I didn't expect that when 4 Corners were doing a story on 'blind' people in Sydney night spots, they'd show an actual sight-impared person stumble and pass it off as an example of excessive alcohol consumption!!!

Of course there would be rumours of drug use. He fits the bill in a few ways

Performance enhancing drugs:
Had a standout year after failing to deliver reliably in the past.
He has been off the rails of late. Maybe nervous about being caught. Then he is forced to disappear for a while......

Party Drugs:
Hangs out with the Epic Bent Crew. Allegedly enjoy a good bender.

BUT a lot of this can apply to many players, it is pure speculation. the poor kid should have been drug tested as he was being suspended to remove some of the doubt.

If an NRL player confessed to his club he'd recently used drugs and the club wanted to cover it up, what steps would they need to take?
1. Workout a way to ensure the player wasn't tested.
Now.... They can't refuse a test so, they'd need to arrange it so the player wasn't available. They'd probably need to do this for a certain length of time to allow the traces to disappear so they wouldn't show up on a test.

Ultimately the cover story needs to give a viable explainarion as to why the player is "unavailable" while at the same time, keeping the media focused on these reasons so they don't bother digging further.

The Bulldogs have already said it's not a matter for the Police.

Why can't people just believe the guy has alcohol and gambling issues compounded by the fact he's lost his family and quite possibly suffering from depression? Why does it have to be so ****ing sinister?

Daddycool said:
If an NRL player confessed to his club he'd recently used drugs and the club wanted to cover it up, what steps would they need to take?
1. Workout a way to ensure the player wasn't tested.
Now.... They can't refuse a test so, they'd need to arrange it so the player wasn't available. They'd probably need to do this for a certain length of time to allow the traces to disappear so they wouldn't show up on a test.

Ultimately the cover story needs to give a viable explainarion as to why the player is "unavailable" while at the same time, keeping the media focused on these reasons so they don't bother digging further.

The gaping flaw in your story is that as a professional sportsman you need to be available at all times for drug testing. You can't hide. That means any day and any time. Apart from after the game the most common time to be drug tested is at around 6am (in the morning) the day after a game. @[Mark from Brisbane] They just knock on your door and you have no right to refuse.

Also, you're assuming he hasn't already been tested. Asada would have been all over this. And if it was a recreational drug, you'd only have to hide him for a few days. After that there would be no trace.

My point is; if he's suspended, he's not playing (ie not in a position to be tested after games). If he's not required at the club for training or anything else, he's not in a position to get tested along with the rest of the playing group. Which only leaves being at home "if" Asada decide to pay a visit to his house. But if he's not home.....

As far as the bulldogs club saying it wasnt a police matter, perhaps I'm just not as trusting as you when it comes to taking Greenbergs word.

Daddycool said:
My point is; if he's suspended, he's not playing (ie not in a position to be tested after games). If he's not required at the club for training or anything else, he's not in a position to get tested along with the rest of the playing group. Which only leaves being at home "if" Asada decide to pay a visit to his house. But if he's not home.....

As far as the bulldogs club saying it wasnt a police matter, perhaps I'm just not as trusting as you when it comes to taking Greenbergs word.

Mate they can call you and tell you to present for testing. The point is that you can't hide from it.

Napper said:
Stevo said:
bones said:
manlyfan76 said:
bones said:
I hope it happens to all Bulldogs players.

And staff.

And all bulldogs in pet shops. And all bulls. And all dogs. And all berries.

But bones i have a Bulldog. You don't want Xena to get sick do you?

I wouldn't feed a bulldog! :p

Nah she's a beauty, how old?

3yr old American Bulldog mate

Ahh ok. Was hard to tell from the pic but she is way too cute to be a british bulldog. Pretty high maitenance?

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-The-Pet-Thread

I made a pet thread because animals > humans.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8